Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? 23:18 - Aug 29 with 16754 viewsShev

Hello all,

Wycombe fan here in peace. With the international break upon us and QPR not in action, I would like to cordially invite you all to take in some League Two football at Adams Park, High Wycombe this coming Saturday, where the mighty Chairboys will take on Forest Green Rovers, those famous vegan warriors. If you are sick of the increasingly corporate side of the Championship, and decry the loss of that sense of connection, fear not - we can offer agricultural tackles, sky high long balls and sections of terracing that will have you nostalgic for the 1980s!

On a serious note, we boast the strongest footballer on the planet in Adebayo Akinfenwa, one of the most pleasant grounds in the country in Adams Park, and a fan owned club that is known for it's friendliness. To top it all, our league scorelines this year have been 2-2, 3-2, 2-4, and 3-2, so I can almost...almost, guarantee a feast of goals.

So feel free to visit us this Saturday, and I wish QPR well for the rest of the season!
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 23:47 - Aug 29 with 12633 viewsRs_Holy

You forgot to mention Gareth Ainsworth
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 00:00 - Aug 30 with 12608 viewsCiderwithRsie

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 23:47 - Aug 29 by Rs_Holy

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 00:24 - Aug 30 with 12580 viewsWatford_Ranger

And QPR Premier League veteran Michael Harriman
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 01:10 - Aug 30 with 12548 viewsShev

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 00:24 - Aug 30 by Watford_Ranger

And QPR Premier League veteran Michael Harriman

Well it is good to keep one or two surprises in the bag. GA will be there, and I would expect Harriman to start, but unfortunately I cannot guarantee any meet and greets...
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 08:05 - Aug 30 with 12365 viewsGloucs_R

As a Slough Town fan......

Poll: Are we staying up?

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 09:30 - Aug 30 with 12244 viewsfrancisbowles

Grenfell game!
[Post edited 30 Aug 2017 9:31]
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 09:42 - Aug 30 with 12217 viewsterryb

I can't think why I would like to go to watch the worst football club in the world.

Give me C*****a any day rather than those w*****s from South Bucks!

I know this is not the common perception of WW, but it was how I was brought up to feel towards them!
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 09:48 - Aug 30 with 12200 viewsfrancisbowles

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 09:42 - Aug 30 by terryb

I can't think why I would like to go to watch the worst football club in the world.

I know this is not the common perception of WW, but it was how I was brought up to feel towards them!

WhyTerryb? Are you originally from Slough or nearby?
Login to get fewer ads

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 09:48 - Aug 30 with 12199 viewsNorthernr

Ha ha the extreme reactions we get on this board.

One of the first results I look for after Grimsby and Scunny - Wycombe and Cambridge, two former QPR legends cutting their managerial teeth.
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 09:57 - Aug 30 with 12183 viewsterryb

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 09:48 - Aug 30 by francisbowles

WhyTerryb? Are you originally from Slough or nearby?

I was born & brought up as a Chesham United supporter. You won't find many in the area surrounding HW of my age that have a kind word for THAT club.

It was the one thing that residents of Aylesbury, Chesham, Maidenhead & Slough had in common.

Mind you, I'm ambivalent towards them compared to how my father was!

He always proudly told of how the Chesham team coach diverted from the route from Reading after beating WW in the County Cup final of 1948 (he was the centre half). A small matter of parading the cup around the streets of W*****e became part of the celebration!

Many of this board have the same feeling for C*****a as I have for WW.
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 10:06 - Aug 30 with 12162 viewsfrancisbowles

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 09:57 - Aug 30 by terryb

I was born & brought up as a Chesham United supporter. You won't find many in the area surrounding HW of my age that have a kind word for THAT club.

It was the one thing that residents of Aylesbury, Chesham, Maidenhead & Slough had in common.

Mind you, I'm ambivalent towards them compared to how my father was!

He always proudly told of how the Chesham team coach diverted from the route from Reading after beating WW in the County Cup final of 1948 (he was the centre half). A small matter of parading the cup around the streets of W*****e became part of the celebration!

Many of this board have the same feeling for C*****a as I have for WW.

Yes, I'm one of them. Interesting though, I've always had a soft spot for them. Used to work with a guy who played for them when Mike Keen was their manager c 1981 and later he moved to Slough.
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 10:07 - Aug 30 with 12158 viewsMick_S

Wycombe.

I saw a cow fly that day.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 10:07 - Aug 30 with 12153 viewsWatford_Ranger

Quite like them myself with the QPR connections though you have to park about 200 miles from the ground to walk through that industrial estate.

Remember that 2-2 game entirely decided by the wind. It seemed like we had the whole ground.
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 10:34 - Aug 30 with 12109 viewssmegma

On Saturday I will be watching Ashford Town vs Corinthian Casuals in that there FA Cup thingumeebob
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 12:01 - Aug 30 with 12009 viewsRamseyR

Have they sorted out getting out of that industrial estate by car yet?
I only got home several days ago from the last time we played there.
Nice little ground though..when the wind isn't blowing
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 12:05 - Aug 30 with 11987 viewsLythamR

Perhaps Eze will start tomorrow now!
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 14:55 - Aug 30 with 11823 viewsBoston

A chair boy, singing the praises of the terrace.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 18:38 - Aug 30 with 11678 viewsShev

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 12:01 - Aug 30 by RamseyR

Have they sorted out getting out of that industrial estate by car yet?
I only got home several days ago from the last time we played there.
Nice little ground though..when the wind isn't blowing

We are working on an air strip for private planes, but being a fan owned club, we are having to pass the tip jar around... :)
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 19:41 - Aug 30 with 11580 viewsenfieldargh

Do we get free ice cream and do you do Old speckle Hen flavour

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 20:41 - Aug 30 with 11515 viewspaesanu

Pretty rude reply, clearly no love lost for you but why try to put anyone else off? The fan came in peace, bit of courtesy wouldn't go amiss!

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 23:29 - Aug 30 with 11319 viewsShev

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 20:41 - Aug 30 by paesanu

Pretty rude reply, clearly no love lost for you but why try to put anyone else off? The fan came in peace, bit of courtesy wouldn't go amiss!

Cheers mate. No offense taken anyway - I know going to another team's boards is always going to produce a range of responses. I actually appreciate these responses - I posted an invite on many of the London and SE teams. Some message boards would not even let me post, whereas Arsenal did not even get one response, and only one Chelsea fan bothered to respond. You lot and Brentford have been the most friendly.
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 00:27 - Aug 31 with 11279 viewsCiderwithRsie

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 23:29 - Aug 30 by Shev

Cheers mate. No offense taken anyway - I know going to another team's boards is always going to produce a range of responses. I actually appreciate these responses - I posted an invite on many of the London and SE teams. Some message boards would not even let me post, whereas Arsenal did not even get one response, and only one Chelsea fan bothered to respond. You lot and Brentford have been the most friendly.

You need to draw pictures if you want to get a response from C*****a but TBH if only one of them answered you don't know how lucky you are, most people would call that a fair result and hope for none next time.

I always have a soft spot for clubs managed by ex-Rs and you've had quite a few over the years. Slightly split loyalties over this one as FGR are my local side these days and I know a few people who go but good luck for the season.
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 00:29 - Aug 31 with 11276 viewsCiderwithRsie

P.S. any chance of a write up if Eze plays?
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 03:20 - Aug 31 with 11239 viewsSimonMayers

Thanks for your remind, I agree that the information is really missing Gareth Ainsworth.
https://driving-directionsmaps.com/
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 04:57 - Aug 31 with 11213 viewsShev

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 00:29 - Aug 31 by CiderwithRsie

P.S. any chance of a write up if Eze plays?

I will try and remember to come back on and give a summary, if he does!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024