Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our competitive competitions NOT 21:37 - Feb 28 with 903 viewsSouthamptonfan

So Liverpool win the league cup. The winners of the FA Cup will be Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City or Man United. And the PL will be won by Man City, Liverpool or Arsenal. And who won the cups last season and the season before? I am glad to be out. No chance of winning it, it's just the truth unfortunately. People are living in a different universe if they think any other team can win anything. Let's concentrate on the league.
[Post edited 28 Feb 21:50]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Our competitive competitions NOT on 23:08 - Feb 28 with 762 viewsInTimeAddedOn

It's about time the billionaire funded win it alls naffed off to their Europenan or even World Super League and give the rest of us mere mortals our game back, and good riddance to them and their hoardes of gloating supporters.
40 years ago a club like Nottingham Forest could get promoted, win what is now the PL and what is now the Champions League, the three promoted teams this season are fighting for their lives not to go straight back from whence they came.
Don't laugh, 40 years ago we could have won the double. Yes, that is what I said, the double. Finished 3 points behind champions Liverpool, a single incident in the home game v QPR and another in the home game v Sunderland cost us 4 points (0-0 and 1-1 should have been 1-0 & 1-0) We were so unlucky in the FAC SF at Highbury with Watford waiting at Wembley for the winner of our S/F and put quite simply, there for the taking.
40 years on, if we go up, there would be no point in even dreaming of such feats of daring do, put quite simply it is just impossible without selling the Club's soul to an oligarch or a Gulf State's public fund.
As stated, time for the win it alls to just naff off ASAP.
[Post edited 28 Feb 23:14]
Our competitive competitions NOT on 06:22 - Feb 29 with 632 viewssaintwizzler

We are not in the same league as the teams mentioned, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Man United and we still are struggling to win the league we ARE in.
So what is your point?

The FA Cup - if last night we’d of put a full team out we would of beat Liverpool at Anfield.
Look how the win up there is remembered when Shane Long scored.

Man United away in the next round. With a full team out we’d of given them a bloody good game and then it’s Wembley in a semi final…

But on to Birmingham City and a 3/4 full St Andrews for who knows what…?

Russell Martin over to you hun x

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Our competitive competitions NOT on 06:48 - Feb 29 with 610 viewsCity_boy

Our competitive competitions NOT on 06:22 - Feb 29 by saintwizzler

We are not in the same league as the teams mentioned, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Man United and we still are struggling to win the league we ARE in.
So what is your point?

The FA Cup - if last night we’d of put a full team out we would of beat Liverpool at Anfield.

Man United away in the next round. With a full team out we’d of given them a bloody good game and then it’s Wembley in a semi final…

If the impact of the so called '1st teamers' , Adams, KWP, Armstrong, and Smallbone were anything to to go by when they came on last night, I still don't think we would have won.

I thought when the subs came on, we looked worse.
Our competitive competitions NOT on 07:21 - Feb 29 with 569 viewssaintwizzler

Our competitive competitions NOT on 06:48 - Feb 29 by City_boy

If the impact of the so called '1st teamers' , Adams, KWP, Armstrong, and Smallbone were anything to to go by when they came on last night, I still don't think we would have won.

I thought when the subs came on, we looked worse.

When we are relying on Che Adams to score us goals…
A Che Adams who is out of contract at the end of the season…

It’s Adams or Mara as Centre Forward.
It’s not their fault they just ain’t good enough.

WE MARCH ON TO A PLAYOFF FINAL V IPSWICH

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Our competitive competitions NOT on 07:36 - Feb 29 with 538 viewsTripleNiemi

Playing one’s strongest side each round might, just might make a slight difference.

I get the top clubs fielding weakened sides, but am left baffled when our younger breed of experts are posting on Social Media that we should be resting players for our push in the league. FFS, unless we royally screw up we should be able to hold on to the play off berths and wouldn’t it be nice to focus on the Cup as let’s face it, even if we get promoted, is the ambition to simply stay as cannon fodder in the top flight?

One FA Cup in our history is pretty bloödy rubbish.
[Post edited 29 Feb 7:37]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Our competitive competitions NOT on 16:19 - Feb 29 with 371 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Our competitive competitions NOT on 06:22 - Feb 29 by saintwizzler

So what is your point?

What’s my point? I was mainly responding to the previous post from Southamptonfan who had said Liverpool have already won the League Cup, one of the usual suspects (to save listing them all again) will win the FA Cup and the Prem. Just saying I think it is about time the win it alls trotted off to their money laden Super League and the rest of us could start to dream again of realistically winning something. I know we are not in the PL but that was part of the original post I was responding to but it is still partially relevant as that is what we are striving to get back into next season and if we do we are back in a grossly mismatched division to a large extent down to the clubs mentioned.
As you say, over to RM to conjure up a team to beat Birmingham, fingers crossed! COYS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024