Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing JWP ... 21:57 - Aug 20 with 2503 viewsdarthvader

In that other shirt , assisting 2 goals ,playing well ...makes me feel more than a little bit sick tbh .... Then hearing all the pundits wan.kin g over him now hes at a "big" club . ... He will be playing for England again soon .

I dont hold it against him for moving ,,,but to West Ham !?! Makes me even more sickier ... They got a bargain

keep the faith coyr

Seeing JWP ... on 22:05 - Aug 20 with 2465 viewsBuggalugs

I wonder what I_Would made of his motm performance today and whether he’s found a West Ham forum to offer his thoughts..

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Seeing JWP ... on 22:27 - Aug 20 with 2407 viewsChesham_Saint

Yes, sad. But pleased for him as a person.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Seeing JWP ... on 00:03 - Aug 21 with 2331 viewsSouthamptonfan

It's sad because as he said, there were a lot of players around him who didn't have the standards that he has. Lazy, good for nothing players who didn't have his standards. A big shame, but we will see him in the PL next season.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Seeing JWP ... on 12:18 - Aug 21 with 2078 viewsGRIM

Seeing JWP ... on 00:03 - Aug 21 by Southamptonfan

It's sad because as he said, there were a lot of players around him who didn't have the standards that he has. Lazy, good for nothing players who didn't have his standards. A big shame, but we will see him in the PL next season.

Seeing JWP run out in the Claret & Blue shirt just didn't look right.
But he slotted into the Hammers team seamlessly with his usual efficiency.
He's not lost the habit of wiping his nose & flicking his hair but I for one wish him well.
Just hope he doesn't end up back in Championship with the Hammers next season, that would be ironic, especially if we swap places with them in Premier lge.
Seeing JWP ... on 12:20 - Aug 21 with 2074 viewssaint901

He's a good player in a team which is better than we were last season.

There are those here who disagree about his quality but in the dog days of January/February next year, we will feel the loss of that quality.
Seeing JWP ... on 12:55 - Aug 21 with 2035 viewsChesham_Saint

Seeing JWP ... on 00:03 - Aug 21 by Southamptonfan

Let's see how many W Ham fans turn into 'I_Woulds'.

Not any at the moment I bet.

Seeing JWP ... on 13:17 - Aug 21 with 2008 viewsdirk_doone

It looks like the move to West Ham has turned out well. It was always going to be interesting to see how he performed in a different team. I'm pleased for him.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Seeing JWP ... on 15:41 - Aug 21 with 1920 viewsLondonSaint76

Seeing JWP ... on 12:18 - Aug 21 by GRIM

Seeing JWP run out in the Claret & Blue shirt just didn't look right.
But he slotted into the Hammers team seamlessly with his usual efficiency.
He's not lost the habit of wiping his nose & flicking his hair but I for one wish him well.
Just hope he doesn't end up back in Championship with the Hammers next season, that would be ironic, especially if we swap places with them in Premier lge.

If he does end up back in the Champoinship and we go back up I am pretty sure he’d push for a move back to his real home. An even worse scenario would be if Wet Spam do struggle because Moyes has already said he will walk if things turn toxic, this could potentially see JWP cast into the wilderness as it was clear the new DoF really didn’t want him there, it was 100% Moyes pushing hard and insisting that the deal was done. That would be such a waste. I hope he does well and wish him all the best but would love to see him come back one day if we do get back up.
Agree 100% with you, seeing him in claret & blue does not look right. Also noticed the trademark mannerisms are the same - one thing I am wondering about is what he will do when he scores, I wonder if the golf swing celebration will survive the move? One thing I did notice was when he was subbed off near the end he left to a hearty standing ovation from the Hammers fans but his acknowledgment was very low key in response to them. Maybe I’m reading too much into it…

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Login to get fewer ads

Seeing JWP ... on 22:21 - Aug 21 with 1781 viewsChesham_Saint

Seeing JWP ... on 15:41 - Aug 21 by LondonSaint76

If he does end up back in the Champoinship and we go back up I am pretty sure he’d push for a move back to his real home. An even worse scenario would be if Wet Spam do struggle because Moyes has already said he will walk if things turn toxic, this could potentially see JWP cast into the wilderness as it was clear the new DoF really didn’t want him there, it was 100% Moyes pushing hard and insisting that the deal was done. That would be such a waste. I hope he does well and wish him all the best but would love to see him come back one day if we do get back up.
Agree 100% with you, seeing him in claret & blue does not look right. Also noticed the trademark mannerisms are the same - one thing I am wondering about is what he will do when he scores, I wonder if the golf swing celebration will survive the move? One thing I did notice was when he was subbed off near the end he left to a hearty standing ovation from the Hammers fans but his acknowledgment was very low key in response to them. Maybe I’m reading too much into it…

Living most of the time in Essex (which is about 75% West Ham) and passing their training ground and stadium most days, this is tough for me. I actually don’t mind West Ham (well, compared to Tottenham anyway) and I wish JWP all the best, but it would be sweet if we swapped places and he came back…

Seeing JWP ... on 03:14 - Aug 22 with 1734 viewsRipleys_revenge

Weirdly I’m not too bothered about it. Big fan of JWPs and of everything he did for us, but as a player excluding the free kicks was he really all that good? Can’t fault his commitment and, again, probably the best set piece taker in the world BUT I genuinely feel his mobility has never been that great, nor did he ever really provide rock solid midfield cover in the way Romeu did.

Again let me stress - I love jwp but don’t think as a midfielder he is that big a miss. Losing Romeu was more costly for us and there might even be space in our team now for a more dynamic, mobile central midfield.
Seeing JWP ... on 21:10 - Aug 22 with 1613 viewsSouthamptonfan

Seeing JWP ... on 03:14 - Aug 22 by Ripleys_revenge

Weirdly I’m not too bothered about it. Big fan of JWPs and of everything he did for us, but as a player excluding the free kicks was he really all that good? Can’t fault his commitment and, again, probably the best set piece taker in the world BUT I genuinely feel his mobility has never been that great, nor did he ever really provide rock solid midfield cover in the way Romeu did.

Again let me stress - I love jwp but don’t think as a midfielder he is that big a miss. Losing Romeu was more costly for us and there might even be space in our team now for a more dynamic, mobile central midfield.

He's a good player and I wish him well. But we will be fine without him..

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Seeing JWP ... on 08:34 - Aug 23 with 1492 viewsNumber_58

It was interesting reading a few "Why didn't he take corners like that for us?" comments on social media. Well, for the majority of the time he did take corners like that for us. Unfortunately, for exactly the same reasons we conceded soft goals from corners and free kicks, there was rarely if ever anyone actually willing to stick their head in where it hurts.
Seeing JWP ... on 17:08 - Aug 23 with 1408 viewscocklebreath

Guaranteed to get in next England squad, Southgate is lame. My son plays FIFA a bit and told me his ratings gone through the roof since he left, little old saints

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Seeing JWP ... on 21:42 - Aug 23 with 1359 viewsGRIM

Seeing JWP ... on 08:34 - Aug 23 by Number_58

It was interesting reading a few "Why didn't he take corners like that for us?" comments on social media. Well, for the majority of the time he did take corners like that for us. Unfortunately, for exactly the same reasons we conceded soft goals from corners and free kicks, there was rarely if ever anyone actually willing to stick their head in where it hurts.

More to the point his assist for Antonio's goal, I can't recollect him ever playing a ball over top for our forwards to get on the end of.
Everything he did was sideways & backwards, he was very reluctant to play a forward pass, possibly it was because he was Captain & he wanted to keep everything simple & not take chances.
Not being Captain for the Hammers gives him less responsibility & more freedom to express himself.
Or perhaps the ball to Antonio was not intentional & more of a hit & hope.
Seeing JWP ... on 11:17 - Aug 24 with 1304 viewsSFC_Referee

Seeing JWP ... on 21:42 - Aug 23 by GRIM

More to the point his assist for Antonio's goal, I can't recollect him ever playing a ball over top for our forwards to get on the end of.
Everything he did was sideways & backwards, he was very reluctant to play a forward pass, possibly it was because he was Captain & he wanted to keep everything simple & not take chances.
Not being Captain for the Hammers gives him less responsibility & more freedom to express himself.
Or perhaps the ball to Antonio was not intentional & more of a hit & hope.

I think it’s more rather down to tactics, as I remember previously on here many were saying how he should give him more freedom and space to go up front a bit more like Southgate did in the few games he’s gotten for England under him. But we just never really saw it mount to much, as him and Lavia were always played in those holding midfielder roles and therefore didn’t have the freedom and and it wasn’t within their role to do those sorts through balls and attack as much, whilst passing around sideways or backwards until any gaps opened up, was the sorta thing they were told to do

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024