Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) 09:17 - Feb 28 with 14097 viewsAtThePeake

Match Preview: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/52071/match-preview-portsmo

Played For Both: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/52065/played-for-both-ports

Refwatch: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/52067/refwatch-portsmouth-v

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 15:17 - Feb 29 with 2321 views49thseason

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 14:09 - Feb 29 by scarrow

Sunderland a 3-0 which could have been 6
Portsmouth a 3-0 which was an undeserved 3-0 in fact Dale probably deserved something from the game

Passing was mixed up, attacking play was better up to the finish.

Key moments for me - Hendo's poor lob come chip
Conceding when down to 10
Lund's header - 6 inches either side and it's level
Quality of substitutes.

Unfortunately they have a quality 18 and didn't even bring Pitman on and we brought on a striker with no goals in the last 15-16 months

We actually brought on two strikers with 1 goal between them all season and that in the League Cup v Carlisle . Between them Andrew and Done have nearly 400 appearances and just 47 goals between them, the equivalent of about 5.5 a season. Done may be slightly less culpable because he played wingback fior a while, but still a poor return for seasoned professionals.
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:04 - Feb 29 with 2215 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 15:17 - Feb 29 by 49thseason

We actually brought on two strikers with 1 goal between them all season and that in the League Cup v Carlisle . Between them Andrew and Done have nearly 400 appearances and just 47 goals between them, the equivalent of about 5.5 a season. Done may be slightly less culpable because he played wingback fior a while, but still a poor return for seasoned professionals.

In fairness to Calvin, he didn't get a great deal of time to make an impact last night. That he is even seen as a viable option is a sad state of affairs though. I thought Wilbraham had a decent game but tired visibly in the second half and although Tyler Smith has looked owt special to me when I've seen him, it was strange that he was omitted from the squad entirely.
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:06 - Feb 29 with 2210 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:04 - Feb 29 by richfoad32

In fairness to Calvin, he didn't get a great deal of time to make an impact last night. That he is even seen as a viable option is a sad state of affairs though. I thought Wilbraham had a decent game but tired visibly in the second half and although Tyler Smith has looked owt special to me when I've seen him, it was strange that he was omitted from the squad entirely.

As tweeted by the club today, he was involved in a car accident on Thursday and was left out as a precaution.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:11 - Feb 29 with 2191 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Talking of gone missing......twitter said last week that Olly Rathboni missed out on the Cov shambles by being marginally not fit......what has happened since then?
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:12 - Feb 29 with 2184 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:06 - Feb 29 by TVOS1907

As tweeted by the club today, he was involved in a car accident on Thursday and was left out as a precaution.

Ah right, thanks. Hope the lad is alright.
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:13 - Feb 29 with 2177 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:11 - Feb 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

Talking of gone missing......twitter said last week that Olly Rathboni missed out on the Cov shambles by being marginally not fit......what has happened since then?

Not sure who you're referring to, but Oliver Rathbone is obviously still not fit.

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:14 - Feb 29 with 2165 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:12 - Feb 29 by richfoad32

Ah right, thanks. Hope the lad is alright.

Seconded, and i owe him an apology by implying he might've had a strop due to being left out

Useful of the club to tweet today, helps stop speculation

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:26 - Feb 29 with 2114 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 15:17 - Feb 29 by 49thseason

I see Danny Rowe has notched twice for the Latics today. If they're supposedly in so much financial strife it's puzzling how they were able to land him when there must've been other clubs sniffing around when he made it clear he wanted to leave Fylde. It's possible that the National League/League 2 is his natural ceiling but I think he could've done a job for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:33 - Feb 29 with 2086 viewsrichfoad32

AFC Wombles winning and MK drawing, not a great day so far.
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:37 - Feb 29 with 2056 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:33 - Feb 29 by richfoad32

AFC Wombles winning and MK drawing, not a great day so far.

But points-wise, the gap to Tranmere hasn't changed, even if the position has.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 16:38]

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:51 - Feb 29 with 2022 viewsD_Alien

Equalizer for Gillingham

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:55 - Feb 29 with 1997 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:51 - Feb 29 by D_Alien

Equalizer for Gillingham

Then concede

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 17:05 - Feb 29 with 1958 viewsinthenet

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:55 - Feb 29 by D_Alien

Then concede

This is what no investment does hovering over the trapdooy

Rastrickblue

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 17:56 - Feb 29 with 1902 viewssince58

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 17:05 - Feb 29 by inthenet

This is what no investment does hovering over the trapdooy

Investing in the wrong players is why were over the trapdoor.
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 18:58 - Feb 29 with 1804 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 10:40 - Feb 29 by jonahwhereru

Refreshing that most of the highlights were focused on our attacks. Rare for that to be the case this season.
Hope this run of having to use substitutes in the first half comes to an end.
By most accounts we played quite well against a quality team. What I like about BBM is that he is willing to go for it fairly early when we are losing. KH was often to slow to react to a game changer. Murphy had to replace Morley when he fouled again after being booked. Having Alby, Hendo, Done and Andrew on the pitch for the last 15 minutes is testament to his have a go approach. After all Alex Ferguson once said every manager goes 4 upfront when they are losing with only minutes left. So often that Kitchen Sink approach can lead to a bigger loss. So be it.
I have already posted the revised odds for relegation, Tranmere are 1/7 for a reason.
The table is right we are not a bottom 3 team. Just hope the anxiety some supports are apparently feeling does not affect the team.
UTD

I feel anxious , not sure how that transfers to the team, I still turn up and support them. If we lose to tranmere, which is quite likely those odds will change massively, and the gap After Saturday could be only 4 pts if we lose to Rotherham (likely) and they win at Accy( not that far fetched). They also play their game in hand before we play them. Squeaky bum time soon I fear, unless someone finds their scoring boots.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 19:03 - Feb 29 with 1799 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 18:58 - Feb 29 by rochdaleriddler

I feel anxious , not sure how that transfers to the team, I still turn up and support them. If we lose to tranmere, which is quite likely those odds will change massively, and the gap After Saturday could be only 4 pts if we lose to Rotherham (likely) and they win at Accy( not that far fetched). They also play their game in hand before we play them. Squeaky bum time soon I fear, unless someone finds their scoring boots.

As posted elsewhere, before we play Tranmere, they play three and we play one.

Then, in one crucial week, it's Dale v Tranmere, Wimbledon v Tranmere and Dale v Wimbledon.

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 20:43 - Feb 29 with 1701 viewsjudd

Slightly off at a tangent but I saw the team coach heading towards Spotland about 3pm today. I know it went down to Portsmouth on Thursday, so do we presume a 2 night stay?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 20:51 - Feb 29 with 1680 viewsShun

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 18:58 - Feb 29 by rochdaleriddler

Why is it quite likely that we’ll lose to Tranmere?
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 22:06 - Feb 29 with 1591 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 20:43 - Feb 29 by judd

Slightly off at a tangent but I saw the team coach heading towards Spotland about 3pm today. I know it went down to Portsmouth on Thursday, so do we presume a 2 night stay?

On Facebook today there were 2 Dale fans supposedly heading to Portsmouth to watch the game? Not sure if it was genuine or not.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 22:46 - Feb 29 with 1534 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 20:51 - Feb 29 by Shun

Why is it quite likely that we’ll lose to Tranmere?

Because we can’t keep a clean sheet, and we struggle to score?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 23:33 - Feb 29 with 1451 viewsShun

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 22:46 - Feb 29 by rochdaleriddler

Because we can’t keep a clean sheet, and we struggle to score?

We’ve scored more than them and conceded less. If we faced them tomorrow we’d be favourites, as we most likely will be when we do play. There’s a reason they’ve been in the bottom 3 all season.
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 11:19 - Mar 1 with 1193 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 16:26 - Feb 29 by richfoad32

I see Danny Rowe has notched twice for the Latics today. If they're supposedly in so much financial strife it's puzzling how they were able to land him when there must've been other clubs sniffing around when he made it clear he wanted to leave Fylde. It's possible that the National League/League 2 is his natural ceiling but I think he could've done a job for us.

From what I've seen of him he is undoubtedly prolific and has an eye for goal but he is one of those strikers who needs constant service to keep scoring and misses lots of chances. Very greedy and lazy too. Given that we famously don't provide much service, I think he'd have really struggled with us.

He'd also only scored once for Oldham before yesterday, I don't think he was ever the answer for us.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 15:36 - Mar 1 with 1078 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 23:33 - Feb 29 by Shun

We’ve scored more than them and conceded less. If we faced them tomorrow we’d be favourites, as we most likely will be when we do play. There’s a reason they’ve been in the bottom 3 all season.

I know, it’s just my natural pessimism with Dale, I always look at fixtures and fear the worst

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024