Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goldsmiths Arms, East Acton 23:13 - Mar 28 with 3070 viewsjc_hoops

Not been on here in years, but still follow the "ups and downs" of our club via LFW, now Im asking for some assistance. This was one of my locals for decades (bounced between Goldies , Vic and Western) until I left London and now live in Aus, sadly many of the lads are trying to stop this act of social vandalism. The pub in areas is nearly 400 years old, and goes back to the early 1800's as a pub. It was always an R's boozer.....I know many have been pulled down, but signing this petition would be a first step to trying to reverse this decision....cheers

https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/Article/2019/03/22/West-Londoners-petition-c
Goldsmiths Arms, East Acton on 09:43 - Mar 29 with 2847 viewsplasmahoop

Good luck, I hope it succeeds, and sometimes it can. Its listed as an asset of community value, which is good, but ultimately someone or a group have to put the money up to buy it. Of two pubs near me, one did a community buy out and one closed because after all the protests nobody organised or proposed anything concrete to take it on But publicising it raises the chances, so good luck!
Goldsmiths Arms, East Acton on 11:49 - Mar 29 with 2736 viewsdaveB

pub has been shut for ages now, think it closed down about a year ago as part of a big development
Goldsmiths Arms, East Acton on 13:09 - Mar 29 with 2663 viewsPorkpie

Just to add to this, here is the demolition application on the Ealing Council website for people to object to. How much difference it will make is unclear, but the more objections the better...

https://pam.ealing.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=ne
Goldsmiths Arms, East Acton on 21:23 - Mar 29 with 2512 viewsqueensparker

Same with the Corrib in Queens Park - a massive old Irish pub that was a brilliant community resource but has been sitting derelict for a few years now like the Goldsmiths.

Seems like developers buy them up, the community/council stop them being bulldozed for shitty flatpacked investment flats, but it’s not easy to then find someone to take them on as pubs again as there’s so little money in it these days.

Many happy memories of the Goldsmiths garden as a kid, hope it stays.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024