Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hello, I Must Be Going! 12:25 - Oct 29 with 4611 viewsexiled_dictator

just read that phil collins is coming out of retirement.
this came as somewhat of a surprise to me, as i was convinced that he was dead.
apparently not ....
and to fund yet another failed marriage, he has decided to come out of retirement, record a new album, tour and sell some merchandise.
now the idea of a musician retiring is odd to me; like a professional racing driver, the ones that make it are born to perform; it's in their blood. so just stopping seems an odd choice. i get that they want to spend more time with their family (politicians say the same when they are 'outed' or convicted of having sex with a minor), but i think it's more to do with the number of downloads they get, or downsizing the venues they can sell out. yes, i remember when every song seemed to have him on the drums, and he was at every aid concert going, but that was last century. he should have taken up a hobby like fishing or staying married to the same woman long enough that she doesn't skin 50%.
waiting for details of the royal albert hall concert with steve winwood, eric clapton, tina turner, jason bonham and howard jones.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Hello, I Must Be Going! on 18:42 - Oct 29 with 648 viewsDiscodroids

Hello, I Must Be Going! on 18:26 - Oct 29 by FDC

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Hello, I Must Be Going! on 20:51 - Oct 29 with 597 viewsqprwpg

Hello, I Must Be Going! on 16:28 - Oct 29 by QPRMUSO

Can't agree with you on the drumming I'm affraid, very average at best. He is a hacker with very poor technique but he earns more than I do what can I say.

I also liked Genesis in the day and bought some Brand X but only for Percy Jones the fretless bass player - nice player indeed! Drummer was the weak link in that band!

Haven't studied his technique, but I did enjoyed what I heard. I don't rate him as a super star of the drumming world, but he sounds like he's got some chops. I thought I read that you're a drummer, so you know what you're talking about. But you won't convince me he's a hack

As for brand x, thought they were all decent players, Jones being the standout performer.

Twitter: @qprwpg

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024