Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyanco 10:51 - Oct 28 with 1222 viewskingslandstand1

Wasn't at the game but I see he's keen to show his commitment etc and on this snippet he's tweeted looks better than his debut

Is he better than Bednerak for Saturday?

Lyanco on 12:05 - Oct 28 with 1158 viewsIanSouthstander

I think so. I saw him at Sheffield and didn't rate him. However his performance tuesday merits another chance. Shows what a months extra training with the team can achieve.
I like his aggressive all action style and he's not afraid to gee the fans up when necessary.
I'd call Bednarek more of a steady Eddie , just doing enough to get by.
Lyanco on 17:53 - Oct 28 with 1019 viewsTimSaint

Lyanco on 12:05 - Oct 28 by IanSouthstander

I think so. I saw him at Sheffield and didn't rate him. However his performance tuesday merits another chance. Shows what a months extra training with the team can achieve.
I like his aggressive all action style and he's not afraid to gee the fans up when necessary.
I'd call Bednarek more of a steady Eddie , just doing enough to get by.

Bednarek has not been himself, performance wise, this season. Something seems to be missing. He doesn't seem to be as sharp as usual. Perhaps he needs a rest, or a good kick up the arse !!

Lyanco played well v Chelsea. He is clearly getting better as he adapts to the English game. Sure he got pelters for his mistake at Sheff Utd, but being honest, it was no different from the those we regularly see from the likes of Bed, Stephens and McCarthy. He showed a good turn of pace, looked quite organised and was also a threat from set pieces.

It was however, only Chelsea reserves and they created a good number of chances, so imagine if it was their first team we were up against.

Credit where it is due - he played very well and deserves the praise. I am not sure he is ready for Prem action yet, but he is moving in the right direction, so if RH is thinking to introduce him, then a team such as Watford, might be the ideal opposition to do it against. (late in the 2nd half !!)

TimSaint

Lyanco on 20:24 - Oct 28 with 950 viewskernow

He looks like a defender. Ugly and orrible! That's a compliment btw.
Lyanco on 20:30 - Oct 28 with 937 viewsBerber

Lyanco on 17:53 - Oct 28 by TimSaint

Bednarek has not been himself, performance wise, this season. Something seems to be missing. He doesn't seem to be as sharp as usual. Perhaps he needs a rest, or a good kick up the arse !!

Lyanco played well v Chelsea. He is clearly getting better as he adapts to the English game. Sure he got pelters for his mistake at Sheff Utd, but being honest, it was no different from the those we regularly see from the likes of Bed, Stephens and McCarthy. He showed a good turn of pace, looked quite organised and was also a threat from set pieces.

It was however, only Chelsea reserves and they created a good number of chances, so imagine if it was their first team we were up against.

Credit where it is due - he played very well and deserves the praise. I am not sure he is ready for Prem action yet, but he is moving in the right direction, so if RH is thinking to introduce him, then a team such as Watford, might be the ideal opposition to do it against. (late in the 2nd half !!)

I just wish that Bednarek could produce his Poland team form for us a bit more often. Clearly it is attitude.
Lyanco on 21:01 - Oct 28 with 921 viewsDorsetIan

Bednarek is not perfect, but he’s been one of our most consistent players over a number of seasons when the wheels have been falling off elsewhere.

It maybe that it’s just taking him a bit of time to get used to playing in between Livramento and Salisu, or maybe - as they‘ve both been impressing - he doesn’t get noticed, but I wouldn’t be dropping him for Lyanco.

Fair enough if he needs a rest, but Lyanco really had something to prove on Tuesday night and I doubt he will always be playing in the gear.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Lyanco on 22:42 - Oct 28 with 855 viewsA1079

Dorsetlan has a point. Bednarek has been our rock at times but I will admit, he has never quite been the same since that infamous 9-0 beating at Man Utd. I don't believe he has an attitude problem but I don't think his confidence is what it was. Hopefully he will get it back. I am not saying Lyanco should not be given a chance but I am not giving up on Bednarek yet. If he can do it for Poland he can do it again for us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024