Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maidstone 14:46 - Jan 27 with 1207 viewsSouthamptonfan

The magic of the FA cup. Fantastic scenes.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Maidstone on 14:54 - Jan 27 with 1182 viewsCity_boy

Look at the stats !!

The best scene was when the showed they backroom staff of both teams.

Maidstone obviously went hysterical and Ipswich team huddled around monitor and I pads checking stats !

If ever there was a lesson that Stats count for nothing, this was it.
[Post edited 27 Jan 14:56]
Maidstone on 14:59 - Jan 27 with 1170 viewsmushinexile

Hope we don't get them next - They can beat the club above us! Seriously, whoever knocks them out will not be popular and I would like to see them have another good game. They put in an almost unbelievable effort and thoroughly deserved the win.
Maidstone on 15:01 - Jan 27 with 1169 viewsdirk_doone

Brilliant game. I'm really glad I watched all 98 minutes of it.

Earlier I was undecided as to whether or not to watch it it as I thought the best Maidstone could hope for was a narrow defeat and they were most likely to get thrashed.

But, they showed how to beat Ipswich with the long ball game, and they took their 2 chances really well.

I was impressed by the Maidstone manager, George Ekobi. What an inspirational character he is. Their Brazilian goalkeeper, Lucas Covolan, was superb too.

As for Ipswich, they really seem to have imploded. They've only 1 win in their last 7 league games and now this. Sarmiento looks a talent and Conor Chaplin is always a threat but their tactics have been found out. They are wide open to long ball counterattacks.
[Post edited 27 Jan 15:08]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Maidstone on 15:10 - Jan 27 with 1144 viewsBerber

One of the most enjoyable “neutral” games of footy I have watched for a few seasons. Classic FA Cup. Under-dogs fighting for their lives, the “better” team doing everything right, but failing to put the ball in the net as often as their opportunities would merit.

Maidstone goalie was superb, and mentioned that they do everything as a team, which today, was absolutely the best summation. The number of blocks and saves was phenomenal.

Fair play to Ipswich, they carried on playing attractive football, didn’t resort to dirty play and accepted the defeat with good grace.
Maidstone on 15:12 - Jan 27 with 1135 viewssaint22

Maidstone on 15:01 - Jan 27 by dirk_doone

Earlier I was undecided as to whether or not to watch it it as I thought the best Maidstone could hope for was a narrow defeat and they were most likely to get thrashed.

But, they showed how to beat Ipswich with the long ball game, and they took their 2 chances really well.

I was impressed by the Maidstone manager, George Ekobi. What an inspirational character he is. Their Brazilian goalkeeper, Lucas Covolan, was superb too.

As for Ipswich, they really seem to have imploded. They've only 1 win in their last 7 league games and now this. Sarmiento looks a talent and Conor Chaplin is always a threat but their tactics have been found out. They are wide open to long ball counterattacks.

They will be fine against us then if their weakness is long ball counter attacks
Maidstone on 15:18 - Jan 27 with 1103 viewskingslandstand1

Maidstone on 15:01 - Jan 27 by dirk_doone

Just shows that you have to respect every team you play in thecup, and not make 10 changes!
Maidstone on 15:19 - Jan 27 with 1104 viewsdirk_doone

Maidstone on 15:12 - Jan 27 by saint22

They will be fine against us then if their weakness is long ball counter attacks

Their tactics are very similar to ours . They play a possession game but they move everyone forward. When we dispossess them in our half, we need to do what Maidstone did, and hoof the ball long over the halfway line for our forwards to chase. But, as you say, that's not what we do. We should make an exception when we play Ipswich.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Maidstone on 15:44 - Jan 27 with 1051 viewsarfurdent

the main thing about Maidstone winning was it was very funny!

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Login to get fewer ads

Maidstone on 16:22 - Jan 27 with 1020 views1ASIN12

The best bit is a video showing a Maidstone fan falling from the top tier and landing on the Ipswich fans below.
Maidstone on 11:22 - Jan 28 with 700 viewsarfurdent

Maidstone on 16:22 - Jan 27 by 1ASIN12

The best bit is a video showing a Maidstone fan falling from the top tier and landing on the Ipswich fans below.

hope the Maidstone fan was unharmed

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Maidstone on 15:53 - Jan 28 with 643 viewsLondonSaint76

Maidstone have got Sheffield Wed or Coventry away in 5th Round

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024