Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester/ Ipswich 14:54 - Jan 21 with 4570 viewsSouthamptonfan

What do we want?

If Leicester win, we stay 2nd, but Leicester would be way ahead at the top.
If Ipswich win, both teams become catchable and the title race would get interesting. However, we would be three points behind Ipswich again and back into third.
If it's a draw, we go back to third, but it keeps Leicester just about catchable.
[Post edited 21 Jan 14:57]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Leicester/ Ipswich on 15:02 - Jan 21 with 3989 viewskingslandstand1

I'm toying with Leicester win, then we leave both Leeds and Ipswich behind on points rather than GD as a chasing pack.

And we've still got to go to all 3 of those so if we can maintain a gap between us and at least 2 of them we have that advantage. And you never know, Leicester may just slip up, though can't really see that tbh

No matter how much glory there would be going up as Champions, tha twill count for nothing next season as we all start with zero points
Leicester/ Ipswich on 15:07 - Jan 21 with 3976 viewsSouthamptonfan

Leicester/ Ipswich on 15:02 - Jan 21 by kingslandstand1

I'm toying with Leicester win, then we leave both Leeds and Ipswich behind on points rather than GD as a chasing pack.

And we've still got to go to all 3 of those so if we can maintain a gap between us and at least 2 of them we have that advantage. And you never know, Leicester may just slip up, though can't really see that tbh

No matter how much glory there would be going up as Champions, tha twill count for nothing next season as we all start with zero points

Yeah agreed, to be honest, a draw would be ok but I think a Leicester win would keep us in 2nd and we can go all out for that second spot. A title would be great but getting up automatically is the priority.

Leicester/ Ipswich on 17:05 - Jan 21 with 3843 viewsCity_boy

I will be happy for a 0-0, with 11 Yellow cards and 3 Red cards on each side to their best players.
Leicester/ Ipswich on 01:10 - Jan 22 with 3630 viewsNYC_Saint

Bench clearing brawl, match abandoned and 10 point deduction to each team please!
Leicester/ Ipswich on 10:16 - Jan 22 with 3518 viewssaint901

Leicester win but have a couple of key players injured (not permanently - just enough to end their season).
Leicester/ Ipswich on 11:57 - Jan 22 with 3475 viewsdirk_doone

It will be a big surprise if Leicester don't win but a draw so we can gain a total of 4 points on the 2 teams above us and 2 automatic promotion spots still remain up for grabs, would be ideal.

Anyway, why, when we get close to winning a trophy, do we always have to accept being runners-up? We've done that eleven times already in leagues and cups. Let's win a trophy this time.
[Post edited 22 Jan 12:07]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Leicester/ Ipswich on 14:57 - Jan 22 with 3321 views1ASIN12

I say a Leicester win . It’s taken us to go on a 20 game unbeaten run to catch Ipswich , we need them to lose so we stay 2nd.

Let’s get clear in 2nd before worrying if we can or cannot catch Leicester .

If Ipswich lose then promotion is in our own hands . Albeit with 18 games to go .

I think every fan would have taken that back in August .
Leicester/ Ipswich on 15:11 - Jan 22 with 3306 viewsSonicBoom

I think I'd be happy for Leicester to win. Frankly they've been the best team, the table doesn't lie. Also we have a far better chance of catching Ipswich and who cares is we go up in 2nd place? No one will care at the start of next season.
Login to get fewer ads

Leicester/ Ipswich on 15:17 - Jan 22 with 3294 viewssaints__fan__73

Leeds are more of a threat to top 2 than Ipswich.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Leicester/ Ipswich on 19:25 - Jan 22 with 3174 viewsLondonSaint76

Leicester/ Ipswich on 17:05 - Jan 21 by City_boy

I will be happy for a 0-0, with 11 Yellow cards and 3 Red cards on each side to their best players.

Where’s Michael Salisbury when you need him!

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Leicester/ Ipswich on 19:27 - Jan 22 with 3173 viewsmushinexile

Not at the moment, the're not. We hve a bigger gap to them than to Ipswich and that has been the case for a little while. We all have just under half a season to go and if this is the pattern, then we are more likely to extend that gap. There are no easy games - and that goes for everybody. I would prefer the score that takes us up in second place than to have to take a chance in the play-offs.
Leicester/ Ipswich on 20:20 - Jan 22 with 3120 viewskernow

A draw would be best.
Leicester/ Ipswich on 21:55 - Jan 22 with 2978 viewsdirk_doone

Leicester/ Ipswich on 20:20 - Jan 22 by kernow

A draw would be best.

1-1 Perfect result for us.

Leicester/ Ipswich on 21:58 - Jan 22 with 2962 viewsgrumpy

Leicester/ Ipswich on 21:55 - Jan 22 by dirk_doone

Why? We're 3rd now,Leicester are 8 points ahead of us.
Leicester/ Ipswich on 22:00 - Jan 22 with 2938 viewshedgeend61

Leicester/ Ipswich on 21:58 - Jan 22 by grumpy

Cos they both drop 2 points Simples
Leicester/ Ipswich on 22:04 - Jan 22 with 2926 views1teeminants

Great result for saints stops Leicester pulling away . As Adam Blackmore said tonight there’s nothing to fear from these two if we keep going . Stops Ipswich getting too cocky as well.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Leicester/ Ipswich on 22:20 - Jan 22 with 2863 viewsdarthvader

Perfect..and im fine being third at this stage .. if we had played at the same time on Saturday we would still had been 3rd ... But THIS result means we have gained 2 points and 2 goals on both teams over the weekends results .

The pressure is on leeds imo as they will be playing twice more in the league before we play again (in the league) so they need to win both or get a win and a draw to go above us .

Leicester will drop more points ..i have thought for a while we can catch them , even when they were 14+ points in front of us , now its 8 .We are playing fantastic football...scoring goals getting results . Lets win it !

keep the faith coyr

Leicester/ Ipswich on 22:21 - Jan 22 with 2857 viewsSouthamptonfan

I suppose the thinking is that Leicester are still catchable. We could still pip them to the title. Eight point could become 5 If we beat them up there. They are having a wobble and could slip a few more times, especially whilst they are missing players. That little flicker of a possible title keeps things exciting. Ipswich are only one point ahead anyway, and we also play them and they have West Brom away next when we have Rotherham. We should be back in 2nd after the next round of games and Leicester still within reach.

Leicester/ Ipswich on 22:43 - Jan 22 with 2816 viewsdirk_doone

Leicester/ Ipswich on 22:20 - Jan 22 by darthvader

Perfect..and im fine being third at this stage .. if we had played at the same time on Saturday we would still had been 3rd ... But THIS result means we have gained 2 points and 2 goals on both teams over the weekends results .

The pressure is on leeds imo as they will be playing twice more in the league before we play again (in the league) so they need to win both or get a win and a draw to go above us .

Leicester will drop more points ..i have thought for a while we can catch them , even when they were 14+ points in front of us , now its 8 .We are playing fantastic football...scoring goals getting results . Lets win it !

An oldun but a goodun:

♬ Like a team that's going to win the Football League, we shall not be moved ♪

We just need to carry the form of the last 15 games forward.

From the post match thread on Foxes Talk tonight:

"Genuinely think So’ton walk this league, we are way off them atm.. Ipswich and Leeds inconsistent so we should get 2nd."
[Post edited 22 Jan 23:12]

Leicester/ Ipswich on 23:18 - Jan 22 with 2750 viewsareasix

1-1 draw I am happy with, as we gain 2 points on both of them and as long as vestergard plays for Leicester we have a chance of catching them.

Leeds will be our competition at the end of the season and we play them away last game of the season. We need to keep at least 3 points ahead of them.

A word of caution Swansea had their chances and a better team would have penalised us. But we all know that.
Leicester/ Ipswich on 00:32 - Jan 23 with 2685 viewssaint22

disagree I would have preferred to stay second and its in our hands
Leicester/ Ipswich on 07:16 - Jan 23 with 2575 viewsSalisburySaint

Leicester/ Ipswich on 00:32 - Jan 23 by saint22

disagree I would have preferred to stay second and its in our hands

As we still have to play Ipswich, it is in our hands
Leicester/ Ipswich on 07:33 - Jan 23 with 2552 viewsCity_boy

A draw was perfect. Yes we drop to 3rd (temporarily), but there are still 18 games to go.
I do not see Ipswich as the main threat. They are dropping points regularly now, with 4 draws in last 6.

Leeds are our main rival, and we are 5 points ahead of them.
Leicester/ Ipswich on 09:27 - Jan 23 with 2440 viewsdavidargyll

Last night’s game was quite an insight in to what faces us to get automatic promotion.
Leicester were undoubtedly the better side, closing down Ipswich from the start and consistently building pressure. Their ball skills and passing was much better but they did flag a bit towards the end. They will be hard to beat, especially at home.
Ipswich, on the other hand were quite “League-1’ish”, very average in terms of effective passing and control and relied a lot on the long ball out from the keeper which the Foxes’ backs - inc Jan Vestegard - had no problem dealing with.
But…
They didn’t stop and it was telling the early stat that flashed up that they have saved more points from losing positions than any other team in the EFL. And as Leicester flagged and/or got a bit complacent they scored. In other words fitness really told, and even if the possession stats were only just in Leicester’s favour, does this sound quite familiar…?
Leicester/ Ipswich on 10:36 - Jan 23 with 2374 viewsSonicBoom

I wasn't really impressed with either of them. Leicester started well and had a degree of control whereas Ipswich had nothing going forward. They also insisted on playing out from the back and gave the ball away constantly. I really have no idea why teams insist on doing this these days. I guess it is stats driven, but it seems to put teams in a hell of a lot of trouble.
Second half Ipswich did a little more but rarely threatened. Leicester will feel aggrieved that they didn't get over the line but neither side looked particularly good.

Leicester don't look like a team that is going to drop those 9 or 10 points. I think they'll do enough to keep clear. Ipswich look like they might struggle over the second half of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024