Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading Highlights 10:41 - Aug 3 with 3816 viewsJonTheJack

Reading Highlights on 11:05 - Aug 3 with 3740 viewsItchySphincter

Thanks.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Reading Highlights on 11:57 - Aug 3 with 3639 viewsFlashberryjack

Reading Highlights on 11:05 - Aug 3 by ItchySphincter

Thanks.

Thanks for that Jon..........BTW the website is going guns.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Reading Highlights on 12:05 - Aug 3 with 3607 viewssully49

It was great to see us taking shots at goal from 25/30 yards. Thanks for blogging this.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Reading Highlights on 12:09 - Aug 3 with 3588 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Gomis looking the dogs bollocks already, and Monterro.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Reading Highlights on 12:12 - Aug 3 with 3577 viewsexiledclaseboy

Reading Highlights on 12:09 - Aug 3 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Montero's pace is apparently something to behold. Can't wait to see him in action.

Poll: Tory leader

Reading Highlights on 12:14 - Aug 3 with 3566 viewsSwan91

Wow our attack is looking great. Could've easily been 6 or 7-1. Seems our defence is pretty good aswell, I only saw long shots and set pieces as their attempts. No ones fault for the reading goal, it was a crazy goal that doesn't happen often. The whole team looked like they played well and I have to say if Tiendalli can keep crossing like that I would rather see him picked over Rangel in the first team. I don't usually rate him but in that game he looked very good

I know people will say we are only against a championship club but I think reading are a pretty decent team so a result like this is great, we look pretty ready for the start of the season.

Just one more test now and that's against Villarreal.
Reading Highlights on 12:17 - Aug 3 with 3537 viewsSwan91

Reading Highlights on 12:12 - Aug 3 by exiledclaseboy

Montero's pace is apparently something to behold. Can't wait to see him in action.

The problem with montero is that because he is so fast when he got into a good crossing position there were no swansea players near there. But when dyer was on with him at reading it looked like we could get something on it. That pass to dyer (which dyer should've scored) would be perfect if we were counter attacking in the PL.
Reading Highlights on 12:19 - Aug 3 with 3526 viewsNeath_Jack

Looking very fluid in attack, almost effortless. Gomis looks a class act.

I hope we set up this attack minded against Utd, have a proper go at them.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Reading Highlights on 12:24 - Aug 3 with 3500 viewsItchySphincter

I'm with you but we can't apparently as it might cost us three points and dent our confidence.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Reading Highlights on 12:24 - Aug 3 with 3500 viewsDr_Winston

Reading Highlights on 12:17 - Aug 3 by Swan91

The problem with montero is that because he is so fast when he got into a good crossing position there were no swansea players near there. But when dyer was on with him at reading it looked like we could get something on it. That pass to dyer (which dyer should've scored) would be perfect if we were counter attacking in the PL.

Dyer's probably the only player quick enough to keep up with him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Reading Highlights on 12:27 - Aug 3 with 3491 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Reading Highlights on 12:09 - Aug 3 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Totally agree. Routledge, Shelvey, Gylfi all looking hungry and that bodes fantastically well for the new season. Great showing from Wilfried too, shame about the penalty but if rather him get that blip out of the way in a friendly. Nice overhead kick to set Gylfi on his way to set up Routs for the second.

If only we could sign a CDM this week so we could give him a run out against Villareal but I can't see it happening somehow. Maybe not before the united game either, which is a worry.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Reading Highlights on 12:27 - Aug 3 with 3489 viewsSkipTheJack

The only slight issue I saw with Montero is perhaps his reluctance to cross the ball with his left foot. His preference seems to be either to pull the ball back onto his right foot to cross, or else to skin the defender and cut inside along the goal line. Prem sides will suss this out quite quickly.
Reading Highlights on 12:29 - Aug 3 with 3482 viewsNeath_Jack

Reading Highlights on 12:24 - Aug 3 by ItchySphincter

I'm with you but we can't apparently as it might cost us three points and dent our confidence.

No brainer for me mate. We go there and set up not to be beaten, and get beaten anyway. Or go there and have a right old go at them, and possibly catch them cold and win or get stuffed. Fortune favours the brave and all that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Reading Highlights on 12:30 - Aug 3 with 3479 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Reading Highlights on 12:12 - Aug 3 by exiledclaseboy

And Monk says he's still not 100% in terms of fitness after the world cup...

There's a passage of play at 7:55 in that vid where, as the ball is played I'm thinking, 'ffs, he's not going to get on the end of that'

*gets on end of that*

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Reading Highlights on 12:32 - Aug 3 with 3465 viewsNeath_Jack

Reading Highlights on 12:27 - Aug 3 by SkipTheJack

The only slight issue I saw with Montero is perhaps his reluctance to cross the ball with his left foot. His preference seems to be either to pull the ball back onto his right foot to cross, or else to skin the defender and cut inside along the goal line. Prem sides will suss this out quite quickly.

Like Wayne "one foot" Routledge you mean?

He hasn't turned out too bad mind.

Reading Highlights on 12:40 - Aug 3 with 3427 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I know a lot of this is about the new players, but come on credit where credit is due. Both Routs goals were superb, very Michu-esque.
So which of these players are the defence going to go with
Bony
Gomis
Montero
Routs
Dyer
Gylfi
They can all score and with longer range shots from Shelvey, crosses from Tiendali, long passes by Shelvey and Ki to look forward to.
Throw in a fit Emnes as sub on top of that lot and it could be a very interesting season indeed.
Reading Highlights on 13:44 - Aug 3 with 3294 viewsshandyjack

Defence are gonna hate the pace on our bench with Dyer plus Jeff/WR that could replace Jeff/WR whichever starts, think we will defo be same setup as yesterday start of season

Poll: Expectation for the season

Reading Highlights on 14:11 - Aug 3 with 3245 viewsairedale

Reading Highlights on 12:32 - Aug 3 by Neath_Jack

Like Wayne "one foot" Routledge you mean?

He hasn't turned out too bad mind.

I call him Wayney half a foot myself. He only seems to use the outside of said foot.
Reading Highlights on 14:34 - Aug 3 with 3197 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Reading Highlights on 14:11 - Aug 3 by airedale

I call him Wayney half a foot myself. He only seems to use the outside of said foot.

It's actually a very clever way of crossing for a right footed left winger. Avoids the cut back and keeps the move going at pace

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Reading Highlights on 15:16 - Aug 3 with 3084 viewsshandyjack

Or just use his left foot, it's a disgrace a professional footballer is so 1 footed, imagine how good he'd be if he used both feey

Poll: Expectation for the season

Reading Highlights on 15:58 - Aug 3 with 3003 viewsmonmouth

Reading Highlights on 12:29 - Aug 3 by Neath_Jack

No brainer for me mate. We go there and set up not to be beaten, and get beaten anyway. Or go there and have a right old go at them, and possibly catch them cold and win or get stuffed. Fortune favours the brave and all that.

That's three of us then. We know where cautious, keep it tight gets us. 4-1 defeat, at home, against a very limited team.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Reading Highlights on 16:00 - Aug 3 with 2995 viewshobo

Reading Highlights on 12:14 - Aug 3 by Swan91

Wow our attack is looking great. Could've easily been 6 or 7-1. Seems our defence is pretty good aswell, I only saw long shots and set pieces as their attempts. No ones fault for the reading goal, it was a crazy goal that doesn't happen often. The whole team looked like they played well and I have to say if Tiendalli can keep crossing like that I would rather see him picked over Rangel in the first team. I don't usually rate him but in that game he looked very good

I know people will say we are only against a championship club but I think reading are a pretty decent team so a result like this is great, we look pretty ready for the start of the season.

Just one more test now and that's against Villarreal.

Bartley passed it straight to the Reading player. Great strike though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024