Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League Is Heading To Super League 21:50 - Nov 21 with 2150 viewsSaintNick

Newcastle can sign players on loan from PIF-owned Saudi clubs after vote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67490620

Discuss

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 22:55 - Nov 21 with 2050 viewsButty101

It’s a great way to circumnavigate financial fair play.

To many clubs have a similar model so wouldn’t vote against it.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 07:13 - Nov 22 with 1937 viewssolent_toffee

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 22:55 - Nov 21 by Butty101

It’s a great way to circumnavigate financial fair play.

To many clubs have a similar model so wouldn’t vote against it.

Everton have a net spend of zero over the past three years, every transfer and loan they’ve brought in has been sanctioned by the premier league and they have had to sell Gordon and Richarlison to ‘comply’ with FFP.

In the meantime, Newcastle have been given the green light to do whatever they want, as have City and Chelsea and as for Man United who are billion in debt, nothing will be brought against them.

A Super League is looking more and more attractive. Let these clubs piss off to the tourist league and let the rest enjoy a sporting competition, get the FA Cup back to what it used to be instead of a big 6 reserve competition, have salary caps and 3pm Saturday kick offs.
Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 07:25 - Nov 22 with 1928 viewscocklebreath

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 07:13 - Nov 22 by solent_toffee

Everton have a net spend of zero over the past three years, every transfer and loan they’ve brought in has been sanctioned by the premier league and they have had to sell Gordon and Richarlison to ‘comply’ with FFP.

In the meantime, Newcastle have been given the green light to do whatever they want, as have City and Chelsea and as for Man United who are billion in debt, nothing will be brought against them.

A Super League is looking more and more attractive. Let these clubs piss off to the tourist league and let the rest enjoy a sporting competition, get the FA Cup back to what it used to be instead of a big 6 reserve competition, have salary caps and 3pm Saturday kick offs.

Sounds wonderful, it’s sort of what we have this season, Everton should just get relegated and enjoy the championship.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 07:39 - Nov 22 with 1921 viewssolent_toffee

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 07:25 - Nov 22 by cocklebreath

Sounds wonderful, it’s sort of what we have this season, Everton should just get relegated and enjoy the championship.

I think there’s quite a few blues who would take that. Bored to death of it. I’m not convinced it will happen due to Burnley, Luton and Sheff Utd. And to be honest, I struggled to remember who the three teams who came up were at the top of my head. All the elation when they come up only to be cannon fodder, mocked by the media (when they do acknowledge them) and the tourist social media fan base whoppers.

I haven’t watched a CL game since it’s stopped being on ITV, if there was a super league I’d barely notice it existed. It would be football Utopia.
Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 10:06 - Nov 22 with 1836 viewsSaintNick

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 07:13 - Nov 22 by solent_toffee

Everton have balanced their books in the past 3 years, but in the 3 years years and indeed 5 years before that, they spent big as Moshiri promised to get them into the Champions League and make them the biggest club on Merseyside.

Perhaps that is just a bit of Saints bitterness for the way they took Ronald Koeman away from St Mary's, which at the time was the same sort of arrogance than the so called big 6 showed towards the lesser clubs.

Everton fans don't deserve what has now happened as in the main they are a loyal bunch, but up to the start of Covid Everton had badly over spent.

You are right they had to sell Richarlison & Gordon in the 2022/23 season, but was that because of financial fair play ? or due to the fact that their main financial backer Alisher Usmanov had to stop pumping money into the club under various guises due to being sanctioned and Moshiri couldn't bank roll them without him.

But as you say they are by far not the worst offenders and it is time that the now Big 7 are packed off to a super league be it in Europe or as i suspect might happen in the Arab states.

But although initially a Big 7less Premier League would be even, would it solve the problems long term, at the moment as Moshiri found out you can't buy success in the Premier League unless you are basically an Arab state bottomless pit fund, would the Big 7less Premier League only become a smaller version of that, with the likes of Moshiri suddenly able to buy the new Premier League via the likes of Everton, Aston Villa etc.

I like Everton, just as I liked Man City and Newcastle, I liked the fans, earth and down to earth, but devils advocate here, all three clubs spent most of the 1990's styling themselves as the Peoples clubs and not a corporate play thing, yes when the money came in Everton fans did not complain or ask where it was coming from, unluckily for them it wasn't big middle east bucks but a chancer.

Best advert on the telly is the one where all the fans are sitting in the pub saying how they are a proper football club etc and then the news come in about the fact they have been brought out by a big company and the next minute they are all walking up the street singing we are in the money.

All of the Big 7 clubs are the most voiciferous fans groups against what has happened to their clubs, but they are in a minority, they had to stop Newcastle fane en masse wearing tea towels on their heads to glorify their take over.

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 10:56 - Nov 22 with 1795 viewsButty101

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 10:06 - Nov 22 by SaintNick

Everton have balanced their books in the past 3 years, but in the 3 years years and indeed 5 years before that, they spent big as Moshiri promised to get them into the Champions League and make them the biggest club on Merseyside.

Perhaps that is just a bit of Saints bitterness for the way they took Ronald Koeman away from St Mary's, which at the time was the same sort of arrogance than the so called big 6 showed towards the lesser clubs.

Everton fans don't deserve what has now happened as in the main they are a loyal bunch, but up to the start of Covid Everton had badly over spent.

You are right they had to sell Richarlison & Gordon in the 2022/23 season, but was that because of financial fair play ? or due to the fact that their main financial backer Alisher Usmanov had to stop pumping money into the club under various guises due to being sanctioned and Moshiri couldn't bank roll them without him.

But as you say they are by far not the worst offenders and it is time that the now Big 7 are packed off to a super league be it in Europe or as i suspect might happen in the Arab states.

But although initially a Big 7less Premier League would be even, would it solve the problems long term, at the moment as Moshiri found out you can't buy success in the Premier League unless you are basically an Arab state bottomless pit fund, would the Big 7less Premier League only become a smaller version of that, with the likes of Moshiri suddenly able to buy the new Premier League via the likes of Everton, Aston Villa etc.

I like Everton, just as I liked Man City and Newcastle, I liked the fans, earth and down to earth, but devils advocate here, all three clubs spent most of the 1990's styling themselves as the Peoples clubs and not a corporate play thing, yes when the money came in Everton fans did not complain or ask where it was coming from, unluckily for them it wasn't big middle east bucks but a chancer.

Best advert on the telly is the one where all the fans are sitting in the pub saying how they are a proper football club etc and then the news come in about the fact they have been brought out by a big company and the next minute they are all walking up the street singing we are in the money.

All of the Big 7 clubs are the most voiciferous fans groups against what has happened to their clubs, but they are in a minority, they had to stop Newcastle fane en masse wearing tea towels on their heads to glorify their take over.

That advert is a classic

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 12:08 - Nov 22 with 1754 viewssolent_toffee

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 10:06 - Nov 22 by SaintNick

If a big7less league (TM that one Nick), it has to be regulated from the start and to include the likes of the FSA, salary caps, equality of broadcasting rights, get more terrestrial tv games, stronger academy’s so that over priced recruitment from abroad isn’t required.

There would still be loads of top clubs, slugging it out in a more competitive league but also so called smaller clubs wouldn’t be the fodder and could actually get success.

Look at Sunderland, 40k plus most weeks, Saints 30k, Leeds, Leicester, Boro, Sheff Weds, all big crowds every week. Norwich, Ipswich. There are teams in League Two with bigger crowds than Luton and Bournemouth.

I would sooner be in that league going without a half and half scarf, selfie stick, round the clock bollox on Sky, every single decision being questioned and legal/account biffs all over twitter spouting off every two minutes with their exclusives.
Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 12:28 - Nov 22 with 1743 viewsSaintNick

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 12:08 - Nov 22 by solent_toffee

If a big7less league (TM that one Nick), it has to be regulated from the start and to include the likes of the FSA, salary caps, equality of broadcasting rights, get more terrestrial tv games, stronger academy’s so that over priced recruitment from abroad isn’t required.

There would still be loads of top clubs, slugging it out in a more competitive league but also so called smaller clubs wouldn’t be the fodder and could actually get success.

Look at Sunderland, 40k plus most weeks, Saints 30k, Leeds, Leicester, Boro, Sheff Weds, all big crowds every week. Norwich, Ipswich. There are teams in League Two with bigger crowds than Luton and Bournemouth.

I would sooner be in that league going without a half and half scarf, selfie stick, round the clock bollox on Sky, every single decision being questioned and legal/account biffs all over twitter spouting off every two minutes with their exclusives.

Totally agree with everything you say here, it also has to have stringent ownership tests, I dont know if it could be enforced but I would also have regulation that football stadium never form part of the clubs assets and are held in trust for the club itself, completely separate from everything else and cant be transferred from owner to owner

Login to get fewer ads

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 09:21 - Nov 23 with 1592 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 12:28 - Nov 22 by SaintNick

Totally agree with everything you say here, it also has to have stringent ownership tests, I dont know if it could be enforced but I would also have regulation that football stadium never form part of the clubs assets and are held in trust for the club itself, completely separate from everything else and cant be transferred from owner to owner

It would be interesting to see how the EPL survives without the Sky cash as obviously if this utopia would to happen then Sky would "take its ball and go home". Unfortunately they market the game worldwide which is why they pump the millions that they do. It would make it a "purer" competition .. may however put it in line with the Scottish league where the income comes from a puny TV deal and what you can make through the turnstiles.
Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 09:39 - Nov 23 with 1581 viewsSaintNick

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 09:21 - Nov 23 by Springhill_old_boy

It would be interesting to see how the EPL survives without the Sky cash as obviously if this utopia would to happen then Sky would "take its ball and go home". Unfortunately they market the game worldwide which is why they pump the millions that they do. It would make it a "purer" competition .. may however put it in line with the Scottish league where the income comes from a puny TV deal and what you can make through the turnstiles.

The EPL would flourish, it would need to readjust and although the top players with the big clubs would still command the multi millions, back in the EPL salary's would drop, clubs would no longer be able to afford to pay squad players £60k a week.

In the current Premier League clubs are given riches so they can afford to pay for good players, hence there are a lot of foreign players in it who can't command £80 k a week plus at big clubs but £60k at the likes of Saints or Brighton is a lot better than they can get in the Bundesliga etc.

The EPL will rebalance and become competitive and the crowds will stay high, we will be able to get into European competitions that wont have the big clubs but no one will care.

I feel sad for the long term fans of the big 7, they are looking at being in a league that commands big big money, probably Saudi or Quatari backed and with games played to accommodate the tv viewers in the far east and then America's.

Going to away games will become a rare treat due to distances and money.

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 11:01 - Nov 23 with 1551 viewssolent_toffee

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 09:39 - Nov 23 by SaintNick

The EPL would flourish, it would need to readjust and although the top players with the big clubs would still command the multi millions, back in the EPL salary's would drop, clubs would no longer be able to afford to pay squad players £60k a week.

In the current Premier League clubs are given riches so they can afford to pay for good players, hence there are a lot of foreign players in it who can't command £80 k a week plus at big clubs but £60k at the likes of Saints or Brighton is a lot better than they can get in the Bundesliga etc.

The EPL will rebalance and become competitive and the crowds will stay high, we will be able to get into European competitions that wont have the big clubs but no one will care.

I feel sad for the long term fans of the big 7, they are looking at being in a league that commands big big money, probably Saudi or Quatari backed and with games played to accommodate the tv viewers in the far east and then America's.

How long do you think it would be before the Super 7 games are played in the states or the Middle East/Far East? The whole thing is so staged anyway for fans from these places, it won’t be long before they are fully accommodated. I know Reds now who believe this will happen. Some are already resigned to being telly clappers because they are being priced out of the game. My mate paid 375 quid for a game last season. Girl in works son and husband both support them (from Worthing) and recently paid 750 for Brentford tickets from the club.

I’m staggered that this doesn’t get mentioned by reds, they literally having their club financially freeze them out.
Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 11:15 - Nov 23 with 1534 viewsButty101

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 12:08 - Nov 22 by solent_toffee

Whats crowd sizes got to do with anything ? Luton and Bournemouth has a right to be in the top leagues.

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 12:35 - Nov 23 with 1509 viewssolent_toffee

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 11:15 - Nov 23 by Butty101

Whats crowd sizes got to do with anything ? Luton and Bournemouth has a right to be in the top leagues.

Of course they have, it’s an example that there is more to football than the PL. For example there are dozens of stadiums each Saturday in the EFL with bigger crowds than some games in the premier league. Not that you’d notice from the couple of seconds SKY dedicate to the teams each week.
Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 12:41 - Nov 23 with 1507 viewsSaintNick

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 11:01 - Nov 23 by solent_toffee

How long do you think it would be before the Super 7 games are played in the states or the Middle East/Far East? The whole thing is so staged anyway for fans from these places, it won’t be long before they are fully accommodated. I know Reds now who believe this will happen. Some are already resigned to being telly clappers because they are being priced out of the game. My mate paid 375 quid for a game last season. Girl in works son and husband both support them (from Worthing) and recently paid 750 for Brentford tickets from the club.

I’m staggered that this doesn’t get mentioned by reds, they literally having their club financially freeze them out.

The ones I know up there talk about it all the time. how when they get to the Champions League final out of 25 season ticket holders only 1 gets a ticket, how they campaign for Liverpool to set aside an amount of tickets for local fans to buy now the capacity is about to increase.

In the Football Supporters Association the biggest campaigners against the European Super League and indeed ticket prices etc are the the big 7 clubs and Everton

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 12:47 - Nov 23 with 1503 viewsfranniesTache

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 11:01 - Nov 23 by solent_toffee

I've always thought the logical conclussion of the premier league/super league/sky era is that the clubs will eventually branch off, lose the connection completely to where they're from and play all over the world.

Tell me you can't imagine a future where The Red Devils play the Liverbirds in Sydney one week, and then the Royal Whites in Vegas the next.

The city part of the club name will be dropped and when they do play their turn in their "hometown" it'll be a massive marketing event.

You only need to look at how these clubs already pander to the overseas plastics to see it's what they'd prefer
Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 12:51 - Nov 23 with 1499 viewsSaintNick

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 12:47 - Nov 23 by franniesTache

I've always thought the logical conclussion of the premier league/super league/sky era is that the clubs will eventually branch off, lose the connection completely to where they're from and play all over the world.

Tell me you can't imagine a future where The Red Devils play the Liverbirds in Sydney one week, and then the Royal Whites in Vegas the next.

The city part of the club name will be dropped and when they do play their turn in their "hometown" it'll be a massive marketing event.

You only need to look at how these clubs already pander to the overseas plastics to see it's what they'd prefer

You are totally right, but that doesnt mean that their long term local fans are happy about it

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 12:59 - Nov 23 with 1496 viewssolent_toffee

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 12:51 - Nov 23 by SaintNick

You are totally right, but that doesnt mean that their long term local fans are happy about it

I’m sure they are vocal but they don’t seem to have much of a platform. Maybe if they weren’t in the CL for a season, or Klopp left, they’d start kicking off, but right now they suck it up, maybe because it’s a lost cause.
Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 13:56 - Nov 23 with 1465 viewsPaleRider

Frankly, I have very little sympathy for the fans of the bigger clubs (local or otherwise). They've made their beds and if there are unintended consequences of their greed and desire for trophies at all costs - then so be it!
Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 18:50 - Nov 23 with 1389 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

Premier League Is Heading To Super League on 09:39 - Nov 23 by SaintNick

Thing is Nick , who would pay for the matches if the "Big Teams" are not in it? Sky would no longer pump in the millions they do now .. maybe another would but maybe at a reduced premium say 10-15 million per team ... would the clubs still flourish ? Think the home grown player would get more football and the big players may not think it is the utopia that it is at present ... who knows ??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024