Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last season to this season 21:58 - Dec 6 with 1233 viewskingslandstand1

Considering where we were last year and everyone thought Forest would fall down with us, would we rather be 11 games unbeaten in the Champ, or getting stuffed 5 - 0 by Fulham in the Prem
Last season to this season on 22:22 - Dec 6 with 1200 viewsA1079

For me Kingslandstand it is clear.

I would rather play at a level at which we can compete at and right now that is the Championship. Season after season just watching your team lose or be out done by decisions that would favour certain sides was more than enough. Sure, I would love to see success in the occasional trophy (and in that, our record is very poor) but there is no point in eating at the top table if all you can be served up with is the scraps.

Though I am not totally sold on some of our slow pedestrian football being able to win some games is much more palatable than week in and week out losing or not performing or seeing players that can't be ar*sed. Right now I like the Championship - whether I will feel the same after 2 or 3 years of it is another point.
Last season to this season on 22:46 - Dec 6 with 1175 viewskingslandstand1

Last season to this season on 22:22 - Dec 6 by A1079

For me Kingslandstand it is clear.

I would rather play at a level at which we can compete at and right now that is the Championship. Season after season just watching your team lose or be out done by decisions that would favour certain sides was more than enough. Sure, I would love to see success in the occasional trophy (and in that, our record is very poor) but there is no point in eating at the top table if all you can be served up with is the scraps.

Though I am not totally sold on some of our slow pedestrian football being able to win some games is much more palatable than week in and week out losing or not performing or seeing players that can't be ar*sed. Right now I like the Championship - whether I will feel the same after 2 or 3 years of it is another point.

I fear we had our day in the sun back in the 2015/16/17 ish period with European and top 8 Prem football with the plaudits that went with that from the press/pundits etc as Brighton are now, but then for some reason (ownership and recruitment issues primarily) our bubble burst

Watching this season and where we are in the league is a damn sight better that those continuous relegation battles, although it must be said that if the opposition didn't regularly blow their lines and take the many chances we give them/they have had things may be different!
Last season to this season on 23:01 - Dec 6 with 1162 viewsA1079

Last season to this season on 22:46 - Dec 6 by kingslandstand1

I fear we had our day in the sun back in the 2015/16/17 ish period with European and top 8 Prem football with the plaudits that went with that from the press/pundits etc as Brighton are now, but then for some reason (ownership and recruitment issues primarily) our bubble burst

Watching this season and where we are in the league is a damn sight better that those continuous relegation battles, although it must be said that if the opposition didn't regularly blow their lines and take the many chances we give them/they have had things may be different!

Completely agree Kingslandstand.
Last season to this season on 23:16 - Dec 6 with 1140 viewsSouthamptonfan

Who were those on here demanding we sign Steve Cooper as Saints manager? Or Vincent Company? It's the same old thing in the Premier League. Most teams are there to make up the numbers, managers come and go, and nobody can really claim who is brilliant and who isn't. So many things come into play. Even Poch is.losing most weeks. You need a good owner, good players with good attitudes, investment. The only shining manager at the moment really is Emery at Villa. But again, Villa have ambitious owners, a great vision from the very top, and excellent players. Forest will probably take the same path we did when we got.rid.of Ralph. They will sack Cooper, bring in someone else and they will probably be worse than they were under Copper and go down. And so it goes on......
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 23:20]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Last season to this season on 08:24 - Dec 7 with 996 viewskingslandstand1

Last season to this season on 23:16 - Dec 6 by Southamptonfan

Who were those on here demanding we sign Steve Cooper as Saints manager? Or Vincent Company? It's the same old thing in the Premier League. Most teams are there to make up the numbers, managers come and go, and nobody can really claim who is brilliant and who isn't. So many things come into play. Even Poch is.losing most weeks. You need a good owner, good players with good attitudes, investment. The only shining manager at the moment really is Emery at Villa. But again, Villa have ambitious owners, a great vision from the very top, and excellent players. Forest will probably take the same path we did when we got.rid.of Ralph. They will sack Cooper, bring in someone else and they will probably be worse than they were under Copper and go down. And so it goes on......
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 23:20]

"You need a good owner, good players with good attitudes, investment."

That sums it up really but a bit of a utopian train of thought. We had that for a brief, but critical, period in our history under Marcus that resulted in back to back promotions (could Ipswich follow that?) and eventually the Koeman period. But after that we had chancers who were looking to make a buck or 2 (even current incumbents) although we did manage a decent amount of time in the Prem for a provincial club.

I've just heard a Forest fan on the radio saying that despite their poor run and talk of Steve Cooper's demise soon, he's more concerned about who would come in rather than SC getting the sack in the better the devil you know syndrome

Lets' just enjoy the ride! As you say, and so it goes on
Last season to this season on 10:19 - Dec 7 with 938 viewsSonicBoom

Lets be honest in the PL the one thing you need to be sustainable is money. Simple as that.
Villa are doing well but they've spent a fortune.
Even teams that underperform like Chelsea are never going to get relegated as they spend enough to insulate themselves.

someone made a great point. all we want is to have a team that can compete at whatever level that is. If we get to the prem it will be a repeating cycle. Either come straight back down after getting gubbed every week, or have a short golden period where we make top half before the vultures take our better players.
I never got into football to enjoy my team just trying to stay in a league where we can't compete.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024