Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football is sh1t part 2 19:12 - Nov 19 with 2470 viewsMattnme

A few weeks ago I wrote part 1 of this thread. I was amazed by how many people agreed with me. Part 2 is still very much an incoherant rant but here goes.
Living a 100 miles away but with my Mum living in London I either travel up the day before and go home after the game or stay up and go home the next day. This week it was the former.
On Friday after chatting with my Mum for a couple of hours I met a few of my friends and had a bloody good beer session. Saturday morning with a sore head but happy I had a couple more hours with my Mum before setting off to meet some friends for the start of football day. Usual drill, cafe and then a few pints. For sometime I have often said I could quite easily do the visit, cafe, stay in the pub and go home when the match starts. We all know what followed in the game but for me it was almost rammed downed my throat why I had felt like this for so long.
On 40 minutes I went to drain some more built up fluid from my body Chatting to one of the blokes from the pub I said "I can see me leaving very early today" "When" came the response. "Probably as soon as we go 2 down" I took my seat and within a minute 2 nil. "I don't need this I'd rather catch an early train. See you all later" I said to my friends. None of them looked surprised as I left before halftime. I heard the boo's as I turned into Uxbridge Road.
Conclusion, I need my Mum and I need my friends but football not at all. I just don't enjoy it but as I've said before not because we're bad, I'm a QPR that's what we've alway been barring the odd moment, but everything that goes with it.
Football is sh1t part 2 on 19:17 - Nov 19 with 2458 viewsPinnerPaul

Sort of related

I refereed an U13s match on Sunday, nothing special, local League cup match,standard not particularly high but there was more effort from the players,managers and parents,more love for the game and more passion than I saw on Saturday.

4-2 was the final score and did the losing team give up? - nope, still trying, still being urged on by their manager and parents right to the very end.
Football is sh1t part 2 on 19:21 - Nov 19 with 2450 viewsklr

Nothing incoherent about that, completely agree.

For me, I'll always love QPR, but hate all this, feel about as much for the players as they feel for our club, money is too tight for me to put a pretty penny in any of this lot's back pockets & even if I was loaded I'd feel the same, the flame has gone out for me.

There are many great sports out there, there are many other options than just football, f*ck 'em
Football is sh1t part 2 on 19:36 - Nov 19 with 2413 viewsmacclesfieldman

I have to agree with you all. After 37 yrs of QPR ruling my life and close to a 1,000 matches (travelling from Manchester & Belgium for the majority of that time) I just don't love football any more. My reasons:
- footballers are vastly overpaid
- ticket prices and Sky TV are too expensive
- I cant stand the cheating, if someone is coughed on in the penalty area they drop down like a sniper has got them
- Odious characters like John Terry, Ashley Cole & Ashley Young are millionairres
- FIFA is corupt
- Italian football is corupt
- In 2012 a "Goal" that crosses the line can be missed and not given, making the result a farce. If Criket, Tennis & Rugby can use technology, why can't football.

I hope I get my love back but at the moment I just don't care if we stay up or are relegated, if England qualify for the WC or not.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Football is sh1t part 2 on 19:50 - Nov 19 with 2399 viewsessextaxiboy

Mattnme, I agreed with your first rant because it was about modern football in general but I dont agree with this one .

I like you enjoy the whole matchday experience , nothing like sitting on the train with a beer on a sunny Autumn lunchtime, meeting my boys , them fleecing me for lunch and off to the game .

But for me the football is the most important thing , I was brought up at a time when you got into the ground an hour before the start to get a decent spot . I cant stand it when people around me turn up late whether the kick of is at 3pm 5pm or 1245am always fckin late .

I have never left the game early Last Saturday I sat with my face in my hands most of the second half but I stuck it out because I want to see it warts and all .

If it gives you a reason to see your mum its worth sticking with though eh?
Football is sh1t part 2 on 19:51 - Nov 19 with 2389 viewsderbyhoop

I cannot justify a S/T when I know, because of work commiments, I will miss too many games. But, last season, I managed to get to 8 Rangers games. As things stand I'm not convinced I will add to the 2 I've been to this season. OK, work means I'd struggle anyway but I'm not sure I can be a***d. Most of the players aren't, so why should I.

I suspect I'm not alone and even with 10,000 ST holders and 3000 away fans, I can see a number of the remaining home games being played in front of empty seats.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Football is sh1t part 2 on 20:45 - Nov 19 with 2346 viewsSomersetHoops

I have a season ticket and normally only go to weekend games at home or closer to here. I've always felt the ST was a committment to being part of the club. Recently I just haven't felt like going and feel that Hughes is destroying our club. It seems sad to me that I am so disaffected by QPR when we have the best owner that we have had for years.

Its not so much that we don't win - I've seen enough of that over the years. Its that Hughes' managerial performance both tactically and in assessing players is so poor when he has had more resources than any manager in our club's history. I can't understand why the owners allow it to continue. Some of the players he has introduced do not appear to be motivated and I can never remember in many years of supporting QPR a group of players who look less like a team than this lot. Yet nothing appears to being done to address the problem.

Who's Next?

Football is sh1t part 2 on 20:46 - Nov 19 with 2341 viewsTacticalR

So it's not just Bobby Zamora then?

Air hostess clique

Football is sh1t part 2 on 20:55 - Nov 19 with 2319 viewsTGRRRSSS

Bobbyt Zamora isn't spending thousands a year to do it, he's being PAID thousands a WEEK
Login to get fewer ads

Football is sh1t part 2 on 21:03 - Nov 19 with 2311 viewsHollowayRanger

football means very little to me in realaity win or lose tomorrows another day and my life just goes on there are far far more important things going on

that doesnt mean i dont enjoy going 29-30 years and counting now and if im fit and alive i'll still be going in another 30 years but when we win i feel great for a couple of hours when we lose i feel down for a couple of hours thats all only thing that changes that are friends and mates at work who will all have a dig which re triggers the down feeling for another 1/2 hour or so each time

but no football means very little if we do get religeted which i fully expect im not worried 1 bit as i enjoy the challenge of promotion dont get me wrong rather be safe in prem for a feew more years first at least but i did tire of it last time round

just hope it doesnt take another 15 years to find another warnock

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Football is sh1t part 2 on 22:45 - Nov 19 with 2258 viewsklr

Football is sh1t part 2 on 21:03 - Nov 19 by HollowayRanger

football means very little to me in realaity win or lose tomorrows another day and my life just goes on there are far far more important things going on

that doesnt mean i dont enjoy going 29-30 years and counting now and if im fit and alive i'll still be going in another 30 years but when we win i feel great for a couple of hours when we lose i feel down for a couple of hours thats all only thing that changes that are friends and mates at work who will all have a dig which re triggers the down feeling for another 1/2 hour or so each time

but no football means very little if we do get religeted which i fully expect im not worried 1 bit as i enjoy the challenge of promotion dont get me wrong rather be safe in prem for a feew more years first at least but i did tire of it last time round

just hope it doesnt take another 15 years to find another warnock

If we win, I tend to feel / walk a lot taller, almost a bit of a swagger & the blood & adrenalin is pumping.

If we lose, If we lose like we did on saturday, then the feeling, a bad feeling, an ill feeling lasts a lot lot longer, infact I'm still feeling it now.

I think you feel it a lot more emotionally when we lose, I think we all secretly like it as well, not the losing, but the maelstrom of emotions it releases, its like some kind of addiction or fetish that "big club" football fans will never understand.
Football is sh1t part 2 on 22:52 - Nov 19 with 2251 viewsMrSheen

Not just here...if Brazilian football can't draw the crowds, the game must have problems.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20392339
Football is sh1t part 2 on 23:04 - Nov 19 with 2233 viewsToast_R

I didn't go on Saturday, sold my season ticket back to the club and I'm f@cking glad of it.

Will continue to sell each match back if I don't fancy it until Hughes is gone. Complete c@nt what he's done to this club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024