Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfer window changes 02:05 - Dec 12 with 2904 viewssuperhoopdownunder

First up I would get Gerry Francis back asap to help Ian Holloway out especially with the defence and team structure

Also given the opportunity I would get rid of the following players in the upcoming transfer window:-
Sandro
Nedum Onuoha
James Perch
Karl Henry
El Khayati
and see what offers they may be for Chery and Caulker and move them on as well

Ideally we would buy a quality right back, get some leaders into our squad, maybe a central midfielder and someone that scores plenty of goals.

Team that could look like this:-

Smithies
Kakay/new Right Back
Lynch
Hall
Robinson

Wszolek
Luongo
Borysiuk/A new midfielder
Shodipo

Sylla
Washington/JET/A new goalscorer

Subs
Ingram
Bidwell
Mackie
Ngbakoto
Cousins
Doughty (get him back from Swindon)
Polter/JET (get him back from Gillingham)

I am interested in what you all think we should do/change in the upcoming transfer window

U R's

[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 2:16]
January transfer window changes on 17:14 - Dec 12 with 867 viewsCamberleyR

It's not a pre-requisite that the assistant manager, which is Bircham's role, has to be a coach or do the coaching of the first team. The assistant manager's job is to do what it says . i.e. assist the first team manager and be his number 2.

I might be wrong but when Warnock was here, Mick Jones was his number 2 but Keith Curle took the training and did the coaching.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

January transfer window changes on 18:25 - Dec 12 with 822 viewsHarbour

Doubt we will sign more than 2 players max thought Holloway was brought into improve the players we have? Not go on another spending spree... like that worked in the long term. Did anyone expect a promotion challenge? This was always a season of consolidation... hopefully not relegation. We are shopping in the basement living within our means think even if we survive this season the next few years will be much of the same. Be interesting to see if TF sticks around... hopefully the club will get back on a firm financial base.
January transfer window changes on 18:32 - Dec 12 with 818 viewsBrightonhoop

January transfer window changes on 16:51 - Dec 12 by kensalriser

Nail on head!

Said this before. Has to be #1 priority. Bircham is not qualified for the job. Maybe he will be one day, but not now.

We have been largely shite since McLaren left and that's probably the last time we had a decent coach.

This.

Not sure buying in anyone would help, as we've learned previously. We've got a fair squad, enough to stay up but not getting the best out of them. Good crop of youngsters coming through too so not convinced by buying in anyone.
January transfer window changes on 18:40 - Dec 12 with 813 viewsJamie

Nobody should be signed.

We are more than good enough to stay up.

The only expense that should even be considered is somebody experienced to sit in Holloways ear and let him knwk that having two good strikers, we shouldn't leave them 3 post codes from their nearest support and with several good young central mids, Sandro shouldn't be allowed inside the stadium.

Added bonus being that when it inevitably becomes to much for Holloway, we have someone lined up to fill the breach.
January transfer window changes on 19:16 - Dec 12 with 776 viewsbaz_qpr

January transfer window changes on 18:40 - Dec 12 by Jamie

Nobody should be signed.

We are more than good enough to stay up.

The only expense that should even be considered is somebody experienced to sit in Holloways ear and let him knwk that having two good strikers, we shouldn't leave them 3 post codes from their nearest support and with several good young central mids, Sandro shouldn't be allowed inside the stadium.

Added bonus being that when it inevitably becomes to much for Holloway, we have someone lined up to fill the breach.

Disagree - We are barely averaging a goal a game, there is absolutely no evidence from any of the squads history that will improve at all. Goal difference is 3rd worst in the league.

Would be completely foolish to look at the squad after 20 games with a top scorer on 4 and not see we have a real problem there.

I would shift Washington on and try for Boyce from Ross county and Bogle from Grimsby both players who have come up through the non leagues but been 1 in 2 / 1 in 3 strikers wherever they have been.

I would look to take an experienced creative midfielder / talisman who can pull the strings and a grizzly CM leader ball winner and we need a right back too.

I think we will need to break FFP to stay up we have no emergency loan get out of jail free card
January transfer window changes on 20:01 - Dec 12 with 752 viewsJamie

January transfer window changes on 19:16 - Dec 12 by baz_qpr

Disagree - We are barely averaging a goal a game, there is absolutely no evidence from any of the squads history that will improve at all. Goal difference is 3rd worst in the league.

Would be completely foolish to look at the squad after 20 games with a top scorer on 4 and not see we have a real problem there.

I would shift Washington on and try for Boyce from Ross county and Bogle from Grimsby both players who have come up through the non leagues but been 1 in 2 / 1 in 3 strikers wherever they have been.

I would look to take an experienced creative midfielder / talisman who can pull the strings and a grizzly CM leader ball winner and we need a right back too.

I think we will need to break FFP to stay up we have no emergency loan get out of jail free card

The real problem is that the strikers are habitually left more isolated than an Arctic researcher.
January transfer window changes on 20:43 - Dec 12 with 717 viewskensalriser

January transfer window changes on 17:14 - Dec 12 by CamberleyR

It's not a pre-requisite that the assistant manager, which is Bircham's role, has to be a coach or do the coaching of the first team. The assistant manager's job is to do what it says . i.e. assist the first team manager and be his number 2.

I might be wrong but when Warnock was here, Mick Jones was his number 2 but Keith Curle took the training and did the coaching.

Bircham is first team coach:

http://www.qpr.co.uk/club/

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

January transfer window changes on 21:55 - Dec 12 with 679 viewsCamberleyR

January transfer window changes on 20:43 - Dec 12 by kensalriser

Bircham is first team coach:

http://www.qpr.co.uk/club/

So was Joe Jordan. Doesn't mean to say they take sessions on the training ground. Steve McClaren almost certainly took the sessions in the three months he was there at the start of 2013/14 even though Joe Jordan was styled "first team coach".

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

January transfer window changes on 22:56 - Dec 12 with 645 viewsDannytheR

January transfer window changes on 21:55 - Dec 12 by CamberleyR

So was Joe Jordan. Doesn't mean to say they take sessions on the training ground. Steve McClaren almost certainly took the sessions in the three months he was there at the start of 2013/14 even though Joe Jordan was styled "first team coach".

Well, that still leaves us without a proper first team coach then, doesn't it?
January transfer window changes on 23:51 - Dec 12 with 623 viewsaussiehoop

Sell Chery. Quite simply he's too good for this team so the temptation to shoe horn him in at the expense of a solid structure is too strong.

He's like the chocolate biscuits in my fridge - easily the tastiest thing in there but no good for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024