Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield utd whacked 19:29 - Sep 24 with 6590 viewsPaddyhoops

The fine line between investing too much and not investing at all exposed today.
Hammered 8 .0 by Saudis Arabia , sorry Newcastle.
Way way out of Their depth in the premier league.
We should have turned them over at home last season under Bob Crachet.
Gap gets ever wider
Sheffield utd whacked on 09:44 - Sep 25 with 1897 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sheffield utd whacked on 00:30 - Sep 25 by hamptonhillhoop

I'm now at the stage where I know very little about other teams outside of QPR. When I was younger I knew everything about every other team but now I couldn't tell you who was manager of most championship teams. Even taking that into account, I watched Chelsea tonight on motd2 and I've never heard of the vast majority of players they've paid tens of millions for

All the younguns at work are constantly talking about Premiership players I’ve never heard of and ‘banter’ each other about whatever result Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, United got that weekend. then turn to me and treat me like the mad old aunty in the corner for supporting QPR and not knowing who Garcia Grande or Mboka Nkoulou Nkola is.

They treat the early stages of European competitions as forgone conclusions and a inconvenience to the Premiership fixtures which infuriates me because I’d give my left nut to see QPR play FC Fjartskins away in the UEFA Euro VIII Cup or whatever it’s called now.

While they are all nice kids, I secretly regard them with contempt lower than dog shit on the bottom of my shoe as I scour the internet for the best deal on Plymouth train tickets.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 9:45]
Sheffield utd whacked on 10:00 - Sep 25 with 1828 viewsCamberleyR

Sheffield utd whacked on 09:28 - Sep 25 by Malintabuk

Like the vast majority of football fans I could not give a toss about other teams and what they do and how they do it... apart from the dismantling of those Sh!tes in North Battersea
The only thing about this super league is if the top 6 or 8 leave the Premier then so will sky and most likely the money that goes with it.
There will be little interest in English football and no matter how much we all hate the current hierarchy of it, the money is important to all clubs. This new deal for the championship is off the back of the Premier money and if that went then football would be more in provished that it is now in the lower leagues
Guess we all hark back to the "good old days" of when your club had a chance ..... don't think they will come back

"The only thing about this super league is if the top 6 or 8 leave the Premier then so will sky and most likely the money that goes with it"

That mightn't be such a bad thing. Somebody will still want to show top flight English football. It might mean that those clubs left will have to run their clubs more sensibly when they know there isn't a minimum guaranteed £130-140m every season and this will filter down to clubs below the PL when they won't put themselves in financial difficulty trying to chase the PL dream.

It won't happen though as UEFA are creating a European Super League in all but name with this Champions League revamp starting next season all done to pander to the likes of Real Madrid and PSG.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sheffield utd whacked on 10:02 - Sep 25 with 1823 viewsBluce_Ree

As a rule I'm generally like 'f**k Sheffield United' but I can't celebrate relegation certainties getting smashed by a Saudi money club.

I hate football a little more today than I did yesterday and yesterday I thought it was a c*nt.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Sheffield utd whacked on 10:11 - Sep 25 with 1770 viewsdaveB

this will keep happening whilst we continue with this profit and sustainability rules, just increases the gap between the 2 leagues and whoever comes down are almost nailed on to come back up again
Sheffield utd whacked on 10:16 - Sep 25 with 1747 viewsNorthantsHoop

For the last few years promoted teams appear to have a finite time in the Premier League and to remain in it they have to spend an obscene amount of money just to avoid the drop. It now seems to be the position that the gap is widening so much promoted teams are just flip flopping between the bottom of the Premier League and top of the Championship.
Sheffield utd whacked on 10:29 - Sep 25 with 1661 viewsqprxtc

Sheffield utd whacked on 00:30 - Sep 25 by hamptonhillhoop

I'm now at the stage where I know very little about other teams outside of QPR. When I was younger I knew everything about every other team but now I couldn't tell you who was manager of most championship teams. Even taking that into account, I watched Chelsea tonight on motd2 and I've never heard of the vast majority of players they've paid tens of millions for

Same here. I don’t know or care about any team apart from Rangers. And even my knowledge of us now is at an all time low.

I can tell you any score you fancy from around 72-96. I’ll struggle after that. I forgot we had got Begovic this season.

There’s so many reason that I don’t like football now. If I’d didn’t live twenty minutes walk from Rangers I’d probably give up.

Hope we stuff Coventry right up the jacksy.

You R’s!
Sheffield utd whacked on 10:29 - Sep 25 with 1662 viewsNorthernr

All three teams promoted to the Premier League for last season stayed up.

It was a particularly drek Championship in 22/23, exemplified by us staying in it!
Sheffield utd whacked on 10:52 - Sep 25 with 1586 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sheffield utd whacked on 10:29 - Sep 25 by Northernr

All three teams promoted to the Premier League for last season stayed up.

It was a particularly drek Championship in 22/23, exemplified by us staying in it!

Exactly.

There’s usually enough basket cases in the Premiership to keep newly promoted team up.

QPR 2015 was unique in that were were both a newly promoted team AND a basket case.
Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield utd whacked on 11:41 - Sep 25 with 1497 viewsJuzzie

Although 0-8 will hurt (and a record home defeat too) they're doing the right thing. Don't spunk money like we did 10 years ago (and still went down), get the debts etc down as much as possible, maybe even completely, and start 2025/25 in the Championship but as a completely solvent club. Job done.
Sheffield utd whacked on 12:01 - Sep 25 with 1442 viewsdutch

Sheffield utd whacked on 22:00 - Sep 24 by distortR

Yeah, had shit from them a couple of times, including witnessing a bloke in his 40's smack a Rangers fan who must have been about 15. Chased the bloke onto his coach, which wasn't wise.................

In over fifty years of following Rangers the only time I got bashed up was at SU. !975-76 Daphne told me on the coach beforehand it wasn't wise to wear pink peg trousers, plastic sandals and a wedge haircut to Sheffield. She was proved right when a massive steel worker type whacked me round the head with a half brick after the game. Claret everywhere. Daphne said 'I told you so'.
Sheffield utd whacked on 12:15 - Sep 25 with 1402 viewseasthertsr

Saw the thread title and thought Tony Soprano was the Blades new chairman!
Sheffield utd whacked on 12:56 - Sep 25 with 1335 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Sheffield utd whacked on 01:47 - Sep 25 by SydneyRs

Only a matter of time before clubs like Brentford and Bournemouth come back down. There's a limit to what they can do up there unless a billionaire arrives.

My next door neighbour is a Brentford season ticket holder and he thinks they'll go down this year. He said they were awful against Everton, knocking the ball around the back, not going forward. Classic second season syndrome.

Brentford are also open to selling Toney, so we may see them in a year. If we survive!
Sheffield utd whacked on 13:11 - Sep 25 with 1287 viewspaulparker

I’m glad they got stuffed , Heckingbottom is a classless tvvat and as for Robinson what a horrible git he is

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sheffield utd whacked on 13:28 - Sep 25 with 1239 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sheffield utd whacked on 11:41 - Sep 25 by Juzzie

Although 0-8 will hurt (and a record home defeat too) they're doing the right thing. Don't spunk money like we did 10 years ago (and still went down), get the debts etc down as much as possible, maybe even completely, and start 2025/25 in the Championship but as a completely solvent club. Job done.

Indeed. With the championship looking distinctly average, has there been a better time to be a yo-yo club?
Sheffield utd whacked on 14:21 - Sep 25 with 1164 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Sheffield utd whacked on 12:56 - Sep 25 by Wilkinswatercarrier

My next door neighbour is a Brentford season ticket holder and he thinks they'll go down this year. He said they were awful against Everton, knocking the ball around the back, not going forward. Classic second season syndrome.

Brentford are also open to selling Toney, so we may see them in a year. If we survive!

Except this is their third season.
Sheffield utd whacked on 14:53 - Sep 25 with 1116 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Sheffield utd whacked on 13:11 - Sep 25 by paulparker

I’m glad they got stuffed , Heckingbottom is a classless tvvat and as for Robinson what a horrible git he is

I cannot figure out why Robinson was only shown a yellow there with VAR and all the Newcastle players screaming about that tackle .I think he followed through to deliver a message myself but maybe once he was sliding the refs figured he was unable to ease up .
Trippier is a bit of a whiner at best of times but he was out of control and could have seen red himself .
SU just literally gave up .I watched Egan who is a true pro for club and country just look around and wave his arms and shrug his shoulders after another free run through and goal scored .
Sheffield utd whacked on 15:01 - Sep 25 with 1085 viewsMalintabuk

Sheffield utd whacked on 10:00 - Sep 25 by CamberleyR

"The only thing about this super league is if the top 6 or 8 leave the Premier then so will sky and most likely the money that goes with it"

That mightn't be such a bad thing. Somebody will still want to show top flight English football. It might mean that those clubs left will have to run their clubs more sensibly when they know there isn't a minimum guaranteed £130-140m every season and this will filter down to clubs below the PL when they won't put themselves in financial difficulty trying to chase the PL dream.

It won't happen though as UEFA are creating a European Super League in all but name with this Champions League revamp starting next season all done to pander to the likes of Real Madrid and PSG.

Do agree next year is the super league by stealth.
The problem is 30 years of Sky et Al have programmed clubs, especially in the premiership to the money, to have that taken away literally overnight would not be pretty
Not sure if I would agree about someone wanting the premiership if there was a breakaway.
The majority of young supporters gravitate to the bigger clubs and would there be enough of us die hards to pay to watch Sheffield United vs Wolves
Sheffield utd whacked on 15:03 - Sep 25 with 1077 viewsR_from_afar

Sheffield utd whacked on 23:35 - Sep 24 by stowmarketrange

On a brighter note.It is now Chelshite’s worst start to a season since 1978.They probably spent about £5.50 on players then and got relegated.Over £1 billion spent and hopefully the same fate this season.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Sheffield utd whacked on 15:25 - Sep 25 with 1017 viewsbosh67

Sheffield utd whacked on 20:36 - Sep 24 by Toast_R

He'll be sacked very soon. No one comes back from that.

The former Southampton manager did for a few seasons after I think to 9 nil reverses.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sheffield utd whacked on 15:58 - Sep 25 with 940 viewsTacticalR

This reminds me of Tomkinson's Schooldays where parents sent their children to the school specifically for the exclusive privilege of being bullied by Grayson the school bully.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024