Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion at all costs 10:43 - Nov 6 with 1945 viewsMvpeter

The change in remit has been given as a major factor in the pressuring and eventual failure of Chris Ramsey and hell yes that was a head in the hands moment but I think it's being used deceptively.

I might be wrong but the first mention of this change seems to have been the 16th of October?

What changed in Ramsey's approach before and after this date to warrant blaming the change in expectation? Do people think that the fans expectations were altered on this date too?

He didn't abandon the youth because the expectations changed, (publicly, maybe it was behind closed doors much much earlier) he was well on the way to start the season. For all the shoehorning of out of form out of position players, we've had one youth player make one start and he played quite well. I think a lot of frustration was born of being told to be patient as we're looking long term and playing the youth while behaving exactly the same as before. In some areas we regressed, crazily keeping Yun out of the match day squads so that a 34 year old loanee could play.

A standard Ramsey preferred 11 could easily be

Green
Perch Onohua Angella Konchesky
Toszer Henry
Phillips Luongo Chery
Austin

It doesn't scream building for the future to me. Consolidation is an admirable target but the point is to be building during that, otherwise we are buying a new team every summer and who isn't sick of that?

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Promotion at all costs on 10:52 - Nov 6 with 1903 viewsJuzzie

"Promotion at all costs" - 'cos TF is obsessed with being in the PL at all costs and is $punking his and everyone elses money to get there ASAP rather than trying to do it prudently.
We are effectively worse off than we he took over both in terms of which League we are in and our debt, beit in-house or otherwise.

The moment the transfer window closed he got all excited like a 7 year old thinking we could get promotion this season with Austin, Phillips & co still on board when it was clear the first month of the season with said players playing, we weren't capable.

We had an iffy start at Charlton, drew at home to Cardiff after being 2-0 up, won at Wolves despite being 2-0 down and awful in the first half. Poor goal keeping for two of the goals and Wolves tiredness having run themselves ragged help mask a poor first half.
Rotherham made us sweat the last 10 mins or so despite us being 3-0 up and by all accounts Huddersfield was a fortunate win.

I can only think TF just saw the results and thought we'd storm the division after three league wins on the trot.

From then on, we went downhill.

[Post edited 6 Nov 2015 10:59]
Promotion at all costs on 11:01 - Nov 6 with 1868 viewsvblockranger

TF is like a bad gambler that is on a bad run but just keeps betting in the hope he can win his money back. He needs the prem for the money and OOC. Looking at the press Air Asia has been getting lately he REALLY needs it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024