Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First Game Blip 09:21 - Sep 11 with 853 viewsChopper_R

For most teams the first game blip normally results in sound thrashing however being QPR we started the season with pace, excitement and a home win, we were delirious with joy and anticipation of what the season may bring.We revelled in JFH's talk of High Pressing Football & the players never being fitter.A win at Cardiff followed and the optimism following two back to back wins from our first 2 league games ensured that many thought the messiah had indeed arrived at Loftus Road and that his first 9 months at the Club were no different to what Moses had to endure when he led his people to the promised land.

So by within 10 days of the season started we were euphoric,the R's were on top form, the Sun was Out and everything looked fantastic then we played Barnsley.

I attended the Game at Oakwell with a couple of friends, have been to every game other than Cardiff and Rochdale so far, and to be fair as has been well documented we were played off the park by a team that today is currently third in the division.After the defeat I didn't walk away with a cloud hanging over me,I thought we had lost to a team who had an abundance of pace & energy & our defence had room for improvement.However the Barnsley Game for JFH appears to me to have been a turning point..

I watched him go down the tunnel at Oakwell and it was plain to see he was seething,the Ref got blasted in his post match comments but his reactions since then, which were compounded by the PNE game,have led him to turn to the style of football he enforced at Burton and in his initial days at LR.Gone is the enthusiam & excitement of Leeds as we now have a strategy which is about minimising the risk of losing.

I won't cover points that have been mentioned in other threads such as the continuing role of Henry, the need to have kept Ale , the abscence of Sandro but despite his pontificating and apparent confidence in his own ability I am really unsure about what JFH has brought to the club.

I believe if we had continued with Warnock we would have finished in a similar position to what was achieved by JFH.In the summer we released a number of players and brought in a similar number as we were going to play high intensity football which apart from Leeds I haven't seen since.This compunded by the fact that 9 of the starting 11 from yesterday were at the club last season begs me to consider do we have a manager who is merely coasting while he waits for another job opportunity to arise, remember he is on a 12 month rolling contract which currently expires in early December, or is he struggling because he is not as good as manager as he and his cv may suggest.

My expectations for the season are merely to improve on where we finished in May but September will be a month which will give us a guide on whether we go into the autumn / winter with expectations of hope or concern.We play the top 2 within five days of each other and then have Birmingham,Buron and Sunderland in the space of a week.

I look forward to seeing if the high intensity was a one match blip or if we can carry it forward during periods when games come thick & fast.Either way JFH needs to find a solution as only taking 4 points out of 9 from games against the bottom 3 could be cause for concern

As for me..been going to LR since 83,season ticket holder in Upper Loft and good friends with L Block ( please don't hold that against me) and LadbrokeR.I enjoy the debate LFW offers and hope to add my own two pennies worth in from time to time...

First Game Blip on 09:41 - Sep 11 with 814 viewsLadbrokeR

Welcome Chopper R. You need to let people know your favourite cheese and what's your view on grammar schools ?
First Game Blip on 09:56 - Sep 11 with 780 viewsLblock

A well thought opening post

However the cheese etiquette MUST be followed
Fess up - it's DairyLea triangles isn't it??????????

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

First Game Blip on 11:01 - Sep 11 with 711 viewsChopper_R

First Game Blip on 09:56 - Sep 11 by Lblock

A well thought opening post

However the cheese etiquette MUST be followed
Fess up - it's DairyLea triangles isn't it??????????

Thank you for your kind Comments..

As for cheese , I would need to go far a mature english cheddar with a South African Merlot

Regarding Grammar Schools Ladbroke, Parents are free to have the highest aspirations possible for their children so why should politicians , especially those who denounce Private or Grammar Schools but send their own children to them, be able to restrict the ambitions and potential of our youth.
First Game Blip on 11:07 - Sep 11 with 696 viewsPunteR

Welcome Chopper. Interesting first post. I personally don't think JFH is coasting and just waiting for another club to come along. If anything he would be putting everything he's got within that 12 months to secure a contract. I think its way to early to access his abilities as a manager at this stage.
He's definitely made our team more balanced,more hardworking, and the players look like they want to play for him and QPR.
I think it comes down to the quality of players we now have . We are an average championship team with league 1 and championship level players. There's going to be inconsistency. Polter works his socks but he's not a natural finisher. Washington is struggling ,chery is obviously our key man but sometimes struggles getting into games. He's no Taraabt that can turn games on his own. I still think we're work in progress. As LBlock will testify I backed Ramsey to the bitter end but I do think JFH is a big improvement on him.
We're going in the right direction and inevitably JFH will go on to another club but I think he's got plenty to do here first. I like Jimmy. I like his style, talks well, treats the players well ,doesnt stand any slackers and I think he demands the respect from them.
I hope Jimmy is still here next season as I think as a club we need that stability.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024