Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shrewsbury town away circa 1979/80 12:47 - Jan 5 with 1465 viewslosethedrum

Big cup game this weekend for the shrews home to Hammers live on BBC on sunday ! Just chatting to Addinall about our trip there , in summary big Bobby Hazell got sent off Rangers ended up losing 3-0 to a rampant Town side at a packed gay meadow .We sat in the main stand but there was around 1500-2000 Rangers packed into one end , a major punch up flared up between 2 gentlemen who were old enough to know better i can still remember one single policeman coming in and breaking it up . Gate was over 9000 & the match programme was a newspaper which seemed odd , anyone else at this fixture with any memories to share ?
Shrewsbury town away circa 1979/80 on 13:04 - Jan 5 with 1425 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Don't remember this game. But for a few seasons in early eighties, Derby's programme used to look like a news paper. Think I've still got a couple in the lift.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 13:05]
Shrewsbury town away circa 1979/80 on 13:44 - Jan 5 with 1362 viewsWalnut

I was there, I went on the Special out from Euston. Don't remember too much apart from the score & the rickety stairs that led from the station down to the away end. We were pushing for promotion under Tommy Doc so this was a setback but midweek we went over to Stamford Swamp & beat them (they may have been top?) 0 2. Buzzer got one I think. Too many draws through April cost us promotion
Shrewsbury town away circa 1979/80 on 13:52 - Jan 5 with 1347 viewsLongsufferingR

Shrewsbury town away circa 1979/80 on 13:04 - Jan 5 by dodge_stoke_r

Don't remember this game. But for a few seasons in early eighties, Derby's programme used to look like a news paper. Think I've still got a couple in the lift.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 13:05]

Not sure what I'm more surprised at. That you have a lift in your house, or that you keep old programmes in it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024