Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rubialles 14:42 - Oct 30 with 876 viewsBerber

So FIFA had banned the self entitled, self serving football official for three years. Any chance Infantino will ban himself then?
Rubialles on 16:05 - Oct 30 with 822 viewssaint901

I have no sympathy (and wish it had been a longer ban).

We need to ask ourselves though whether this incident is a reflection on football, Spanish culture, male culture or simply the actions of an idiot?

It would certainly be true that football - in the UK at least - is still seen by many, especially perhaps the over 45's as a place for men to be men and do men things. The women's game has made huge strides and gained in popularity but the underlying culture is male.

Many women's teams outside the top leagues don't have female cut kit, access to decent coaches, are forced to play on poor pitches at unsocial times and are generally lacking infrastructure. We can't go from nothing to full on parity with the men's game instantly but there are undoubtedly blockers to development of the womens' game that could be removed if the mens teams were a bit more accommodating.

As for Spanish culture, I don't know. Never lived there and a holiday or two there is hardly representative of judging their culture. Reports in newspapers (of course always reliable) seem to say that the "macho" attitude is still a thing there but, as I say, never been.

Is he an idiot? no. Nobody gets to the position he did without showing some intelligence. It's not intelligence (or lack of) that has resulted in the ban though, it's his sense of entitlement and misogyny. He should have realised that doing what he did in front of a huge audience was never going to end well. So he is an idiot for not controlling himself.
Rubialles on 18:04 - Oct 30 with 770 views1885_SFC

All he had to do was say sorry, apologise, say it was out of order & a spur of the moment over-exuberant reaction to winning... and he'd still be in a job.

But no, he turned into a complete penis over the matter.

Faux outrage/feminist/social media "I need to be outraged at something every day FFS" brigade 1 Rubialles 0.

Old School is Cool

Rubialles on 18:34 - Oct 30 with 752 viewscocklebreath

Rubialles on 18:04 - Oct 30 by 1885_SFC

All he had to do was say sorry, apologise, say it was out of order & a spur of the moment over-exuberant reaction to winning... and he'd still be in a job.

Faux outrage/feminist/social media "I need to be outraged at something every day FFS" brigade 1 Rubialles 0.

Agreed, I really struggle to be furious with what he did, it was stupid but it’s all a bit over the top

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Rubialles on 06:10 - Oct 31 with 648 viewsBerber

Rubialles on 18:04 - Oct 30 by 1885_SFC

I somehow don’t think he failed to notice that he was the only one behaving in this manner. Nor do I think that he would have been snogging a member of the men’s team in the same manner. I don’t think the outrage was faux either, it certainly wasn’t on my part as I watched it unfold on the day, thinking he was an absolute tacky can’t. If the lass was my daughter, I’d be out there sticking one on him. And I am no great supporter of the feminist movement either as I enjoy the “blokeyness” of professional football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024