Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Form since Guidolin has taken charge 08:20 - Mar 3 with 8817 viewsZut_Alors

Arsenal 1-2 Swansea City
Tottenham 2-1 Swansea City
Swansea City 0-1 Southampton
Swansea City 1-1 Crystal Palace
West Bromwich 1-1 Swansea City
Everton 1-2 Swansea City

He's done well, hasn't he. 8 points from 6 games. 1.33 points per game. That form across a full season puts you at 50 points and almost guarantees a top half finish.

The football hasn't exactly been inspiring, but he came in at a tough time. Have to say, too, Curt deserves a hell of a lot of credit. Stay up this year and surely there should be some sort of tribute to Mr Curtis.

Onwards we go — let's sink the Canaries on Saturday.

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 08:25 - Mar 3 with 5724 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes - and 2 simply huge away wins. Fair play.

Beware of the Risen People

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 08:34 - Mar 3 with 5681 viewsItchySphincter

Too late to think about form this season. We've never got going and it's all about scraping over the line now and putting this season behind us. Huge rebuild required this summer for the first time since we've been in the PL.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 08:44 - Mar 3 with 5641 viewsUplandsJack

Well I have to be honest I'm not too convinced on Mr Guidolin from what I've seen so far....
Last night the team set up in the same formation (diamond) as on Sunday. We spent the first 15 or so minutes getting murdered as at Spurs for the last 70 mins. Curtis saw what was unfolding in front of him and re-jigged the set up to a 4-3-3 and low and behold we start to play..... now think back to Everton. It was Guidolins first game in charge and he'd not really had time to do anything so went pretty much with Curtis set-up...
Now I'm not suggesting Guidolin is shite or anything, but i think he still has a lot to prove...

Do I believe we will stay up?. Definately!
Do I think Guidolin will be our boss next season? Maybe!
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 8:50]
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 08:55 - Mar 3 with 5583 viewsUplandsJack

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 08:34 - Mar 3 by ItchySphincter

Too late to think about form this season. We've never got going and it's all about scraping over the line now and putting this season behind us. Huge rebuild required this summer for the first time since we've been in the PL.

Totally agree with this... was saying exactly the same thing up at WHL on Sunday...
Just wonder if we have enough money to spend as i feel we need maybe 6 or 7 major upgrades at least on what we currently have... fair play to Monk, in 18 month the guy managed to put us back 5 years or more !
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 08:55 - Mar 3 with 5583 viewsCopperJack

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 08:44 - Mar 3 by UplandsJack

Well I have to be honest I'm not too convinced on Mr Guidolin from what I've seen so far....
Last night the team set up in the same formation (diamond) as on Sunday. We spent the first 15 or so minutes getting murdered as at Spurs for the last 70 mins. Curtis saw what was unfolding in front of him and re-jigged the set up to a 4-3-3 and low and behold we start to play..... now think back to Everton. It was Guidolins first game in charge and he'd not really had time to do anything so went pretty much with Curtis set-up...
Now I'm not suggesting Guidolin is shite or anything, but i think he still has a lot to prove...

Couldn't agree more. Our results have improved, but they'd also improved during Curt's reign. I think Curt deserves full credit for last night's victory. Mind still isn't made up on Guidolin. We've thrown away a lot of leads during his tenure.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 00:34 - Mar 4 with 5421 viewsUplandsJack

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 08:55 - Mar 3 by CopperJack

Couldn't agree more. Our results have improved, but they'd also improved during Curt's reign. I think Curt deserves full credit for last night's victory. Mind still isn't made up on Guidolin. We've thrown away a lot of leads during his tenure.

True.
I must admit that I'm totally surprised that our defence is still so vulnerable, especially from set pieces... Really thought it would have been one of the first things an Italian head coach would have sorted pretty much straight away...
Anyway just hope we stick with Curts more attack minded style at home on Saturday!!!
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 01:15 - Mar 4 with 5381 viewsHighjack

It's a strange one because he's come here with a bit of a rep for high pressing attacking football but he's just sat back and defended for most of it. Unless he feels he doesnt have the players to play like he did at Udinese.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 04:42 - Mar 4 with 5306 viewsSwansea93

Could it be that he hasn't gone to his 3 at the back formation yet and will start that in pre season ready for the new season?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Login to get fewer ads

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 07:51 - Mar 4 with 5135 viewsDr_Winston

He probably feels that trying to make wholesale changes now could potentially cause more problems than it'd fix. Even Curt stuck with the diamond for most of the games he was in charge for. Small changes, incremental improvements for now.

I think we'd all like to see the team start showing more ambition, but you can't argue with the increase in points gained since Curt and then FG took over. As long as we can survive this season we can look at it again in the summer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 10:07 - Mar 4 with 4968 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He's come in to keep us up .

If we stay up give him his deserved money & get Brendan back .

There I said it !

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 10:12 - Mar 4 with 4952 viewsgadgetuk

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 10:07 - Mar 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

There I said it !

Couldn't agree more - He answered the call where others wanted to see if we stayed up. That however should not mean he is given a new contract at the end of the season. There will be plenty of managerial talent willing to come to us if we survive - many of whom I believe would be a better fit to how we want the team to play.
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 10:14 - Mar 4 with 4940 viewsWarwickHunt

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 10:12 - Mar 4 by gadgetuk

Couldn't agree more - He answered the call where others wanted to see if we stayed up. That however should not mean he is given a new contract at the end of the season. There will be plenty of managerial talent willing to come to us if we survive - many of whom I believe would be a better fit to how we want the team to play.

For example?
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 10:17 - Mar 4 with 4927 viewsDafyddHuw

Top post. I started a thread saying pretty much this yesterday, and the usual suspects just came out with the "negative thread" bollocks.

I think Curt's the man here. I think we were "lucky" that Guidolin wan't at the game so that Curt could tweak the team formation, as somebody's already said. I don't think Guidolin would have done it. Same with Everton (again, as somebody's said).

If Guidolin keeps us up, then fair dos. But if we do stay up, I don't think he should be in charge next season.
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 10:18 - Mar 4 with 4927 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 10:14 - Mar 4 by WarwickHunt

For example?

Someone who can speak English would be a start 😄

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 10:29 - Mar 4 with 4906 viewsJack1

Excellent post. Couldn't agree more.
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 10:36 - Mar 4 with 4893 viewsJackanapes

@Zutalors. Downarrowed by mistake. Got carried away reading the dreadful posts from daffyd the tw@t and Uplands the tw@t.Apologies.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 10:37]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 10:58 - Mar 4 with 4857 viewsgadgetuk

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 10:14 - Mar 4 by WarwickHunt

For example?

Bielsa
Rodgers (yes I would have him back)
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 11:25 - Mar 4 with 4817 viewsMrSwerve

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 10:07 - Mar 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

There I said it !

Indeed.

Guido was always a short term solution, emphasised by his 'head coach' role or whatever he is sharing with Curtis. He was brought in to give some managerial experience to the team.

If he keeps us up then I would rather us look for better, no disrespect to the man, as I'll be grateful of him coming to us to help out.

We need to go in for Rodgers as soon as the season has ended. Knows the club (cliché I know), knows many of our players, knows the system that we want to go back to playing, knows the league, and in my opinion has proven himself here and at Liverpool.

And before anyone cries 'Judas!', remember what he did at the club, and the classy manner he left in - getting us many millions in compo and offering a decent amount for Joey. Come home Brendan.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 11:28]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 11:34 - Mar 4 with 4786 viewsymaohyd

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 11:25 - Mar 4 by MrSwerve

Indeed.

Guido was always a short term solution, emphasised by his 'head coach' role or whatever he is sharing with Curtis. He was brought in to give some managerial experience to the team.

If he keeps us up then I would rather us look for better, no disrespect to the man, as I'll be grateful of him coming to us to help out.

We need to go in for Rodgers as soon as the season has ended. Knows the club (cliché I know), knows many of our players, knows the system that we want to go back to playing, knows the league, and in my opinion has proven himself here and at Liverpool.

And before anyone cries 'Judas!', remember what he did at the club, and the classy manner he left in - getting us many millions in compo and offering a decent amount for Joey. Come home Brendan.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 11:28]

For some reason Brendan gets on my t its. I hope that no Swans supporter would ever call him Judas. Disgraceful if they did. That biblical term should be reserved for Martinez!

Don't disagree with much of what you say, however for me Rodgers should have stepped up when asked. I'd rather give Guidolin a go.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 11:41 - Mar 4 with 4771 viewsMrSwerve

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 11:34 - Mar 4 by ymaohyd

For some reason Brendan gets on my t its. I hope that no Swans supporter would ever call him Judas. Disgraceful if they did. That biblical term should be reserved for Martinez!

Don't disagree with much of what you say, however for me Rodgers should have stepped up when asked. I'd rather give Guidolin a go.

I don't blame Brendan one bit for not coming back to us at Christmas time. He did say that he wanted a break from football (especially with his family problems in the background), and at the time we looked an utter shambles and on the way down. Why would he leave Liverpool for potential Championship football next year?

I appreciate that it can look like a bit of a cop out though.

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 11:42 - Mar 4 with 4768 viewsWarwickHunt

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 10:58 - Mar 4 by gadgetuk

Bielsa
Rodgers (yes I would have him back)

Should have moved heaven and earth to get Bielsa after Laudrup. Would fookin' love it but can't see it happening now.

I'm ambivalent about Rodgers but he's very ambitious and will probably see it as a backward step.
Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 11:45 - Mar 4 with 4758 viewswaynekerr55

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 11:42 - Mar 4 by WarwickHunt

Should have moved heaven and earth to get Bielsa after Laudrup. Would fookin' love it but can't see it happening now.

I'm ambivalent about Rodgers but he's very ambitious and will probably see it as a backward step.

*strokes chin

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 11:48 - Mar 4 with 4748 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 11:42 - Mar 4 by WarwickHunt

maybe he is

he could go abroad,but where would he go in the premier league?

i cant think of any where?

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 11:53 - Mar 4 with 4733 viewsymaohyd

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 11:41 - Mar 4 by MrSwerve

I don't blame Brendan one bit for not coming back to us at Christmas time. He did say that he wanted a break from football (especially with his family problems in the background), and at the time we looked an utter shambles and on the way down. Why would he leave Liverpool for potential Championship football next year?

I appreciate that it can look like a bit of a cop out though.

I would say that if we stay up and reappointed Brendan, I can't imagine for a minute that we would be in danger of relegation next season.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 11:57 - Mar 4 with 4713 viewsMrSwerve

Form since Guidolin has taken charge on 11:53 - Mar 4 by ymaohyd

I would say that if we stay up and reappointed Brendan, I can't imagine for a minute that we would be in danger of relegation next season.

I agree.

But as far as this season goes, we were a sinking ship around Dec/Jan. I can see why Rodgers didn't want to come back with the team in that state.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024