Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things About Rotherham 20:52 - Feb 3 with 2332 viewsSouthamptonfan

Sat on the coach, bored so here goes:

1) Never been to such a quiet place inside and outside the ground. Arrived 2 hours before kick off and there was about 5 people walking around the ground. Totally bizarre. I asked if the game had been called off. But no it got a bit busier later, obviously.

2) Great following from Saints fans. We had the whole end and we were noisy throughout.

3) Their old ground is literally a few minutes walk away, across the road. It's all still standing with floodlights and everything. Was talking to a Rotherham fan who said that the plan was to knock it down and build flats. Once the plan was finalised, it was found that the area was unsuitable for housing, and that the land can only be used for sport. So the ground remains.

4) Rotherham really is a very poor and destitute place. And I've been to some poor places. Anyone see any police? I saw hundreds at Millwall, very few if any at Rotherham.

5) Great away day. The ground is a mini St Mary's. Great selection of food and drink. The Rotherham fans were literally silent apart from a man with a hat. And those steps in the stand, weren't they steep!!!
[Post edited 3 Feb 21:53]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

5 Things About Rotherham on 21:35 - Feb 3 with 2226 viewsManhattan_Lynx

1) It was quiet outside the ground two hours before kick off, but got busier before kick off?

2) Yes, our hunz sounded awesome.

3) Completely agree that the area is unsuitable for housing.

4) See 3.

5) See 2.
5 Things About Rotherham on 21:54 - Feb 3 with 2181 viewsSouthamptonfan

5 Things About Rotherham on 21:35 - Feb 3 by Manhattan_Lynx

1) It was quiet outside the ground two hours before kick off, but got busier before kick off?

2) Yes, our hunz sounded awesome.

3) Completely agree that the area is unsuitable for housing.

4) See 3.

5) See 2.

1) It was absolutely deserted two hours before kick off. Most grounds have people milling around. But not the millers.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

5 Things About Rotherham on 23:40 - Feb 3 with 2028 viewsfranniesTache

1. We never really got out of first gear today, brilliantly professional performance from Saints and only one side was ever winning that
2. Some cracking pubs off the obvious track in Rotherham and despite it being run down was a decent little town
3. The home fans were a quality bunch, knew their football and had a good sense of humour. The old mush in the pub pre game who’d seen our 66 promotion side and was telling us about watching Paine etc was spot on
4. Noticiable less library bollocks today, hoping we’ve turned a corner with that crap
5. First class is the only way to travel, thanks to wintz we got that on the way up
5 Things About Rotherham on 06:30 - Feb 4 with 1858 views1teeminants

1. Great train connections up from Winchester,Waterloo ,King’s Cross, Doncaster etc , no further blips at all despite my concerns of further disruptions to our journey because of strikes . Very fast train up from King’s Cross and not overcrowded .

Things could have got feisty as our train on the way back had several Millwall youth coming back from Hull and saints youth but on different carriages. luckily there were police on board who had obviously been tipped off. One Young saints lad on his own we met later told us there had been skirmishes earlier in the day and his mates had been nicked but not sure how true that was.

2. Good support from saints . As Southampton fan said very quiet home fans. I’ve never been to an away game where there’s complete silence from home fans throughout the match.

3 . Frannies Tache you weren’t in the Bridge opposite the station before the game by any chance ? I overheard an older Rotherham fan talking about Terry Paine and the old saints team.

4. Saints are looking happy, confident and very good for this league . The top 3 teams now are easily the best 3. We just have to keep going.

5. Pat from Poole hasn’t been kidnapped, great to see you mate.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

5 Things About Rotherham on 09:12 - Feb 4 with 1692 viewsManhattan_Lynx

They do love the sound of their own voices, do those Yorkshire types. Proper droning on. And their flat caps look ridiculous.
5 Things About Rotherham on 09:28 - Feb 4 with 1662 views1ASIN12

1) For a Saturday the town centre was very quiet - not that there was much to do there.
2) a lot of pubs were home fans only in the town centre .
3) I liked the steepness of the stands and how close the ground is to the town.
4) probably our easiest win of the season and Rotherham seemed to accept it.
5) Support was ok not the best it’s been but not the worst either .
5a) 3rd time I’ve been to see Rotherham v Saints and at 3 different grounds . Nice to visit on a Saturday .
5 Things About Rotherham on 09:59 - Feb 4 with 1599 viewsPatfromPoole

Morning.

Back from a brief period of message board fasting.

1. We all now appear to know the Stuart Armstrong song. Very good. Just need some songs for a few other players now.

2. Cutlers Arms was a good boozer; great to see so many friendly faces in there.

3. The scoreboard showing all the scores of other games real-time was a bit different; however I felt it became a distraction, and a lot of our fans seemed more interested in what was going on in other games than our own in the second-half, particularly Preston v Ipswich when Kiefer Moore got going

4. All the public car parks there seem to have free weekend parking. Great stuff. If only the councils of Southampton and BCP were quite so forward-thinking (and weren't in the merde financially).

5. I liked Rotherham's ground. Great view with steep seating (though you wouldn't want to fall down rows....) and what seemed to be great acoustics which helped carry the noise.

Good to see you too, oneteem

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

5 Things About Rotherham on 10:13 - Feb 4 with 1575 viewsPatfromPoole

Oh, and

6. My daughter’s favourite band are The Reytons, and she loved their song being on at half-time and all the posters for the band around the town. Clearly Rotherham are proud of them, and justifiably so.
[Post edited 4 Feb 10:14]

Login to get fewer ads

5 Things About Rotherham on 10:49 - Feb 4 with 1515 viewsfelly1

5 Things About Rotherham on 10:13 - Feb 4 by PatfromPoole

Oh, and

6. My daughter’s favourite band are The Reytons, and she loved their song being on at half-time and all the posters for the band around the town. Clearly Rotherham are proud of them, and justifiably so.
[Post edited 4 Feb 10:14]

6. I thought that was a Jake Bugg song.

1. Great stadium.. Love the steepness and plenty of room.
2. Bumped into Gerry Forest outside the players entrance.

The Rotherham fan I spoke to said he was the best player he ever saw play for them!
3. Your dead right we need a couple more songs.. Proper anthems.. The players deserve it.

4. We could and should be more clinical in taking our chances. Ross Stewart.... If only.

5. Their keeper will be at a better club next season.
5 Things About Rotherham on 10:57 - Feb 4 with 1499 viewsPatfromPoole

5 Things About Rotherham on 10:49 - Feb 4 by felly1

The Rotherham fan I spoke to said he was the best player he ever saw play for them!
3. Your dead right we need a couple more songs.. Proper anthems.. The players deserve it.

4. We could and should be more clinical in taking our chances. Ross Stewart.... If only.

5 Things About Rotherham on 10:59 - Feb 4 with 1484 viewsPatfromPoole

The song refers to Clifton Park, the venue for a 20,000 capacity open-air gig they are playing on July 6th.

Happens to be my daughter’s birthday, so she would like to go.

Same day as the quarter-final of the Euros if England are still in; could be tricky…..

5 Things About Rotherham on 12:36 - Feb 4 with 1381 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things About Rotherham on 06:30 - Feb 4 by 1teeminants

1. Great train connections up from Winchester,Waterloo ,King’s Cross, Doncaster etc , no further blips at all despite my concerns of further disruptions to our journey because of strikes . Very fast train up from King’s Cross and not overcrowded .

Things could have got feisty as our train on the way back had several Millwall youth coming back from Hull and saints youth but on different carriages. luckily there were police on board who had obviously been tipped off. One Young saints lad on his own we met later told us there had been skirmishes earlier in the day and his mates had been nicked but not sure how true that was.

2. Good support from saints . As Southampton fan said very quiet home fans. I’ve never been to an away game where there’s complete silence from home fans throughout the match.

3 . Frannies Tache you weren’t in the Bridge opposite the station before the game by any chance ? I overheard an older Rotherham fan talking about Terry Paine and the old saints team.

4. Saints are looking happy, confident and very good for this league . The top 3 teams now are easily the best 3. We just have to keep going.

5. Pat from Poole hasn’t been kidnapped, great to see you mate.

We avoided the bridge inn as it looked stupidly busy so were drinking in the three cranes instead which was a cracking little pub, and despite saying home fans only had no problems with us drinking there
5 Things About Rotherham on 13:11 - Feb 4 with 1313 views1teeminants

5 Things About Rotherham on 12:36 - Feb 4 by franniesTache

We avoided the bridge inn as it looked stupidly busy so were drinking in the three cranes instead which was a cracking little pub, and despite saying home fans only had no problems with us drinking there

It Wasn’t too bad before the game, bar staff were pretty efficient but it was hectic after the game as card machine broke and I had to borrow cash of my brother. Anyone that knows him will tell you that’s not an easy task. Cheers.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

5 Things About Rotherham on 13:54 - Feb 4 with 1254 viewsTimSaint

1. We parked behind the Bridge in a 'charity' car park at a cost of £2 for half a day. Not the freebie Pat found, but a bargain all the same - but then when you see what the town offers, they have to try to attract punters in somehow.

2. Bridge seemed quite busy. We only stayed for 1 as we were meeting some guys who had travelled up on Nick's coaches, inside the ground.

3. Stadium and the area outside were nice and lots of the older industrial buildings in the area look like they are finally being redeveloped. Not sure there is a need or a demand though.

4. Another great 1st half performance, with some superb passing and creativity. Just a shame we didn't get a 3rd or 4th that our performance and fans deserved.

5. We were on 'the right side' and there were a few too many anti Pompey, library and shed songs, but the most surprising thing was that Rotherham didn't sing at all.

6. The drive up was great. The drive back was perfectly timed, as Sat Nav took us on a slight diversion to miss the incident / congestion at Junction 33 on the M1. Once back on the M1, it was a quick and easy journey back.

TimSaint

5 Things About Rotherham on 15:04 - Feb 4 with 1191 viewsManhattan_Lynx

This sticker is doing the rounds from Rotherham yesterday, are these our ultras? 
5 Things About Rotherham on 15:51 - Feb 4 with 1120 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things About Rotherham on 15:04 - Feb 4 by Manhattan_Lynx

This sticker is doing the rounds from Rotherham yesterday, are these our ultras? 

That sticker is weird as f*ck, a mate of mine and pat made that image as a laugh and in joke and some proper oddball has slapped that writing on it and made it a sticker
5 Things About Rotherham on 15:54 - Feb 4 with 1102 viewscocklebreath

5 Things About Rotherham on 15:51 - Feb 4 by franniesTache

That sticker is weird as f*ck, a mate of mine and pat made that image as a laugh and in joke and some proper oddball has slapped that writing on it and made it a sticker

Is that hat cxnt on the left?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

5 Things About Rotherham on 15:57 - Feb 4 with 1095 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things About Rotherham on 15:54 - Feb 4 by cocklebreath

Is that hat cxnt on the left?

Yup, can’t remember who the fella in the middle is but the image is taken from the film awaydays, was a pisstake because we were telling Pat that he was our leader
5 Things About Rotherham on 21:26 - Feb 4 with 850 viewssaint22

5 Things About Rotherham on 10:49 - Feb 4 by felly1

I would like to see us sign their keeper
He played excellently at st marys and is just the type of decent keeper we need behind Baz
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024