Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... 16:18 - Mar 15 with 3369 views1885_SFC

oh such joy

Old School is Cool

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 15:01 - Aug 19 with 521 viewshedgeend61

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 13:32 - Aug 19 by ElijahK

You say he got it wrong, but as much as I’m no major fan of Mike Dean, I’d even say that he had a fair enough reason/right to not send Taylor to the monitor. But even then, the supposed mistake he’s made ain’t like many of the ones he’s had in the past where it’s been written in stone and there for everyone to see.
As like he said the first goal was completely right and the second one is still debatable, so as that’s the case it’s not really a mistake if it’s debatable, as both sides have points. As yeah it probably would’ve been best that he did send Taylor to the monitor as then he’ll have written off any arguments to him messing up, and it would be completely down to Taylor, but even as he didn’t I wouldn’t necessarily call that a major mistake. As it would’ve had to have been a red for him to be able to intervene and many still don’t think it is.

As yeah I do agree that Mike Dean shouldn’t have been a SG1 referee for anywhere near as long as he did, and should’ve retired rather than doing VAR duties, but I don’t think this incident is the best one to use when proving that or criticising him.

https://www.facebook.com/100082241470688/posts/pfbid0DYfX8bUcf5P3RbZoTScKnZ736Lp

The point is (using your picture where's there's no Chelsea defender in front of Richlarson) Mendy saves that shot from about 24 yards from PH every day of the year without Richlarson there.
Anyone not agree?

The fact is Richlarson, stood 18 yards out could deflect the ball either side of Mendy (who's not to know wether he's on/offside) so can't react to PH shot till it's past Richlarson.
Never in a million years does Mendy let that in from 24 yards without him stood there.
Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 19:13 - Aug 19 with 417 viewsElijahK

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 15:01 - Aug 19 by hedgeend61

https://www.facebook.com/100082241470688/posts/pfbid0DYfX8bUcf5P3RbZoTScKnZ736Lp

The point is (using your picture where's there's no Chelsea defender in front of Richlarson) Mendy saves that shot from about 24 yards from PH every day of the year without Richlarson there.
Anyone not agree?

The fact is Richlarson, stood 18 yards out could deflect the ball either side of Mendy (who's not to know wether he's on/offside) so can't react to PH shot till it's past Richlarson.
Never in a million years does Mendy let that in from 24 yards without him stood there.

Ok and does that matter in the LOTG… no it doesn’t! Which is exactly why Dean said in his article that he’s never offside as under the current LOTG he’s not obstructing Mendy’s view and didn’t intervene with play.
As I get why you think he should be classified as offside, but under the current LOTG that’s not the case, as yeah he MIGHT intervene with play, which may be a factor in Mendy’s mentality when going to save the shot, but right now (and until the LOTG change) it’s irrelevant as he’s onside whether you and all the Chelsea moaners like it or not.
So if your still not happy with that, then blame the lawmakers, not the officials as the law makers are the ones that have the final say in situations like that.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 21:12 - Aug 19 with 372 viewscocklebreath

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 19:13 - Aug 19 by ElijahK

Ok and does that matter in the LOTG… no it doesn’t! Which is exactly why Dean said in his article that he’s never offside as under the current LOTG he’s not obstructing Mendy’s view and didn’t intervene with play.
As I get why you think he should be classified as offside, but under the current LOTG that’s not the case, as yeah he MIGHT intervene with play, which may be a factor in Mendy’s mentality when going to save the shot, but right now (and until the LOTG change) it’s irrelevant as he’s onside whether you and all the Chelsea moaners like it or not.
So if your still not happy with that, then blame the lawmakers, not the officials as the law makers are the ones that have the final say in situations like that.

When’s Dembele signing you massive bore?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 23:10 - Aug 19 with 315 viewsElijahK

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 21:12 - Aug 19 by cocklebreath

When’s Dembele signing you massive bore?

I dunno, when are you going to stop being soo arrogant and annoying?
(As if it’s anything like the Dembele deal, well it doesn’t seem like it’s happening anytime soon!)

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024