Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Granero 10:24 - May 30 with 7002 viewsTheBlob

What are your thoughts on a potential return?I thought he had a definite touch of class,maybe he was just caught up in the general dressing room malaise of the time.I'd give him another shot personally.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/esteban-granero-eyes

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Granero on 19:13 - May 30 with 1481 viewsted_hendrix

He's older-wiser and we have better blokes in the dressing room now compared to when he was last here.
I'd have him back in a flash, always rated him.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Granero on 19:41 - May 30 with 1427 viewsgigiisourgod

A quality player, who if used right, could give us a healthy option in the midfield department.
Granero on 19:57 - May 30 with 1411 viewsbarbicanranger

Granero on 11:03 - May 30 by BAWHoops

As I said he is our player and worth having a second look at.
'Arry seemed to insinuate that he liked him and was reluctant to let him go earlier this season.

That CM position next to Joey is vital, we need someone with pace and energy as Joey doesn't really have that. Similar to Henderson at Liverpool.

Currently our CM's are looking likely to be Barton, Henry, Faurlin, Granero which is all a bit one paced for me.
I'd love us to look at Holtby who I think has bags of energy and works hard. He can also do a job behind a front man if needed

Thought it was interesting to hear Nay dum's comments on the open all Rs podcast (I think it was). Opened a different perspective to the view I had cemented in my mind of the good types and bad types dynamic during our relegation season. Sounds like Mackie, Derry and Co didn't exactly make it easy for the new boys who came in. I guess it was never going to be an easy situation or period for the club but I think coming out of that time and being able to reflect, with mackie and co having moved on, I think we do now have a better balance and less disparity between the bottom end and the top end of our squad and I hope that means we'll be more settled this time around and will be able to add more sensibly and integrate players more quickly. I think we do now have a much stronger squad of players than we had when we last got promoted.

Regards Granero, I'm not sure - on one side I would love him to work out cause I think there is a solid player in there for a side like us but then he did have some woeful performances for us - MK Dons in the FA Cup springs to mind and I got a little tired or his misplaced passes and looking like he was in a different gear to everyone else. I think if you did play him he would have to be central and I'm not sure him and Barton would be quick enough for a central pairing so you'd have to play Joey on the right and get an engine in the middle to go with Granero. Unless you load the midfield, which I imagine we'll end up doing.
Granero on 20:32 - May 30 with 1375 viewsTacticalR

Granero tended to fold against teams lower down the league (such as West Ham and Villa) - the very teams that we needed to win points against. Let's face it - the princelings of Real Madrid's youth system were not groomed to play against such crude fellows as Mohamed Diamé and Carlton Cole.

Air hostess clique

Granero on 20:39 - May 30 with 1355 viewsBilly_Kershaw

He's ours, he cost us a huge transfer fee, still costs us huge wages, is coming back from injury...

Fresh start, let's see what he can do. Hopefully he will want to prove himself and will find a different atmosphere in the dressing room now...

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

Granero on 20:43 - May 30 with 1345 views08olesen

Granero on 16:11 - May 30 by RBlock

And if the situation occurs where Adel leaves, Ravel stays at West Ham, than what? Granero just infront of Faurlin and Barton could create chances. Or a conventional 433 with Barton in the centre, Faurlin just to the left, Granero the right. This would be a possession based team though, and I agree with you that we need consistency in style. That is the most important thing.

If we dont get either Ravel or Taarabt then i think we will be in for a season with very few goals, who else will score a part from Austin and maybe Phillips?

After watching that EDS game and us play all year, it is clear that we dont have a swift attacking mentality throughout the club. Everything looks very labored, so will Granero actually help that much because there is nobody quick running on to the passes through the middle that we hope he would provide and he inst the quickest himself. If it is a case of getting the ball to the wings and hoping for the best, then i dont see why carroll would not be a better option for a lot less money.

I hope i dont sound contradictory because i like Granero, but there is no way he can be the main flair player in the CAM role because he just doesnt have that Adel edge when everyone gets excited hoping he is gonna make somebody look like and idiot and then play an amazing pass through (like Villa away). Maybe i am bias, i just dont want to see that CAM role taken up by someone who isnt Ravel or Adel because i love that anticipation when one of those two gets the ball.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Granero on 22:28 - May 30 with 1271 viewsPommyhoop

Granero on 19:13 - May 30 by ted_hendrix

He's older-wiser and we have better blokes in the dressing room now compared to when he was last here.
I'd have him back in a flash, always rated him.

This ^^^..He's already ours.
Choice between him and Parker or Joe Cole?? I know who I'd pick....

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Granero on 12:11 - May 31 with 1177 viewsLazyFan

He plays like Wilkins and passes side ways a lot.
Thats not what we need.

We need another player like Barton who will graft and control the midfield. This will prevent teams from over running us.

He maybe ours, but every one of those 25 player spots needs to be carefully selected for. We cannot have any vanity selections. They must be selected to avoid relegation. That means winning against the lesser teams, as that is the only way to stay up.

Otherwise we shall end up like Norwich outside the relegation spot with 5 games to go, but all of those 5 games against the top sides and thus they went down.

Granero won't keep us up. He's a luxery we cannot afford. We do not need midfielders. We need a whole new back 4, 3 strikers and 2 wingers. That is what we need.

After that we can think about any other players.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Granero on 12:30 - May 31 with 1158 viewsWeaverQPR

If he was in a more fottballing side he would be a revelation. Hopefully we can be that team this time round.

@WeavQPR

Granero on 12:32 - May 31 with 1153 viewsTacticalR

Yes, Granero was a symbol of our attempt to create a team out of Big Team B players. He was one of those who was too small to beat the big teams and too big to beat the small teams.

Air hostess clique

Granero on 12:48 - May 31 with 1126 viewsJamie

Yesterday's man. We'll sign a couple of nearly identical, older players whilst loaning Granero out yet again.
[Post edited 31 May 2014 12:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024