Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
sir les,what is your agenda? 00:23 - Nov 22 with 18388 viewsbrad

we have neil warnock in charge now,why not give it to him till the end of the season,why do you want to give J.F.H, the job,he is unproven,we could go down if this shambles contiues!
sir les,what is your agenda? on 12:48 - Nov 22 with 2851 viewsPommyhoop

sir les,what is your agenda? on 11:31 - Nov 22 by nadera78

You've been on a couple of forums posting this BS, Brad. It was crap the first time and it still is now.

I don't know if it's the way this club has changed over the past decade or just reflective of the modern world, but I'm sick to the back teeth of this whiny, whinging, scapegoat-seeking, 'we should be winning trophies', self-serving, attention-seeking, drama queen Bull Shit. It absolutely engulfs everything about QPR from the owners, the club itself and on to the fanbase. It's been said before but I really do fear we've turned into Chelsea but without the success.

And now we have absolutle f*cking numpties flooding the internet with rubbish about a genuine QPR legend. Am I the only one who remembers Les Ferdinand digging into his pocket for 10 grand when we were skint as part of the We Are QPR fund?

I think I need a break from it all before I lose interest completely.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

sir les,what is your agenda? on 12:59 - Nov 22 with 2828 viewsconnell10

sir les,what is your agenda? on 10:00 - Nov 22 by WeaverQPR

Appointing CR and failing to get sufficient back up for Austin are two big errors from LF that will more than likely mean the season is a write off.

This season was always gonna be a write off , i dont get your point. Did you really think we would go back up, i mean REALLY??

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

sir les,what is your agenda? on 13:17 - Nov 22 with 2797 viewsQPR1882

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9774656/qprs-director-of-football-l

Lets hope after the Ramsey debacle we get a manager for the right reasons
sir les,what is your agenda? on 13:19 - Nov 22 with 2793 viewsTheBlob

sir les,what is your agenda? on 10:09 - Nov 22 by Antti_Heinola

Are we? Or is that fans projecting their own sense of desolation onto the club. We're just changing managers FFS.
What's Les done?
First of all, he's implementing and has implemented enormous change at a younger level, with loads of new scouts and coaches at all levels. We have a brand new facility for the youth. Second of all, he's brought in a policy of not paying expensive wages to has-been players. While many people have bizarrely written off several of our signings already, I believe the likes of Smithies, Luongo, Chery, Hall, Mackie, JET and hopefully Gladwin and hopefully Angella are/should be important players to this club in the medium term. Yes, bad signings too. Name me a club that ever makes 8 or 9 signings and they are all enormous successes.
Ramsey was the wrong appointment. It was a risk, it backfired, sadly. But suggestions that Les appointed him because he was black are offensive. LF had worked with Ramsey for a while - he liked him, he felt he could work with him, and crucially he felt he was an excellent coach who perhaps had not had the opportunities he deserved. I don't think I'd have picked Ramsey, but then I've never met or worked with him. But it went wrong - that happens and happens at pretty much every club on earth. We're hardly unique there.
So what *should* Les have done by now Blob? You know, in about 10 months of being in charge? How could we measure him a success or otherwise?

Well I would have thought there would have been an improvement,even an almost imperceptible frisson of change in atmosphere.But no,not for me.
I'm not projecting any sort of personal desolation save that when Ferdinand got appointed and plonked Ramsey down in the kiddie's chair.Oh I'm desolate now alright.
Please don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

sir les,what is your agenda? on 13:45 - Nov 22 with 2740 viewsThGrimRanger

sir les,what is your agenda? on 13:19 - Nov 22 by TheBlob

Well I would have thought there would have been an improvement,even an almost imperceptible frisson of change in atmosphere.But no,not for me.
I'm not projecting any sort of personal desolation save that when Ferdinand got appointed and plonked Ramsey down in the kiddie's chair.Oh I'm desolate now alright.
Please don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining.

Les feels extremely strongly about the lack of black managers, the rooney rule, etc and he's never shied away from sharing his thoughts on the issue.

If we do get JFH then anyone thinking his 2 appointments being black is purely coincidental is seriously deluded.

lets wait and see if it happens.

TheGrimRanger

sir les,what is your agenda? on 14:55 - Nov 22 with 2681 viewsPunteR

sir les,what is your agenda? on 13:45 - Nov 22 by ThGrimRanger

Les feels extremely strongly about the lack of black managers, the rooney rule, etc and he's never shied away from sharing his thoughts on the issue.

If we do get JFH then anyone thinking his 2 appointments being black is purely coincidental is seriously deluded.

So. Its not as if LF is picking any Black guy to manage us. If he thinks JFH can do a good job then what's the problem?
Lets say for arguments sake Kenny Jacket became available but Les went with JFH on the basis he's black,then I think that's a problem Imo, only because I think Jacket would do a better job. It would also be discrimination wouldn't it? Something LF is against in the first place.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

sir les,what is your agenda? on 15:26 - Nov 22 with 2627 viewsessextaxiboy

sir les,what is your agenda? on 12:47 - Nov 22 by Pommyhoop

That's about three times you've just come out and said it Dave.I got slaughtered for asking a question, putting it out there for discussion.
You're one cool dude Dave..

Fair play to both of you for highlighting it .

Watch out for it being dressed up as "ex Chelsea"

AS I have said before "at matches not on this forum"
sir les,what is your agenda? on 15:38 - Nov 22 with 2613 viewsWeaverQPR

sir les,what is your agenda? on 12:59 - Nov 22 by connell10

This season was always gonna be a write off , i dont get your point. Did you really think we would go back up, i mean REALLY??

With the squad we have I thought we would make a better fist if it yes.

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

sir les,what is your agenda? on 15:47 - Nov 22 with 2598 viewsQPR_Jim

sir les,what is your agenda? on 13:17 - Nov 22 by QPR1882

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9774656/qprs-director-of-football-l

Lets hope after the Ramsey debacle we get a manager for the right reasons

Why do you feel CR was appointed then? What wrong reasons, care to elaborate?

There were several people on this board calling for us to look at JFH as an option, so what's the problem? I don't particularly want JFH but the lack of suitable candidates available at the moment didn't stop the lynch mob and means we'll have to take a punt on somebody.
sir les,what is your agenda? on 15:48 - Nov 22 with 2596 viewsbrad

nadera 78, i respect your opinion,iv being goin to loftus rd since the 70s,and played with les in the late 70s,all i want to say is we need some one like N.W. at the moment if we r to survive this season,then bring in J.F.H in june with a clean slate,les is a legend at loftus rd and i am very happy to see him back,we had an unproven manager in chris ramsey,who is a very good coach,the club have alot to blame not bringing in an experienced asistance to help him.i would gladly get behind J.F.H,if he gets the job,also,this is the only forum i am on,its all about opinions!!
sir les,what is your agenda? on 15:54 - Nov 22 with 2586 viewsAntti_Heinola

sir les,what is your agenda? on 13:45 - Nov 22 by ThGrimRanger

Repellant bullsh!t.

Bare bones.

sir les,what is your agenda? on 16:13 - Nov 22 with 2566 viewsSimonJames

sir les,what is your agenda? on 15:48 - Nov 22 by brad

nadera 78, i respect your opinion,iv being goin to loftus rd since the 70s,and played with les in the late 70s,all i want to say is we need some one like N.W. at the moment if we r to survive this season,then bring in J.F.H in june with a clean slate,les is a legend at loftus rd and i am very happy to see him back,we had an unproven manager in chris ramsey,who is a very good coach,the club have alot to blame not bringing in an experienced asistance to help him.i would gladly get behind J.F.H,if he gets the job,also,this is the only forum i am on,its all about opinions!!

If memory serves me correctly, CR and LF started the season with the understanding that this season is to be one of consolidation and rebuilding. A mid table finish (pos 10-13) seemed the most likely outcome... and still does.

The wheels came off the Ramsey train primarily because Bungle decided to tear up the agenda and go for promotion.

If the powers that be still (foolishly) believe that promotion is a realistic aspiration then they will want to appoint someone that they think can deliver that; and I doubt that's NW.

Alternatively, if they already realise that they made yet another cock up (aka a Fernadisaster), they should stop worrying about promotion, get back to properly completing Plan A, and probably quietly apologise to CR for giving him a specific remit and then fcuking him over.

We will survive this season, not because NW, JFH or Joe Bloggs is the second coming, but because more than enough other teams in the division are complete cack.

100% of people who drink water will die.

sir les,what is your agenda? on 17:00 - Nov 22 with 2511 viewsconnell10

sir les,what is your agenda? on 15:38 - Nov 22 by WeaverQPR

With the squad we have I thought we would make a better fist if it yes.

Well mate, i think our so called great squad is really just a bunch of bang average players. Who are our really outstanding players apart from chaz who will get us up? Im scratching my head here as to why our fans thought this bunch of tat would get us anywhere near being promoted! Never has a team been so over hyped.

sir les,what is your agenda? on 17:05 - Nov 22 with 2502 viewsconnell10

sir les,what is your agenda? on 15:48 - Nov 22 by brad

BLIMEY are you bradley allen?????

sir les,what is your agenda? on 17:06 - Nov 22 with 2502 viewsNW5Hoop

People make it sound like Les was always trying to get Ramsey the manager's job.

Ramsey was asked to look after the team until the end of last season, which he did. He was then asked to hang on while the club went about finding the manager they wanted, which he did. The Man Who Can't Keep His Mouth Shut tweeted that he was on the brink of securing the "dream manager". Which he didn't. All the while, Ramsey just got on with it. Then — and only after Sherwood had decided he didn't want it, Clement had decided he didn't want it, and God knows who else because it didn't make the papers decided they didn't want it — Ramsey was given the job on a low expectations brief. Because there was no one else left.

All the while, with The Man Who Can't Keep His Mouth Shut changing targets and expectations whenever the wind changed direction or he saw a silver Ford Focus go past, Ferdinand and Ramsey didn't moan or gripe. They just got on with things.

Yes, they're the villains here.
sir les,what is your agenda? on 17:16 - Nov 22 with 2278 viewsQPR1882

sir les,what is your agenda? on 17:06 - Nov 22 by NW5Hoop

People make it sound like Les was always trying to get Ramsey the manager's job.

Ramsey was asked to look after the team until the end of last season, which he did. He was then asked to hang on while the club went about finding the manager they wanted, which he did. The Man Who Can't Keep His Mouth Shut tweeted that he was on the brink of securing the "dream manager". Which he didn't. All the while, Ramsey just got on with it. Then — and only after Sherwood had decided he didn't want it, Clement had decided he didn't want it, and God knows who else because it didn't make the papers decided they didn't want it — Ramsey was given the job on a low expectations brief. Because there was no one else left.

All the while, with The Man Who Can't Keep His Mouth Shut changing targets and expectations whenever the wind changed direction or he saw a silver Ford Focus go past, Ferdinand and Ramsey didn't moan or gripe. They just got on with things.

You know all this for sure do you ? Because apart from Sherwood there was nothing from the club at all about who we had contacted / interviewed, it was all paper talk, bit like the 100 or so that come up in the papers now. For all we know the club may have earmarked CR for the job from the start.
sir les,what is your agenda? on 17:20 - Nov 22 with 2274 viewsSomersetHoops

Appointing CR and failing to get sufficient back up for Austin are two big errors from LF that will more than likely mean the season is a write off.

CR was doing what he was asked to until big mouth started putting values on our players that we needed to go. Because Austin and Phillips didn't go no funds were released for replacements. None of that was the fault of LF and results since the sacking of Ramsey point to him not being the problem. The problem now and before is TF and unless he learns to keep out of things he doesn't understand always will be. Three managerial and several massive team changes have made no difference to our low success rate - its time to look at the constant during this time of failure. He always says and I've always hoped that he would learn, but the evidence seems to suggest he is incapable of it.

Who's Next?

sir les,what is your agenda? on 17:37 - Nov 22 with 2242 viewsWeaverQPR

Keeping hold of Austin and letting his value decrease seems more ludicrous every week

@WeavQPR

sir les,what is your agenda? on 17:40 - Nov 22 with 2230 viewsJamie

sir les,what is your agenda? on 17:37 - Nov 22 by WeaverQPR

Keeping hold of Austin and letting his value decrease seems more ludicrous every week

He didn't want to go. What could the club do?
sir les,what is your agenda? on 17:44 - Nov 22 with 2229 views2Thomas2Bowles

sir les,what is your agenda? on 17:06 - Nov 22 by NW5Hoop

Rubbish
CR was putting himself forward from the moment he was took charge, in every interview.
LF must have been backing him throughout that time, it would be daft to think otherwise.
I doubt LF considered anyone else, that's a major fail on his part as DOF

This was long before any talk of consolidation
[Post edited 22 Nov 2015 17:58]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

sir les,what is your agenda? on 17:52 - Nov 22 with 2211 viewsvegasranger

sir les,what is your agenda? on 09:57 - Nov 22 by TheBlob

But what has he actually done Paul?We're just more divided and rudderless than ever.
It's that dangerous thing - a beloved player coming back to the alma mater but in another capacity,you stand to lose all the love that has been accumulated.Gerry Francis nearly found that out eventually.

This for me. I'm going to treat Sir Les like I do Ray Wilkins. Just remember what a brilliant player we has for us. He was never known as being too smart and really hasn't done a good job. The squad is , old , slow and unbalanced just like last season. Gladwin is back at Swindon, Poulter doesn't seem to rated by anyone. JET is a loose cannon and we have two slow old full backs. Nice job !!
sir les,what is your agenda? on 18:07 - Nov 22 with 2177 viewsWeaverQPR

sir les,what is your agenda? on 17:40 - Nov 22 by Jamie

He didn't want to go. What could the club do?

Knock a few mil off I'm sure there would of been more interest.

@WeavQPR

sir les,what is your agenda? on 18:10 - Nov 22 with 2167 viewsJamie

sir les,what is your agenda? on 18:07 - Nov 22 by WeaverQPR

Knock a few mil off I'm sure there would of been more interest.

But once again, he didn't want to go. If Saints had shown some serious interest, chances are a deal would've been sorted, but they didn't.
sir les,what is your agenda? on 18:19 - Nov 22 with 2152 viewsPunteR

sir les,what is your agenda? on 17:44 - Nov 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Rubbish
CR was putting himself forward from the moment he was took charge, in every interview.
LF must have been backing him throughout that time, it would be daft to think otherwise.
I doubt LF considered anyone else, that's a major fail on his part as DOF

This was long before any talk of consolidation
[Post edited 22 Nov 2015 17:58]

Rubbish.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

sir les,what is your agenda? on 18:46 - Nov 22 with 2101 viewsloftus77

I think you're probably right. But I can actually accept this season is a write-off as long as the cost of that write-off is not League One football next season.

Which, I guess, is the worry for most.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024