Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton V Coventry City The Verdict 09:40 - Apr 10 with 755 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62294/southampton-v-cove

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton V Coventry City The Verdict on 11:43 - Apr 10 with 596 viewsfelly1

Nick,
I'm not sure what's weirder.
Your dark obsession with our illustrious Captain that's been ongoing for many many years.

Or my developing obsession with defending Stephens.

I know you like a stat to back up an argument as I fail to see the issue with this particular player., whilst you seemingly ignore or defend certain other players that should come under scrutiny.

Perhaps there was a road rage or some drunken night club incident with Stephens that you're too embarrassed to mention.

Anyhow here goes for Stephens haters.

23/24 Season.

When Stephens features or starts we average 2.2 points per match.

Without Stephens 1.95.

Please correct me if I got that wrong.
Southampton V Coventry City The Verdict on 11:55 - Apr 10 with 580 viewsSouthamptonfan

Southampton V Coventry City The Verdict on 11:43 - Apr 10 by felly1

Nick,
Your dark obsession with our illustrious Captain that's been ongoing for many many years.

I know you like a stat to back up an argument as I fail to see the issue with this particular player., whilst you seemingly ignore or defend certain other players that should come under scrutiny.

Perhaps there was a road rage or some drunken night club incident with Stephens that you're too embarrassed to mention.

23/24 Season.

Without Stephens 1.95.

I agree with you. I thought Stephens had a good game last night. Bednerak had a knock and wasn't fully fit. So Bednerak wasn't dropped, he wasn't fit. RM confirmed this after the game. I am not sure what Nick's problem is with Stephens. He isn't the best player in world but he gives his all, bit like Benali always did. It was Walker-Peters who made an error, and nearly let them in, not Stephens. My biggest annoyance was when Mara came on. He is the laziest player I have ever seen. He spends more time on his hair than putting effort in on the pitch. Yet Nick defends him and keeps knocking a player who gives his all? Difficult to fathom that one.

Overall, last night was a good performance and a good victory. I thought we played some great football last night. Again though, frustrating we couldn't finish them off and win more comfortably. But that has nothing to do with Stephens being in the team.

With Leicester and Leeds stuttering, things could get interesting at the top.
[Post edited 10 Apr 11:58]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Southampton V Coventry City The Verdict on 12:30 - Apr 10 with 528 viewsfelly1

Southampton V Coventry City The Verdict on 11:55 - Apr 10 by Southamptonfan

I agree with you. I thought Stephens had a good game last night. Bednerak had a knock and wasn't fully fit. So Bednerak wasn't dropped, he wasn't fit. RM confirmed this after the game. I am not sure what Nick's problem is with Stephens. He isn't the best player in world but he gives his all, bit like Benali always did. It was Walker-Peters who made an error, and nearly let them in, not Stephens. My biggest annoyance was when Mara came on. He is the laziest player I have ever seen. He spends more time on his hair than putting effort in on the pitch. Yet Nick defends him and keeps knocking a player who gives his all? Difficult to fathom that one.

Overall, last night was a good performance and a good victory. I thought we played some great football last night. Again though, frustrating we couldn't finish them off and win more comfortably. But that has nothing to do with Stephens being in the team.

With Leicester and Leeds stuttering, things could get interesting at the top.
[Post edited 10 Apr 11:58]

Stop being so rational Southamptonfan!
Southampton V Coventry City The Verdict on 17:43 - Apr 10 with 338 viewsNumber_58

Southampton V Coventry City The Verdict on 11:43 - Apr 10 by felly1

Nick,

23/24 Season.

Without Stephens 1.95.

Nick's dislike for Jack Stephens goes right back to the League Cup final when he blames him for losing the match (I personally tended to blame Jamie Vardy for stamping on VVD's ankle, but hey-ho). Since then there has not been a wasted opportunity to have a dig. Just lately the dislike has really been cranked up. If we lose, Stephens is to blame. If we draw, Stephens is to blame. And now, most bizarrely, even when we win, Stephens is to blame. Apparently the Cov goal last night was down to Stephens not being able to organise the defence (and not down to Bree/Arma failing to track their man). Stephens was even described in one post as being 'cumbersome' in the second half. I can't say I noticed that personally, but I do like the word 'cumbersome'. However, I do recall Nick being irrationally critical of SRL on occasions (although I think that may have been down to some Scouse turf war), so if I was Jack Stephens I wouldn't be too upset by all the stick.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024