Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First Ever Saints Game 11:21 - Aug 22 with 5023 viewsSaintNick

What was everyone's first ever live game watching Saints.

Mine was January 15th 1972 Manchester United at the Dell in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup 1-1 draw., Bobby Charlton scored for them and Jimmy Gabriel for us, some big names of the 60's & 70's on the pitch that day.

Stepney, Kidd, Morgan, Best, Charlton, Sadler & Law were United greats but when you looked at the other players you could see why they where in decline

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

First Ever Saints Game on 10:44 - Aug 24 with 676 viewsHeisenberg

1969. Saints 5 Chelsea 0. I was 9 years old and everyone in my family said it won't be like that every week. Never a truer word was spoken.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

First Ever Saints Game on 12:44 - Aug 24 with 627 viewsChesham_Saint

April 1971. As a schoolboy I saw Saints lose 0-2 to West Ham under the lights from the West Stand. I was a neutral at the time and was at school in portsmouth (but was never a skate). I still remember how stunningly green the pitch was and the atmosphere. It didn't take me long to get hooked after that.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

First Ever Saints Game on 14:14 - Aug 24 with 594 viewsSalisburySaint

According to my Dad, it was 9-3 win v Wolves 1965, when I was 6

I can’t remember anything about that game, but can remember later in the season going to Bristol City away game at Easter by coach, we win 1-0, mind you I was 7 by then !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024