Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wi-Fi at St Mary's 10:36 - Feb 9 with 1155 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/wi-fi-now-available-at-st-marys-st

This is great I think. This is something actually really worthwhile and useful to the fans.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 11:05 - Feb 9 with 1116 viewsUTS1885

If it’s turned off during games then ok, but there are already too many fans that cant go 90 mins without staring at their phone many times. You can’t complain about atmosphere with this going on.
Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 11:20 - Feb 9 with 1080 viewsPatfromPoole

I despair about stuff like this.

Just encourages the nerds who can’t stay off their phones during the game, when they should be supporting the team.

Turn it off during the game, Saints.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 11:43 - Feb 9 with 1061 views1ASIN12

No idea how anyone could be in their phones during the game, I can’t even get any signal anywhere in the ground .

You see some who must spend most of the game uploading photos onto whatever social media they have .

It’s the same for concerts everyone holding their phones in the air videoing can’t see a fvcking thing
Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 11:53 - Feb 9 with 1035 viewsShirtNumbers

games gone
Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 12:11 - Feb 9 with 1018 viewsPatfromPoole

God knows why they do all those lengthy customer experience surveys.

This is probably a product of those bloody surveys. People complaining that they couldn’t upload 25 selfies to Facestalk until they had got back home.

The sort of people who have the time to complete those surveys spend far too much time on their phones as it is.

The club are just bowing down to these types to score a few PR points.

Just focus on what’s happening on the pitch. It’s very good for once, make the most of it!

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 13:02 - Feb 9 with 964 viewsSouthamptonfan

Some interesting responses. I didn't think of the side of the argument that it might encourage more people to be looking at their phone rather than the game. However, I like looking at the other scores, looking at the live league table, replaying goals if it was controversial to see if we were done an Injustice etc. I wouldn't like a load of people sat there uploading photos, but I do like to know the other scores etc.I do the odd accumulator, and many times wanted to cash out but will be able to now, with our new WiFi 😂
[Post edited 9 Feb 13:05]

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 13:23 - Feb 9 with 917 viewsPatfromPoole

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 13:02 - Feb 9 by Southamptonfan

Some interesting responses. I didn't think of the side of the argument that it might encourage more people to be looking at their phone rather than the game. However, I like looking at the other scores, looking at the live league table, replaying goals if it was controversial to see if we were done an Injustice etc. I wouldn't like a load of people sat there uploading photos, but I do like to know the other scores etc.I do the odd accumulator, and many times wanted to cash out but will be able to now, with our new WiFi 😂
[Post edited 9 Feb 13:05]

I suspect you might have liked Rotherham’s scoreboard last week…..

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 13:37 - Feb 9 with 893 viewsfranniesTache

Great news.

I can't wait to spend my time at games sat down checking the player stats, reading pundits opinions so i can voice them, and live streaming my vlog content.

Hopefully the dinosaurs that hate this will finally be priced out too
Login to get fewer ads

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 13:37 - Feb 9 with 894 viewsTimSaint

Not something that really bothers me either way, but to move with the times, it is perhaps something that the club should have implemented years ago.

They are generally slow on the uptake with things such as this and even those new stadium screens took more than a year to arrive from their initially proposed install.

I get the looking at the other scores and league tables etc, but as someone pointed out on here after the Rotherham game, they had their scoreboard showing all the live scores, which turned out to be a distraction from the game itself. (Fine if you are bottom of the league and need all the distractions you can get !!).

It is bad enough these days with people videoing, taking photos and posting on Social Media during the game, so having WiFi available will only encourage this further.

But during the match, at least I will be able to:

Buy tickets for our next game
Use the click and collect service to pick up my merch from the store at full time
Download the official Saints App
Keep up to date with scores around the county
Check my travel routes to get home

TimSaint

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 13:48 - Feb 9 with 882 viewsPatfromPoole

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 13:37 - Feb 9 by TimSaint

Not something that really bothers me either way, but to move with the times, it is perhaps something that the club should have implemented years ago.

They are generally slow on the uptake with things such as this and even those new stadium screens took more than a year to arrive from their initially proposed install.

I get the looking at the other scores and league tables etc, but as someone pointed out on here after the Rotherham game, they had their scoreboard showing all the live scores, which turned out to be a distraction from the game itself. (Fine if you are bottom of the league and need all the distractions you can get !!).

It is bad enough these days with people videoing, taking photos and posting on Social Media during the game, so having WiFi available will only encourage this further.

But during the match, at least I will be able to:

Buy tickets for our next game
Use the click and collect service to pick up my merch from the store at full time
Download the official Saints App
Keep up to date with scores around the county
Check my travel routes to get home

That would have been me re Rotherham.

Does it enable people to pre-order a pint of flat Kingfisher piss so that one doesn’t have to queue?

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 14:03 - Feb 9 with 869 viewsSouthamptonfan

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 13:23 - Feb 9 by PatfromPoole

I suspect you might have liked Rotherham’s scoreboard last week…..

Definitely! When I saw that Ipswich were losing three nil on the screen at Rotherham, it made me sing even louder for the Saints. Plus, just think of the number of people who won't need to leave early anymore as they can pre order taxis, and get their McDonald's app up for an early Saturday evening delivery or cinema tickets.
[Post edited 9 Feb 14:05]

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 14:14 - Feb 9 with 839 viewsPatfromPoole

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 14:03 - Feb 9 by Southamptonfan

Definitely! When I saw that Ipswich were losing three nil on the screen at Rotherham, it made me sing even louder for the Saints. Plus, just think of the number of people who won't need to leave early anymore as they can pre order taxis, and get their McDonald's app up for an early Saturday evening delivery or cinema tickets.
[Post edited 9 Feb 14:05]

Can these essential things not all be booked before going to the game???

It makes me wonder how people coped with going to games at The Dell before we had all this stuff…

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 16:29 - Feb 9 with 769 viewsarfurdent

think is a great improvement. SMS is like a big faraday cage and blocks the signal on O2 (giffgaff). At least the wench can whatsapp me in an emergency and it stops the poor iphone running red hot and killing the battery.

Basically it is FREE, what is not to like.

If people annoy you using a phone then either gob on it or grab it and throw it at the pitch

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 16:37 - Feb 9 with 757 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Has anyone successfully had a Deliveroo order dropped off at the turnstiles?
Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 16:46 - Feb 9 with 749 viewsPatfromPoole

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 16:37 - Feb 9 by Manhattan_Lynx

Has anyone successfully had a Deliveroo order dropped off at the turnstiles?

You try that and the stewards will have you thrown out before you can say

“But I’ve ordered you some prawn cocktail Pringles, guv.”

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 17:37 - Feb 9 with 717 viewsManhattan_Lynx

The more I think about it, the more excited I am about this initiative. I'm now also thinking about starting a unique live-streaming vlog with full in-match commentary from yours truly, together with 'keep it real' footage from my iPhone 4. I could also interview forum members at half-time and full-time. Chief rabble-rouser Pat from Poole would definitely be on my hit list. What about Z-list celebrities SaintRob and Summa? If anyone is interested in pricing, I'm thinking only £5 a match for Ugly members, and £3 for everyone else. I'll advertise it all on here when the time comes.
Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 19:24 - Feb 9 with 654 viewsgreen

I actually love the fact that I have a genuine excuse not to respond to anything or anyone for those few hours I am at the football because I don’t seem to get any sort of signal in the ground.
Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 22:04 - Feb 9 with 587 viewsdarthvader

It has to happen.

It annoys everyone ofcourse to just be looking at phones bug its the modern age . Wifi is sadly a must for the new generation of fans .

I do take about 4 photos and a short 15/20 second video clip of the game to send to my neighbour who is football crazy , and saints mad . Unfortunately his age and disability keeps him from attending,or doing much else to be fair....so if the wifi enables me to facetime/video call him just for a couple of minutes during a game to let him see and hear it live ,it would make his week .so im all for it

keep the faith coyr

Wi-Fi at St Mary's on 23:42 - Feb 9 with 551 viewsTripleNiemi

Fantastic news as now we will be able to get a live feed and expert on the spot analysis from the likes of SaintRob throughout the game.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024