Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who wants Ralph next season? 16:43 - May 7 with 7570 viewssaint68

It's a fukin massive NO from me

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Who wants Ralph next season? on 07:37 - May 12 with 1152 viewssaintwizzler

Who wants Ralph next season? on 07:20 - May 12 by Buggalugs

You forgot “away fans in the Northam kop”

Oh yes the old
‘When are the away fans being moved’

The away fans were there when we got to a cup FINAL and played in Europe under Koeman and Puel.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Who wants Ralph next season? on 07:44 - May 12 with 1138 viewsBuggalugs

Who wants Ralph next season? on 07:37 - May 12 by saintwizzler

Oh yes the old

The away fans were there when we got to a cup FINAL and played in Europe under Koeman and Puel.

Costs us 12-15 points a season pal

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Who wants Ralph next season? on 09:24 - May 12 with 1066 viewssaints__fan__73

Who wants Ralph next season? on 07:37 - May 12 by saintwizzler

Oh yes the old

Played in Europe under Puel due to Koeman, yes?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Who wants Ralph next season? on 09:34 - May 12 with 1048 viewsBuggalugs

Who wants Ralph next season? on 09:24 - May 12 by saints__fan__73

Played in Europe under Puel due to Koeman, yes?

Yep and Puel then prioritised Premier League games over the likes of Hull and Burnley to European nights against Inter Milan and Sparta Prague.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Who wants Ralph next season? on 09:42 - May 12 with 1044 viewssaint901

I'm with the group that says RH has done what he can with the squad he has and has performed no better and no worse than our players and resources allow.

I worry that moving him on now will derail the project he is running (look at the U18s) which I'm sure he hopes will produce a crop of players over the next season or two to augment some of the aging legs and lack of quality in the first team.

I worry that moving him on means a new manager who is inexperienced in PL terms or is a wunderkind of Europe who sees us as a stepping stone to "bigger" things. That does not bring stability to the club.

I hope he looks to bring in some additional coaching help which will focus on two key features. First an ability to alter tactics more quickly if the selected game plan is failing. One of his failings is a stubborn resistance to doing that. Second, the ability to identify which subs are needed and when and then act.

I don't understand those who think that if RH had gone in 2021, we would be high in the table. If we had beaten Brighton, Wolves, Burnley at our place we'd be 7 points better off and 9th. We would have needed another 11/12 points to breach the top ranks and I just don't see this team doing that, regardless of manager.

I hope RH gets some help (transfer funds, coaches, player commitment) and that the results improve next season.

I'm realistic to know that we are an average team in PL terms and that finishing between 9th and 16th is our lot. I do not think that a superstar manager (who would move us to the top of the managers salary table) would be able to do much more with what we have in terms of players.

For me, RH stays until or unless we have a 'mare in the run up to the World Cup break later this year.
Who wants Ralph next season? on 10:02 - May 12 with 1010 viewssaints__fan__73

It's all very well saying replace the manager but what manager better than RH would want to come to us?

We'd be looking around the level of managers like Pellegrino again.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Who wants Ralph next season? on 12:30 - May 12 with 881 viewsMytchettSaint

Who wants Ralph next season? on 09:42 - May 12 by saint901

I'm with the group that says RH has done what he can with the squad he has and has performed no better and no worse than our players and resources allow.

I worry that moving him on now will derail the project he is running (look at the U18s) which I'm sure he hopes will produce a crop of players over the next season or two to augment some of the aging legs and lack of quality in the first team.

I worry that moving him on means a new manager who is inexperienced in PL terms or is a wunderkind of Europe who sees us as a stepping stone to "bigger" things. That does not bring stability to the club.

I hope he looks to bring in some additional coaching help which will focus on two key features. First an ability to alter tactics more quickly if the selected game plan is failing. One of his failings is a stubborn resistance to doing that. Second, the ability to identify which subs are needed and when and then act.

I don't understand those who think that if RH had gone in 2021, we would be high in the table. If we had beaten Brighton, Wolves, Burnley at our place we'd be 7 points better off and 9th. We would have needed another 11/12 points to breach the top ranks and I just don't see this team doing that, regardless of manager.

I hope RH gets some help (transfer funds, coaches, player commitment) and that the results improve next season.

I'm realistic to know that we are an average team in PL terms and that finishing between 9th and 16th is our lot. I do not think that a superstar manager (who would move us to the top of the managers salary table) would be able to do much more with what we have in terms of players.

For me, RH stays until or unless we have a 'mare in the run up to the World Cup break later this year.

Ah here we go, the old “I’m realistic enough to know we’re an average premier league team” argument that makes people who think it’s time for Ralph to move on, appear to you as deluded glory hunters whose expectations are that Saints should be duelling it out at the top of the table come the business end of the season nonsense.

Message for you, we don’t.

My expectations would be exactly the same as yours.

I just think with a less blinkered fella in charge, perhaps, just perhaps, we might see a stop to these shocking/record breaking losses runs in form.

I hear how good Ralph is at getting these players to play a tune for 10 games a season. How about looking at it from the perspective that, if these players can deliver that level under Ralph, how well might we do with a bloke who has more than one plan?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Who wants Ralph next season? on 14:57 - May 12 with 802 viewssaint901

Thanks for the response Mr Mychett

I suppose it really comes down to why do we watch the Saints?

For me it's about a team I've supported for close on 60 years through good times and bad.

I've also come to realise that the PL is now three leagues. There's the rich clubs. There's the yoyo clubs. There's everything else. And like it or not that's where we are - "everything else".

I want the club to find a golden generation of young players who we play and win something with. The hard economics of football however say that these players will not stay with us. They will go to the rich league. No matter who our manager is.

We are a few years off that situation. Probably never get there.

So changing a manager who is unlikely - over three years - to do much better than RH with the same squad or resources, makes no sense. (To me).

Look at the noise around the Marsch chap at Leeds. Arrived, few good results, injuries to key players and now in a relegation battle.

ONLY if RH had lost the confidence of the players would I consider moving him on at this time. I see no evidence of that. Even when playing poorly or getting hammered we see the players sticking to the plan and changing when the plan changes. RH's biggest issue is a stubborness that the opening tactical plan has to adhered to regardless of circumstance. That does need to change.
Login to get fewer ads

Who wants Ralph next season? on 16:11 - May 12 with 755 viewsPoirot

Not really up for debate in my eyes as the evidence is all there to see. Another season of 60+ goals being let in. The majority of games the players are not organised in anyway. The formation is a busted flush, hence why we concede so many goals. The basics in football, like marking players is the worst ive seen. Ralph is one problem, but going by what we see on match days the 'coaches' need replacing as well.

How can players get motivation, if the manager is saying he will retire at the end of the contract ? He seems only here for the money now.
Who wants Ralph next season? on 18:04 - May 12 with 702 viewsElijahK

Who wants Ralph next season? on 07:35 - May 12 by Ron11

I'm sure some of those ex professionals would get pissed off with having a good run of form and then finding themselves benched, being taken off for no apparent reason, played out of position or even sitting on the bench watching your opposite number let in one goal after another and distribute the ball to the opposition eight times out of ten.

And who is it who had an “amazing run of form” yet got benched by Ralph this season?

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024