Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ospreys vs Scarlets 15:09 - Mar 26 with 5462 viewsJackfath

On now SS1.

Stadium barely half full. COnsidering this is billed as one of the great rugby rivalries in the WORLD (source Sky sports commentator) then it is simply tragic.

I am waiting for them to start blaming the weather.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 15:15 - Mar 26 with 3742 viewsCooperman

Very low turn out by Scarlets fans.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 15:46 - Mar 26 with 3698 viewstomdickharry

A minority sport who's popularity is underpinned by the media especially in Wales.
Ospreys vs Scarlets on 16:20 - Mar 26 with 3649 viewsdickythorpe

Not the worst game I've ever seen but some poor skills on show.
Ospreys vs Scarlets on 16:25 - Mar 26 with 3635 viewsjack247

I'm watching it and can't really get into it. Even though, if you take away all the razzmatazz, it's more entertaining than most Wales games. Regional rugby just doesn't capture the public imagination for some reason.
Ospreys vs Scarlets on 16:49 - Mar 26 with 3606 viewsdickythorpe

Ospreys can have no complaints, butchered some chances and really need to shake up the coaching set up.
Ospreys vs Scarlets on 16:50 - Mar 26 with 3604 viewsmonmouth

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 16:25 - Mar 26 by jack247

I'm watching it and can't really get into it. Even though, if you take away all the razzmatazz, it's more entertaining than most Wales games. Regional rugby just doesn't capture the public imagination for some reason.

I find it almost insulting that so called international players -in any sport - can't even do the basic skills. Itonly has any excitement because the skillsets are so poor.

I wish the Swans had a game. Fecking friendly shite.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 16:53 - Mar 26 with 3587 viewsraynor94

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 15:46 - Mar 26 by tomdickharry

A minority sport who's popularity is underpinned by the media especially in Wales.

More people watch greyhound racing than rugby union, and as they say that's a fact!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 09:01 - Mar 27 with 3448 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 16:53 - Mar 26 by raynor94

More people watch greyhound racing than rugby union, and as they say that's a fact!

We'll if you don't like it why spoil a thread for those that do? Or in some cases are so intellectually advanced they can enjoy Football and Rugby?

Anyway, watching the early exchanges and especially the first try it looked like the Scarlett could have been on for a heavy beating but the Ospreys contrived to give the game away. Dreadfully poor scrum, poor decision making and appalling handling skills saw them cough up possession time after time. Even a side as limited as the Scarlets wasn't going to miss an open goal like the home side presented to them. An English Premiership side would have stuck 60 on the Ospreys yesterday.

As for the Scarlets, their offload game was excellent , their scrum very good and their ability to steal Osprey ball as well as keep their own well protected gave them a deserved first win in 6 years at the liberty stadium.

A note of caution though, for those among their support who think they're now the Man Utd of Welsh rugby - they're far from that.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 09:33 - Mar 27 with 3411 viewsdgt73

Billed as one of rugbys great rivalries ? Well that's rubbish for a start. Regional rugby hasn't been around that long.
The regional rugby structure in Wales does not help in getting people through the turnstiles - as every yr all the top players disappear for the six nations - imagine that happening in football and with the Swans, people would soon get pi$$ed off watching u-21 and reserve team players.
Rugby is still a Fantastic sport

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 09:34 - Mar 27 with 3400 viewsdgt73

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 15:46 - Mar 26 by tomdickharry

Rubbish

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 09:40 - Mar 27 with 3383 viewsjack247

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 09:01 - Mar 27 by Brynmill_Jack

We'll if you don't like it why spoil a thread for those that do? Or in some cases are so intellectually advanced they can enjoy Football and Rugby?

Anyway, watching the early exchanges and especially the first try it looked like the Scarlett could have been on for a heavy beating but the Ospreys contrived to give the game away. Dreadfully poor scrum, poor decision making and appalling handling skills saw them cough up possession time after time. Even a side as limited as the Scarlets wasn't going to miss an open goal like the home side presented to them. An English Premiership side would have stuck 60 on the Ospreys yesterday.

As for the Scarlets, their offload game was excellent , their scrum very good and their ability to steal Osprey ball as well as keep their own well protected gave them a deserved first win in 6 years at the liberty stadium.

A note of caution though, for those among their support who think they're now the Man Utd of Welsh rugby - they're far from that.

Spot on. Enjoying rugby doesn't make you less of a Swans fan.
Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:02 - Mar 27 with 3356 viewsJackfath

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 09:40 - Mar 27 by jack247

Spot on. Enjoying rugby doesn't make you less of a Swans fan.

I am unsure how anyone can "enjoy" what the Ospreys serve up week after week. It's dire rugby.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:05 - Mar 27 with 3347 viewsdgt73

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:02 - Mar 27 by Jackfath

I am unsure how anyone can "enjoy" what the Ospreys serve up week after week. It's dire rugby.

It is, but you could have said the same about watching the Swans in the past.

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:05 - Mar 27 with 3347 viewsWhiterockin

Probably why the attendance is so low.
Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:06 - Mar 27 with 3342 viewsjack247

Yet thousands seem to love Wales games.
Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:09 - Mar 27 with 3334 viewsJackfath

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:06 - Mar 27 by jack247

Yet thousands seem to love Wales games.

Indeed. The focus is not on the Regions but the national team. The polar opposite to Football.

I am not sure whether the regions will ever truly take off. A crying shame.

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:13 - Mar 27 with 3326 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 09:34 - Mar 27 by dgt73

Rubbish

Not so. From grass route level upwards football has more support in Wales. True the international attendance, although falling, is still very good but I would suggest the occasion is the attraction rather than the sport. Much like Ladies Day at Ascot.
It has more support in Wales than most countries but there is no denying it is a minority sport in comparison to worldwide sports and gets more than its fair share of coverage by the Cardiff media.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:13 - Mar 27 with 3325 viewsjack247

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:09 - Mar 27 by Jackfath

Indeed. The focus is not on the Regions but the national team. The polar opposite to Football.

I am not sure whether the regions will ever truly take off. A crying shame.

Agree completely.
Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:15 - Mar 27 with 3310 viewsdgt73

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:13 - Mar 27 by Private_Partz

Not so. From grass route level upwards football has more support in Wales. True the international attendance, although falling, is still very good but I would suggest the occasion is the attraction rather than the sport. Much like Ladies Day at Ascot.
It has more support in Wales than most countries but there is no denying it is a minority sport in comparison to worldwide sports and gets more than its fair share of coverage by the Cardiff media.

What worldwide sports ? Rugby is still a major sport in Wales

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:22 - Mar 27 with 3298 viewsjack247

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:13 - Mar 27 by Private_Partz

Rugby pales in comparison with football in Wales, but it is far from a minority sport here. What other sport would you get 12,000 people turning up to watch? The thing that grates me about it is the six nations and AI games sell out the millennium, but where are those people every week. I suppose that the reverse was true for football until recently.

Worldwide, I'd agree, it is a minority sport.
Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:26 - Mar 27 with 3290 viewsdickythorpe

Time to get rid of the coaching set up, it's gone stale as have certain players
Bring the youngsters of the under 20's ALL in, they are ready now.
Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:32 - Mar 27 with 3279 viewsraynor94

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:22 - Mar 27 by jack247

Rugby pales in comparison with football in Wales, but it is far from a minority sport here. What other sport would you get 12,000 people turning up to watch? The thing that grates me about it is the six nations and AI games sell out the millennium, but where are those people every week. I suppose that the reverse was true for football until recently.

Worldwide, I'd agree, it is a minority sport.

I think PP summed it up perfectly, the six nations games are attractions, whereas Swansea on a wet Saturday afternoon isn't, regional rugby just doesn't work, they have taken the tribalism away

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:52 - Mar 27 with 3251 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:15 - Mar 27 by dgt73

What worldwide sports ? Rugby is still a major sport in Wales

There are about 6 countries that play the Union game to a high level. Make that a dozen if you lump in Rugby League.
Rugby is a major sport in Wales. Much like Curling in Ireland. It is still a minority sport world wide and should take its place behind football when it comes to media coverage. It is the case in England. Not in Wales however even though it is not our national sport and I doubt it ever has been. We have just been more successful at it but this is due to the lack of competition world wide unfortunately.
IMHO of course ;-)
[Post edited 27 Mar 2016 11:04]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:58 - Mar 27 with 3237 viewsdickythorpe

The ospreys forum is in meltdown.
Ospreys vs Scarlets on 11:09 - Mar 27 with 3213 viewsmax936

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 10:58 - Mar 27 by dickythorpe

The ospreys forum is in meltdown.

I only saw the 2nd half, but the Scarlets looked much the better side for me, Whitehouse is as bad as his father was as a ref to, terrible he was clueless at scrum time.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024