Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... 11:02 - Aug 21 with 4071 viewsRangersDave

'It looks like we were a little bit tired, and again, no excuses, but those are facts, those are facts!"

So is he really the brightest button on the uniform?
Does he really believe what he's saying? if so who's to blame and what's he going to do about it?

'He'd stay awake at night
Lying in his bed
No one ever listened
To a single word he said
Jimmy Jimmy ...
Silly boy Silly boy Silly boy such a silly boy'

[Post edited 21 Aug 2016 11:04]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 10:10 - Aug 22 with 836 viewsElHoop

The first time I've seen them this season so it's not fair to judge them on this performance, but it was a shocker.

I wouldn't put it down to tiredeness though. I thought that Preston did their homework and made it very difficult for us and we didn't have the answers. Too many players looked out of position or anonymous or just plain poor. You won't win many games like that whether or not you're a bit tired as well.

I thought that Perch had a shocker and why would he be tired? Just kept banging it back to the centre backs. Chery doesn't seem to anticipate space at all and Yeni was out wide and anonymous and where else were we going to find some inspiration with what was on the park? It just didn't feel as if it was ever going to improve on the day. Henry could have been tired if anyone was - don't think that he's missed many minutes so far and he's no spring chicken. There's not much on the bench either so it's not as if there's many options if he wants to play this formation. I'm no coach or great student of formations etc, but it's difficult to see how we're going to improve too much with what we've got available at the moment. Why haven't we got a right back yet?
For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 10:16 - Aug 22 with 816 viewsA40Bosh

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 12:44 - Aug 21 by dodge_stoke_r

If these players where Sunday morning pub players, that do 40 hours of graft a week, then I might agree. But they are Professional sportsmen. Fitness, or lack of it should never be an issue at this level.

So we should not expect the same excuses then from Bolt when he puts down his slow time in his final due to the shorter recovery time they were given between the semi and the final?- professional athlete, does not have to do a 40hr shift carrying a hod during the week - get on with it mate - you only have to run for less than 10 secs!

I have seen this discussed a hundred times on here over the years and there is still very much divided opinions on whether footballers have a right to feel tired. As there are so many teams up and down the land complaining about the same thing season in season out, I can only assume that the level of physical performance required to get through a 90min football match without risking being hooked would probably put a Sunday pub team player in hospital for a week with exhaustion.

I was there on Saturday and it was awful, but it was pretty much the same core team that has played in the 4 league games so far. I have to say that I am not Ned's biggest fan when playing at RB but Perch was woeful, but surely that can't be the sole reason we were so shite?

I didn't get carried away after Leeds and Cardiff, so I won't get too carried away after Barnsley and Preston.

We did say after leaving HQ on Saturday was that performance and the weakness of the bench a message to the purse string holders upstairs to get the cheque book our next week before the window shuts?

It is early doors so I really do not get this Outraged of Orpington the world is coming to an end crisis talk.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 10:17 - Aug 22 with 811 viewsdistortR

people's

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 10:18 - Aug 22 with 809 viewspaulparker

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 10:10 - Aug 22 by ElHoop

The first time I've seen them this season so it's not fair to judge them on this performance, but it was a shocker.

I wouldn't put it down to tiredeness though. I thought that Preston did their homework and made it very difficult for us and we didn't have the answers. Too many players looked out of position or anonymous or just plain poor. You won't win many games like that whether or not you're a bit tired as well.

I thought that Perch had a shocker and why would he be tired? Just kept banging it back to the centre backs. Chery doesn't seem to anticipate space at all and Yeni was out wide and anonymous and where else were we going to find some inspiration with what was on the park? It just didn't feel as if it was ever going to improve on the day. Henry could have been tired if anyone was - don't think that he's missed many minutes so far and he's no spring chicken. There's not much on the bench either so it's not as if there's many options if he wants to play this formation. I'm no coach or great student of formations etc, but it's difficult to see how we're going to improve too much with what we've got available at the moment. Why haven't we got a right back yet?

That's how I saw it ELHoop
on the Perch to Wigan thread a few couldn't understand why we would sell him to Wigan and we buy a proper Rightback , well for those who went Saturday it was plain to see how desperate we are in that position, we badly need a player who can get up & down the pitch and not just the halfway line , we so lacked width on Saturday and perch did nothing to help that
as for Chery your bang on the few flick on's Polter did win he didn't even move for him
I thought he was really poor on Saturday and looked very uninterested

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 10:34 - Aug 22 with 763 viewsA40Bosh

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 10:18 - Aug 22 by paulparker

That's how I saw it ELHoop
on the Perch to Wigan thread a few couldn't understand why we would sell him to Wigan and we buy a proper Rightback , well for those who went Saturday it was plain to see how desperate we are in that position, we badly need a player who can get up & down the pitch and not just the halfway line , we so lacked width on Saturday and perch did nothing to help that
as for Chery your bang on the few flick on's Polter did win he didn't even move for him
I thought he was really poor on Saturday and looked very uninterested

+1 on Chery

I do seem to remember being disturbed enough to awaken from my bromide induced stupor and actually stand up and verbally berate Mr Chery on one occasion in the second half. I think there was about 3 rangers playing standing there watching a high ball come and land bang in the middle of all three of them and they all just stood there watching it until a Preston player shouted "cheers muchly" and disappeared off up the field with it. It just summed up our whole match.

Hope Chery does not become another one of these players who only has a good game when we are on the up and the team are playing well around him. Don't need our most skillful players thinking "fcuk it, no one else if bothering"

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 11:02 - Aug 22 with 728 viewsTacticalR

A lot depends on what you mean by 'tiredness'

Early in June Verheijen argued that players can be fit but tired (not fresh), using England as an example:

'They have just finished the Premier League season. They are still fit but they are tired, so what is the last thing the manager should do? Plan a training camp straight after the end of the Premier League season. It is about the worst thing you can do.

You need to regain freshness while maintaining your fitness. If you give them a seven-day break, which is something almost every country does, then their bodies can recover, and not only the muscles but also the brain.

It is no surprise that the weeks before the Euros you have these muscle injuries, and then read that this player or that player will miss the Euros. It is better to train three weeks at 100% than four weeks at 80% because you are still tired from the season. The fact that England have had a four-week preparation is a worrying thing.

He added: There is so much pressure on national coaches, and because of the insecurity they want to train more to increase their chance of success.

They will do double sessions, they will do triple sessions, they will do conditioning sessions. But if you do all that with players who are fit but tired, they will just become even more tired.

If you aren’t fresh, your accuracy will be lower, the speed of your actions will be lower and your injury risk will be higher, and so your performance will go down.

The winter break is another thing. While the Bayern Munich players were enjoying themselves with their families in the sun in Dubai, the England players were playing even more games than normal. Freshness is going to win you the title in a tournament, not fitness.'

Leading football coach claims England are in danger of burnout at Euro 2016
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leading-football-coach-claims-englan

Air hostess clique

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 11:17 - Aug 22 with 706 viewsTHEBUSH

I've been watching the R's since the middle 50's and nothing has changed, apart from a few successful years.

We play decent for a few games and think we're the champs, then for the next few games we play like chumps.

It must be the type of players we can afford and their attitude's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024