Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR: Berlin 12:13 - Feb 7 with 2239 views1MoreBrightonR

heading to Berlin with a friend for a saturday and Sunday night at the end of the month to catch a Hertha game, eat, drink and site see. Any recommendations? bars etc, food...
Non QPR: Berlin on 12:25 - Feb 7 with 2212 viewsDorse

Lowenbrau keller close to Unter Den Linden is fun for a beer and pretzel. I went to a great Swabischer / Bayerisch restaurant somewhere round Boxhagener Platz but I'm buggered if I can find it on the map. Tiny little place, weissbier und kraut spatzle - can't be beat.

Do not miss the Holocaust Memorial near Brandenburger Tor. I also did a segway tour of the city starting at Alexander Platz - fcuking brilliant. Fat Tyre Bike Hire is the company. We stopped at the site of the bunker (which is now a car park) and I took the opportunity to gob on it and tell the moustachioed short-arse to fcuk off on behalf of all of my relatives. Quite cathartic.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 12:28]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Non QPR: Berlin on 14:37 - Feb 7 with 2150 viewsrobith

Knopeke's imbiss is the best currywurst

Prater beer garden is the one

Try to get in to Berghain
Non QPR: Berlin on 17:00 - Feb 7 with 2086 viewsCopenranger

That whole area around Boxhagener Platz (Simon Dach strasse, Grünberger st, etc) is a great place to stay, when you have limited time. Packed with bars, restaurants, small shops (clothing, art, whatever) and fairly close to a metro.
BP has fleamarkets and farmers markets during the weekend.

If clubbing is your thing, check Resident Advisor's calender.

The Trabi safari is supposed to be fun.

I tried Berlin Unterwelt last year. You go underground in the old ww2 public bunkers. Really interesting - not if you're claustrophobic though :)

The computerspiele museum is supposed to be good too.

Go for a walk from Wittenberger Platz Ubahn to the square with the big church, then continue up Kurfürstendamm. That'll cover most your shopping needs :)

Have nice trip, awesome city!
Non QPR: Berlin on 17:02 - Feb 7 with 2081 viewsFearless

Dont miss the checkpoint Charlie museum
The Newton Bar is great - changes vibe all through the day
If the roof of the reichstag is open - well worth a visit
Non QPR: Berlin on 18:01 - Feb 7 with 2043 viewslondonscottish

The Checkpoint Charlie museum is a must. Very moving.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Non QPR: Berlin on 18:31 - Feb 7 with 2015 viewsTacticalR

Polter the magnificent.

Air hostess clique

Non QPR: Berlin on 18:44 - Feb 7 with 2002 viewsLofthope

I'm going to Berlin this weekend for the film festival so have to miss our home game. I wondered if I might get a chance to see a game out there, but won't have time.

If you are going to Hertha's game and haven't been to the ground before, get there early and walk around. There are many things left over from the Berlin Olympics from the 1930s and it is pretty impressive. You can also go up to the part where the Olympic flame was etc as there are still swastikas in the wall.
Non QPR: Berlin on 18:50 - Feb 7 with 1994 viewsLblock

Been years since we went

Spent most of our time in a club called AM:PM
At 7.00am I asked the barman serving the "night economy" workers who'd started arriving; "what time do you shut mate?"
He answered in Allo Allo German accent with a look of incredulation "Zeese iz AM:PM.... vee neva shut my friend!!!"

Cracking city

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR: Berlin on 20:03 - Feb 7 with 1963 viewsRs_Holy

Thanks for the recommendations chaps... I'm going mid March 😁
Non QPR: Berlin on 20:50 - Feb 7 with 1939 viewsRickyDicky

Definitely the Kurfürstendamm , main drag that leads to the only building left after the bombing of Berlin. The kadewe is a must. Fancy food and a shopping experience. I had ants in chocolate and fried locusts 35 years ago. They had themed bars then, may have changed a bit since then ! The zoo is interesting too and there's a bar outside that has the best wurst with curry sauce. I'm hoping to go back this year for a weekend break.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Non QPR: Berlin on 03:25 - Feb 8 with 1868 viewssmegma

Non QPR: Berlin on 18:44 - Feb 7 by Lofthope

I'm going to Berlin this weekend for the film festival so have to miss our home game. I wondered if I might get a chance to see a game out there, but won't have time.

If you are going to Hertha's game and haven't been to the ground before, get there early and walk around. There are many things left over from the Berlin Olympics from the 1930s and it is pretty impressive. You can also go up to the part where the Olympic flame was etc as there are still swastikas in the wall.

There are about 25 teams at literally every level of fussball. Went over last March for the England game and managed two other non league games in a two day stopover.. My favourite city, it's full of history .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024