Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who wants Ralph next season? 16:43 - May 7 with 7670 viewssaint68

It's a fukin massive NO from me

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:21 - May 8 with 1814 viewsButty101

Who wants Ralph next season? on 10:21 - May 8 by ElijahK

Yeah exactly, as for every great record he’s set (some of the best runs we’ve been on, going top of the league for the first time, actually challenging the top teams once again etc), he’s also set rubbish ones (like some of the worst runs we’ve been on, loosing 9-0 twice, loosing against some of the worst teams in the league etc), which is just summed up by how from December to like February we had like 8 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses, but now are practically on the opposite run with like 9 losses 2 draws and 1 win.
As if those results were all mixed up (as in we’d not had an amazing or a poor run) then no where near as many would be calling for his head, but of course when you loose soo many soo consistently is bound to happen.
But it doesn’t help when non of your recognised strikers have scored any goals since West Ham/Norwich back in the end/start of Feb/March, as well as defenders being soo poor and making mistakes far too often

We have been top before !

6 or 7th best paid manager and 12th biggest wage bill warrants better than 15th. The only question is can we now afford to sack him

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:23 - May 8 with 1810 viewsElijahK

Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:20 - May 8 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

To be honest, the two 9-0's were absolutely hilarious. He's given pompey fans some of the best giggles we have had for ages.

But, despte that, get rid of him, and the chances of you getting a better win percentage with the money you spend is possible, but unlikely.

So was the great night out when we beat you lot 4-0, as nights like that are certainly, but that’s the thing, for every shite thing he’s done, he’s also done something great. And if you remove the shite things he’s done, then he’s been amazing, yet if you remove the heat things, then he’s been abysmal, but if you keep them both in the argument then he’s just been average

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:27 - May 8 with 1795 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:23 - May 8 by ElijahK

So was the great night out when we beat you lot 4-0, as nights like that are certainly, but that’s the thing, for every shite thing he’s done, he’s also done something great. And if you remove the shite things he’s done, then he’s been amazing, yet if you remove the heat things, then he’s been abysmal, but if you keep them both in the argument then he’s just been average

You had a great academy for some time. Has the manager got the same level of youngsters coming through as his predecessors? If not, he has done pretty well.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:29 - May 8 with 1796 viewsElijahK

Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:21 - May 8 by Butty101

We have been top before !

6 or 7th best paid manager and 12th biggest wage bill warrants better than 15th. The only question is can we now afford to sack him

Well I dunno where you got that from as most have him as 9th, and that’s mainly due to how often other teams are changing their managers, meaning that (with the exception of the “top 6”) they’re not gonna be giving them ridiculous wages as they’re still yet to prove/show that they can do well at their club.

Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:32 - May 8 with 1791 viewsElijahK

Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:27 - May 8 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

You had a great academy for some time. Has the manager got the same level of youngsters coming through as his predecessors? If not, he has done pretty well.

No, although he’s also changed the academy setup, which has meant that our U18 have had a massive improving making the final of the PL U18’s, as well as many academy teams performing a lot better. But for the players coming through, since Ralph’s been here we’ve had Tella, Valery, Obafemi, Jankewitz, Smallbone and that’s about it. And outta those 5 lads, only 1 looks like he could actually be a decent enough player, with 2 being maybe bench warmers and the other 2 were definitely championship level.

Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:37 - May 8 with 1766 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:32 - May 8 by ElijahK

No, although he’s also changed the academy setup, which has meant that our U18 have had a massive improving making the final of the PL U18’s, as well as many academy teams performing a lot better. But for the players coming through, since Ralph’s been here we’ve had Tella, Valery, Obafemi, Jankewitz, Smallbone and that’s about it. And outta those 5 lads, only 1 looks like he could actually be a decent enough player, with 2 being maybe bench warmers and the other 2 were definitely championship level.

and this is the bit that most of your fans don't get.

You had a very good academy, but now many of the other clubs have caught up/ are catching up, and now you are seeing the results, ie no more complete Soton dominance. A situation predicted by yours truly on this site some time ago.

I can only see Brighton now getting stronger, and they will be the club setting the standards for some time.
[Post edited 8 May 2022 11:41]

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:38 - May 8 with 1771 viewsNumber_58

The stupid thing is, when we get on a good run we look amazing, but when things start going wrong we're absolutely wretched. And there seems to be very little in between, and no trigger for it, or no way of knowing when it's going to happen. I know all clubs endure the same thing from time to time, but very few go to the extremes we do during a season. I'd get a half season ticket if I knew which fu*king half we were going to be good in.
Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:41 - May 8 with 1761 viewsMytchettSaint

Who wants Ralph next season? on 10:15 - May 8 by ElijahK

What? Sorry that I’m actually realistic and can see us ending up with yet another Pellingrino/Hughes, who this time does end up getting us relegated. As yeah we’ve had a few close ones with Ralph, but no where near the same levels as we did under those 2, and seeing how we’re realistically where we should roughly be, realise that we won’t be soing much better under any other manger that we can actually get

Why is the default setting always “well, we will end up with another Pellegrino or Hughes”?

Why not have a bit of faith that we’ll get someone in who can address the issues Ralph suffers from tactically? Why does it always have to be the mindset that Southampton shouldn’t try to improve their lot? Why are you always talking the club down and Ralph up?

Let’s see what the new owners with a summer to deal in and perhaps a new manager can lead to. I don’t think for a minute we’ll be suddenly challenging for Europe but by god this nonsense has to stop. Not addressing the coaching issues would be reckless on the part of the club.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Login to get fewer ads

Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:57 - May 8 with 1721 viewsdwayne_dibley

To be honest, the two 9-0's were absolutely hilarious. He's given pompey fans some of the best giggles we have had for ages.

But, despte that, get rid of him, and the chances of you getting a better win percentage with the money you spend is possible, but unlikely.

will you enjoy the Championship next season?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Who wants Ralph next season? on 12:03 - May 8 with 1704 viewsdirk_doone

Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:32 - May 8 by ElijahK

Pity Ralph didn't bring Tyler Dibling off the bench yesterday. He's supposed to be the next big thing. Hopefully, he'll get at least a few minutes on the pitch for the first team before the end of the season.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10790545/Southampton-boss-Ral

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Who wants Ralph next season? on 12:14 - May 8 with 1689 viewssaint22

Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:23 - May 8 by ElijahK

Who wants average ffs??
Who wants Ralph next season? on 13:09 - May 8 with 1630 viewscocklebreath

Who wants Ralph next season? on 11:37 - May 8 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

and this is the bit that most of your fans don't get.

You had a very good academy, but now many of the other clubs have caught up/ are catching up, and now you are seeing the results, ie no more complete Soton dominance. A situation predicted by yours truly on this site some time ago.

I can only see Brighton now getting stronger, and they will be the club setting the standards for some time.
[Post edited 8 May 2022 11:41]

The academy is fine, some cracking players coming through, the problem is Ralph has one way of playing and that way had been worked out. Btw no academy has much hope in the south when Chelsea trawl the kids game pick up and throw away left right and centre.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Who wants Ralph next season? on 13:19 - May 8 with 1607 viewspjt50

Who wants Ralph next season? on 12:14 - May 8 by saint22

Who wants average ffs??

We may not want it but average is what we are. In PL terms we're a middling club with a middling ground and a middling team. Are we going to win a cup or finish in the top 7 whoever the manager is? Almost certainly not.

Given a good run we could maybe finish a handful of places higher but I just don't get the idea that we're somehow massively underachieving.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Who wants Ralph next season? on 14:53 - May 8 with 1539 viewsfelly1

It's a yes from me!.. A few new signings and then at least till End of Nov /Xmas. We're absolutely terrible at the moment and he along with the players deserves criticism. Ultimately for me it's a squad that just isn't very good at this level and every season Ralph has got them firing on all cylinders for a few months and we pick up enough points to stay up. Appreciate this doesn't exactly excite the fan base but it's sadly the reality a small Prem club with limited income can expect. In my opinion another manager dealing with this bunch of players will take us down.
Who wants Ralph next season? on 18:27 - May 8 with 1407 viewsElijahK

Who wants Ralph next season? on 14:53 - May 8 by felly1

It's a yes from me!.. A few new signings and then at least till End of Nov /Xmas. We're absolutely terrible at the moment and he along with the players deserves criticism. Ultimately for me it's a squad that just isn't very good at this level and every season Ralph has got them firing on all cylinders for a few months and we pick up enough points to stay up. Appreciate this doesn't exactly excite the fan base but it's sadly the reality a small Prem club with limited income can expect. In my opinion another manager dealing with this bunch of players will take us down.

Exactly

Who wants Ralph next season? on 18:30 - May 8 with 1401 viewsElijahK

Who wants Ralph next season? on 12:14 - May 8 by saint22

Who wants average ffs??

Not many saints fans I’m sure, but at the end of the day, we are an average (if not slightly below average) PL team, meaning that we’re gonna be finishing how they all do (aka mid table with no real excitement). And until the investment/money/way modern football works, changes, then that’ll be how it is no matter who’s in charge, as yeah we may get the odd odd above average season (like 10th-8th) and some below (17th-15th) but in the end we won’t get any higher until those main things change

Who wants Ralph next season? on 08:57 - May 9 with 1285 viewsBenali_Saint

I like Ralph, he seems a decent guy and i wanted him to be a success.
But its time for him to go. I'm sick of the shit served up every week. Something needs to change.
Who wants Ralph next season? on 09:01 - May 9 with 1267 viewsMytchettSaint

Today has got to be the day if he’s off. If not he’s here next season by the looks of it.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Who wants Ralph next season? on 09:17 - May 9 with 1241 viewssaintwizzler

Who wants Ralph next season? on 09:01 - May 9 by MytchettSaint

Today has got to be the day if he’s off. If not he’s here next season by the looks of it.

He’s going nowhere unless we are relegated, which we won’t be by the skin of our teeth.
Hassenhüttl marches on!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Who wants Ralph next season? on 23:01 - May 11 with 1034 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news

Many ex professionals supporting Ralph and slamming our fans. Can we really expect much more than what we are getting when we don't invest in the team? I don't know the answer to that question, just that things could be a lot worse. Is it worth the gamble? Again, I don't know the answer but the supportive views from ex professionals are probably worth listening to.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Who wants Ralph next season? on 23:29 - May 11 with 1015 viewsericofarabia

Bloody Hell ..... one of the most reasoned replies comes from Mr 130
Who wants Ralph next season? on 23:48 - May 11 with 995 viewsericofarabia

Who wants Ralph next season? on 13:09 - May 8 by cocklebreath

The academy is fine, some cracking players coming through, the problem is Ralph has one way of playing and that way had been worked out. Btw no academy has much hope in the south when Chelsea trawl the kids game pick up and throw away left right and centre.

Factor in if you are looking at the academy sides, most of the u23s players were here before Ralph arrived .... the u18s, after a shaky start this season with a change of manager etc, have won the Southern Table and play Man City for the National Title. We had a 16 yr old on the bench Saturday., ok a token nod to his hat trick exploits but we seem to be getting back on track, and also raided other clubs to get the guy from Everton and Simeu and Tino from Chelsea to supplement what was in place. There is a plan in place from the bottom upwards and its along the lines the owners were doing at Brentford. I would be surprised to see Ralph go, but maybe a few of the coaching and staff Rapl'hs No2 may be changed.

For me, thats what he needs most ... a competent No 2 to bounce ideas around with, rather than the solitary touchline figure we often see when things aren't going great.
Who wants Ralph next season? on 06:59 - May 12 with 941 viewssaintwizzler

Who wants Ralph next season? on 23:48 - May 11 by ericofarabia

Factor in if you are looking at the academy sides, most of the u23s players were here before Ralph arrived .... the u18s, after a shaky start this season with a change of manager etc, have won the Southern Table and play Man City for the National Title. We had a 16 yr old on the bench Saturday., ok a token nod to his hat trick exploits but we seem to be getting back on track, and also raided other clubs to get the guy from Everton and Simeu and Tino from Chelsea to supplement what was in place. There is a plan in place from the bottom upwards and its along the lines the owners were doing at Brentford. I would be surprised to see Ralph go, but maybe a few of the coaching and staff Rapl'hs No2 may be changed.

For me, thats what he needs most ... a competent No 2 to bounce ideas around with, rather than the solitary touchline figure we often see when things aren't going great.

Doesn’t the manager bring his own backroom staff in with him?
And when one leaves, Röhl, replace him?

The amount of excuses we’ve had for the erratic (let’s call it) form since we beat Liverpool is amazing…

Injuries
Covid
Players
VAR
Referees
The owner not investing
Now it’s the coaching staff not being good enough
The list goes on…

Finally now questions are being asked of the manager and the supporters at the game telling Hassenhüttl “you don’t know what your doing.”

The club have stuck by the him and credit to them.
It looks like he is staying for next season.
So it’s time to stop the excuses
Stop the baffling team selections
Pick a formation that suits the players you have available
Start with the strongest team available
Get a replacement in for Danny Röhl instead of a bloke who sits on his arse looking bored

It looks like ‘the right owners’ (as Semmens waited for) are not going to chuck big bucks in so good luck Hassenhüttl

It’s over to you…

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Who wants Ralph next season? on 07:20 - May 12 with 925 viewsBuggalugs

Who wants Ralph next season? on 06:59 - May 12 by saintwizzler

Doesn’t the manager bring his own backroom staff in with him?
And when one leaves, Röhl, replace him?

The amount of excuses we’ve had for the erratic (let’s call it) form since we beat Liverpool is amazing…

Injuries
Covid
Players
VAR
Referees
The owner not investing
Now it’s the coaching staff not being good enough
The list goes on…

Finally now questions are being asked of the manager and the supporters at the game telling Hassenhüttl “you don’t know what your doing.”

The club have stuck by the him and credit to them.
It looks like he is staying for next season.
So it’s time to stop the excuses
Stop the baffling team selections
Pick a formation that suits the players you have available
Start with the strongest team available
Get a replacement in for Danny Röhl instead of a bloke who sits on his arse looking bored

It looks like ‘the right owners’ (as Semmens waited for) are not going to chuck big bucks in so good luck Hassenhüttl

It’s over to you…

You forgot “away fans in the Northam kop”

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Who wants Ralph next season? on 07:35 - May 12 with 910 viewsRon11

Who wants Ralph next season? on 23:01 - May 11 by Saintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news

Many ex professionals supporting Ralph and slamming our fans. Can we really expect much more than what we are getting when we don't invest in the team? I don't know the answer to that question, just that things could be a lot worse. Is it worth the gamble? Again, I don't know the answer but the supportive views from ex professionals are probably worth listening to.

I'm sure some of those ex professionals would get pissed off with having a good run of form and then finding themselves benched, being taken off for no apparent reason, played out of position or even sitting on the bench watching your opposite number let in one goal after another and distribute the ball to the opposition eight times out of ten.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024