Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict 10:05 - Sep 18 with 1796 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60872/southampton-v-leic

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 11:04 - Sep 18 with 1682 viewssaintwizzler

The way the team is set up is all wrong.
The Full Backs are always too far up field leaving the Centre Backs woefully exposed.
The only half decent Defensive Midfielder we have in Charles was playing Centre Back due to Bednarek’s injury whilst Holgate was on the bench.
The bright spark in the first half, Edozie, was replaced by Sulemana at halftime who proceeded to gift Leicester their 4th goal and then got sent off (wrongly or rightly).
Adam Armstrong is not a captain.

This defeat lies at the manager’s door again for bad team selection and gung ho tactics.
It’s time to get back to basics defensively.
Manning and KWP are great going forward but not so defensively.

We need a Perraud at Left Back, with Manning in front of him.
Try Bree at Right Back with KWP at Right Midfield.
Charles in front of the Centre Backs.

Let’s have a clean sheet and stop the rot.

THIS HAS TO STOP.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 11:47 - Sep 18 with 1642 viewsIfonly

This is nothing to do with having a leader on the pitch. The players are following the manager's plan. The problem is it's just not a very good plan.

Nick focuses on the 4th goal, well look at this video and pause it at 1:21.

You can see all 20 outfield players in the frame. They are in the positions that RM would want them. He does not want players on the halfway line, he wants all his players pressing the opposition into their box.

15 seconds later, the ball is in the back of our net. A "leader" would have made no difference unless he was telling the players no to listen to the manager.
Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 12:02 - Sep 18 with 1623 viewsSonicBoom

What I can't fathom is that if the midfield is rushing forward and not looking at what they are leaving behind them, why doesn't Martin get on the touch line and let them know?

We can't keep going forward with abandon and leaving the defence exposed. Surely it should take 20 minutes to rectify that, not game after game.
Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 12:09 - Sep 18 with 1602 viewssaintwizzler

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 12:02 - Sep 18 by SonicBoom

What I can't fathom is that if the midfield is rushing forward and not looking at what they are leaving behind them, why doesn't Martin get on the touch line and let them know?

We can't keep going forward with abandon and leaving the defence exposed. Surely it should take 20 minutes to rectify that, not game after game.

Exactly.
All the set pieces are surely arranged before the game with who is staying back etc..
Is this not part of the set piece coaches job?

For a manager who was a defender he seems to have zero clue about defending.

School Boy Stuff.

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 12:26 - Sep 18 with 1575 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 12:09 - Sep 18 by saintwizzler

Exactly.
All the set pieces are surely arranged before the game with who is staying back etc..

School Boy Stuff.

Set piece training is done at the same time as the weekly game of Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide on who is captain that week.

You can’t out bluff Arma; he always goes scissors, even when you think it simply has to be paper.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 12:31 - Sep 18 with 1560 viewssledger

agree with everything thats been said about set up but also the fact is just who do you make captain,there just wasnt anyone on friday that i would want as captain and this tells you a lot about us at the moment.
Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 12:41 - Sep 18 with 1532 viewsButty101

Nick you are way off.
Every corner we had , will smallbone was the man left back and he was nearer the edge of their area than the half way line. It’s completely on the manager. If it isn’t his doing then why isn’t he getting instructions on telling the full backs to stay back. RM will do well to be here by the end of Oct. I’m guessing he’s already lost the dressing room.

And don’t start that rubbish about we are the best team etc. you said similar things last season and we came bottom by a distance.
This has been a disasterous transfer Window

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 15:36 - Sep 18 with 1353 viewssaint22

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 12:41 - Sep 18 by Butty101

Nick you are way off.
Every corner we had , will smallbone was the man left back and he was nearer the edge of their area than the half way line. It’s completely on the manager. If it isn’t his doing then why isn’t he getting instructions on telling the full backs to stay back. RM will do well to be here by the end of Oct. I’m guessing he’s already lost the dressing room.

And don’t start that rubbish about we are the best team etc. you said similar things last season and we came bottom by a distance.
This has been a disasterous transfer Window

It’s mismanagement everywhere you look
As a defender if your side has a corner there is no way all of you vanish up to the opposition box
Someone stays back
Unless told otherwise
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 16:23 - Sep 18 with 1297 viewsPaleRider

I have a confession to make – the last time I went to a Saints game was the last time we lost 4-1 to Leicester. At that game we had an ineffective goalkeeper, a porous defence, a lightweight midfield and a forward line who couldn’t hit a barn door. We also had no leadership on the pitch and a manager who would arrogantly stick to plan A, choose favourites and play players out of position. What really capped it all for me was the meek acquiescence of our fans. After that game I decided to stop going until things improved as I just went home cross and frustrated.

Fast forward 16 months. We’ve been relegated and had a merry-go round of players and managers. Other than that, what has changed? Will we’ve still got an ineffective goalkeeper, a porous defence, a lightweight midfield and a forward line who couldn’t hit a barn door. We also still have no leadership on the pitch and a manager who would arrogantly stick to plan A, choose favourites and play players out of position. The faces have changed but nothing else.

So, what’s the constant? It’s Sport Republic – in particular Kraft and Ankersen. At first glance, they remind me of the government of Liz Truss and Krazi Kwarteng – driven by flawed ideology at the expense of pragmatism and anyone other than themselves. Managers, players, staff and are all to be sacrificed on the pyre of ideology.
Looking deeper, I believe that they are more similar to Enron, which was run by people who basically thought they were cleverer than anyone else and had a game plan to fool markets and investors (the “useful idiots” who provided the funding and bought into the new approach). In some ways, I believe that Solak is a “useful idiot” who is just there to finance Kraft/Ankersen’s attempt to come up with an ideologically innovative way to disrupt football management and sell books as self-styled gurus in the area of sports management.

Enron were described as a house of cards built over a pool of gasoline and I think that is the same for Sports Republic. I believe, that their approach is doomed to failure. I hope that I am wrong but I worry that Saints are on course for League 1 for as long as these charlatans are involved. I also hate to say it but I doubt whether I’ll be back again whilst they are there because I don’t believe in throwing good money/time after bad.
Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 16:45 - Sep 18 with 1270 viewssaint22

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 16:23 - Sep 18 by PaleRider

I have a confession to make – the last time I went to a Saints game was the last time we lost 4-1 to Leicester. At that game we had an ineffective goalkeeper, a porous defence, a lightweight midfield and a forward line who couldn’t hit a barn door. We also had no leadership on the pitch and a manager who would arrogantly stick to plan A, choose favourites and play players out of position. What really capped it all for me was the meek acquiescence of our fans. After that game I decided to stop going until things improved as I just went home cross and frustrated.

Fast forward 16 months. We’ve been relegated and had a merry-go round of players and managers. Other than that, what has changed? Will we’ve still got an ineffective goalkeeper, a porous defence, a lightweight midfield and a forward line who couldn’t hit a barn door. We also still have no leadership on the pitch and a manager who would arrogantly stick to plan A, choose favourites and play players out of position. The faces have changed but nothing else.

So, what’s the constant? It’s Sport Republic – in particular Kraft and Ankersen. At first glance, they remind me of the government of Liz Truss and Krazi Kwarteng – driven by flawed ideology at the expense of pragmatism and anyone other than themselves. Managers, players, staff and are all to be sacrificed on the pyre of ideology.
Looking deeper, I believe that they are more similar to Enron, which was run by people who basically thought they were cleverer than anyone else and had a game plan to fool markets and investors (the “useful idiots” who provided the funding and bought into the new approach). In some ways, I believe that Solak is a “useful idiot” who is just there to finance Kraft/Ankersen’s attempt to come up with an ideologically innovative way to disrupt football management and sell books as self-styled gurus in the area of sports management.

Enron were described as a house of cards built over a pool of gasoline and I think that is the same for Sports Republic. I believe, that their approach is doomed to failure. I hope that I am wrong but I worry that Saints are on course for League 1 for as long as these charlatans are involved. I also hate to say it but I doubt whether I’ll be back again whilst they are there because I don’t believe in throwing good money/time after bad.

An excellent and accurate summation

Its very easy to compare our club to the tories and this country
self serving flawed leadership squandering money at the expense of its public to self serve their egos and friends
Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 17:07 - Sep 18 with 1247 viewsPatfromPoole

Nutshell.

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 17:08 - Sep 18 with 1245 viewsHeisenberg

We have the worst defensive record in the entire football league. There may be wider long term issues but the current form is all down to an inept manager who cannot send out a team that knows how to defend. 19 goals against in 7 games says it all.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 17:58 - Sep 18 with 1186 viewsSouthamptonfan

The problem is Sport Republic. This club will be destroyed by them, unless we get them out.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 18:41 - Sep 18 with 1139 viewssaintwizzler

What?

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 19:46 - Sep 18 with 1099 viewsRon11

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 18:41 - Sep 18 by saintwizzler

What?

The man's a fu ckin idiot.
Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 20:15 - Sep 18 with 1064 viewsButty101

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 19:46 - Sep 18 by Ron11

The man's a fu ckin idiot.

Martin is the new Jones - he may even be more delusional...

Martin: “Both clubs I have been at previously have had to get through a lot of pain to get where we wanted and by the end, the feeling we had with the players and the understanding they had, the results they had and the way they played was beautiful to watch.”

Im not sure the MKDONS and Swansea fans agree with him

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 20:24 - Sep 18 with 1043 viewsIanSouthstander

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 12:09 - Sep 18 by saintwizzler

Exactly.

School Boy Stuff.

We have a set piece coach ????????
Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 20:29 - Sep 18 with 1035 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 20:15 - Sep 18 by Butty101

Martin is the new Jones - he may even be more delusional...

Martin: “Both clubs I have been at previously have had to get through a lot of pain to get where we wanted and by the end, the feeling we had with the players and the understanding they had, the results they had and the way they played was beautiful to watch.”

Im not sure the MKDONS and Swansea fans agree with him

Here’s a random idea.

Why not get a manager who can turn things round pretty much straight away?

There are plenty of managers around who can do this.

He is already prepping us for the “I’m going to need 3 years to turn this around”.

It’s almost Redknapp-style “look at the shite I have been given here”…..

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 21:02 - Sep 18 with 1008 viewssaintmark1976

An exceptional summation of the problem that appertains within our club written very eloquently.

Thankfully Truss and Kwarteng have departed to the shadows of the Tory Party that currently masquerades as a functioning Government.

My concern is that unfortunately it’s going to take considerably longer for fans to see through Sports Republic than the 49 days it took the Tories to make Truss the shortest serving Prime Minister in British political history.
Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 21:47 - Sep 18 with 941 viewskingslandstand1

Southampton V Leicester City The Verdict on 17:58 - Sep 18 by Southamptonfan

The problem is Sport Republic. This club will be destroyed by them, unless we get them out.

You say "we get them out",. How? They own the club by whatever means they did and they are not going to up sticks and just walk.
They must surely realise their plans and recruiment decisions have just not worked but it's too late now, we're stuck with them and unless they totally bite the bullet and start again we're doomed I'm afraid as it seems very few, if any, have any positivity at the moment
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024