Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread 14:32 - Feb 10 with 13677 viewsRangersDave

No that's not a full moon warning but if we win some would expect witchcraft.

1-1 draw i think with Rangers leading until the last 2 minutes.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 08:34 - Feb 11 with 1633 viewsBlue_Castello

Well our options are thin on the ground if we want a player to run and chase up front, Mackie and Sylla injured, Matt Smith too slow and from what I've seen so far Oteh struggling with the pace and physical side of the Championship.
People keep saying we have an overloaded squad, well it's certainly not up front and most of the excess is in the under 23s, apart from JET obviously.
Can't help feeling it's worth sticking with Wash even though he has been disappointing in front of goal so far, he has a lot of good attributes and he may yet come good, there's a few players over the years who have struggled to start with but have eventually turned into real gems.
Chris Wood struggled for a few seasons but last year couldn't stop scoring, I'm not saying Wash is definitely Championship material but a decent run of games till the end of the season may just kick start his goal scoring, bit of a gamble I know but we have few options up top.
The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 12:49 - Feb 11 with 1495 viewsderbyhoop

Sounds like a decent performance - after we went 2 goals down.

Competing well with the runaway leaders is very encouraging. It's also good to see another youngster (Eze) looking like he can make the step up to Championship level.I don't think we're in a position to write off these kids after one or two iffy games. They will need encouragement and lots of it. But the iffy games and fans writing them off would be par for the course.

Which brings us to Conor. He's clearly struggled with the step up from L1 to Championship. But, again, given the cost of strikers that are no more or not much more prolific than him, we cannot afford to write him off. He is our joint top scorer. But, there's still huge room for improvement. His conversion rate (chances to goals) needs work. He has to hit the target more often and that will/may come with work on the training ground. And with experience. He's still only 24.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 13:08 - Feb 11 with 1470 viewsTheBlob

I always think of Yannick Bolasie when considering Conor.Yannick had done the rounds at lower level,was wittering along with Palace and then decides he's going to score multiple times.All right he ended up with stats of 12 in 133 but was still deemed to be worth £25m when he went to Everton.Anything can happen in football.
I see a young man with an eye for goal.When was the last time you saw an R's player score with an approximation of an overhead kick?Yep,I believe that was my old mate Eduardo Vargas?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 13:32 - Feb 11 with 1437 viewskropotkin41

Conor is like a character from an old football album: he's either misplaced his magic boots or he needs some old timer to reveal a hitherto long forgotten technique for beating goalkeepers in one-on-ones. If Conor had scored even 1 in 3 of the bloody good chances he seems to have had I bet we'd be a few places higher up the table.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 13:33 - Feb 11 with 1435 viewsTHEBUSH

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 12:49 - Feb 11 by derbyhoop

Sounds like a decent performance - after we went 2 goals down.

Competing well with the runaway leaders is very encouraging. It's also good to see another youngster (Eze) looking like he can make the step up to Championship level.I don't think we're in a position to write off these kids after one or two iffy games. They will need encouragement and lots of it. But the iffy games and fans writing them off would be par for the course.

Which brings us to Conor. He's clearly struggled with the step up from L1 to Championship. But, again, given the cost of strikers that are no more or not much more prolific than him, we cannot afford to write him off. He is our joint top scorer. But, there's still huge room for improvement. His conversion rate (chances to goals) needs work. He has to hit the target more often and that will/may come with work on the training ground. And with experience. He's still only 24.

Conor Washington is an honest player and I think he´s exactly the type of player we should be encouraging.

Considering our financial situation, Ian Holloway is giving him loads of opportunities to prove himself and imo it´s the correct thing to do.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 14:33]
The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 13:43 - Feb 11 with 1418 viewsTheBlob

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 13:32 - Feb 11 by kropotkin41

Conor is like a character from an old football album: he's either misplaced his magic boots or he needs some old timer to reveal a hitherto long forgotten technique for beating goalkeepers in one-on-ones. If Conor had scored even 1 in 3 of the bloody good chances he seems to have had I bet we'd be a few places higher up the table.

Rather unfair to single out one player for the team's league position.

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 14:00 - Feb 11 with 1394 viewsLblock

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 13:43 - Feb 11 by TheBlob

Sir Les kept us up for years!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 14:01 - Feb 11 with 1395 viewskensalriser

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 13:43 - Feb 11 by TheBlob

Oh I don't know - if Smithies hadn't saved any shots this season I think it's fair to say we'd be bottom.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 14:04 - Feb 11 with 1388 viewsTheBlob

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 14:01 - Feb 11 by kensalriser

Oh I don't know - if Smithies hadn't saved any shots this season I think it's fair to say we'd be bottom.

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 14:41 - Feb 11 with 1358 viewsBushRanger82

Lost 2-1, poor first half from us, came out second half and played better with Conor Washington scoring a very good goal.
And that's about it, really.
The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 22:15 - Feb 11 with 1237 viewsCiderwithRsie

I would just like to point out that more than 24 hours since this thread started I have continuously had the following ear worm going round my head

Could do worse than that for pre-match music though.
The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 22:52 - Feb 11 with 1205 viewsisawqpratwcity

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 22:15 - Feb 11 by CiderwithRsie

I would just like to point out that more than 24 hours since this thread started I have continuously had the following ear worm going round my head

"...little old lady got mutilated late last night"

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 01:15 - Feb 12 with 1153 views18StoneOfHoop

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 22:15 - Feb 11 by CiderwithRsie

Dexys nicked from Zevon that catchy ear-worm tune

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 02:39 - Feb 12 with 1124 viewsisawqpratwcity

The Hooooowwwwwwl match thread on 01:15 - Feb 12 by 18StoneOfHoop

Dexys nicked from Zevon that catchy ear-worm tune

Jeez, you'd hope they gave Zevon writing credit!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024