Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesboro stats 13:11 - Nov 7 with 2907 viewsPinnerPaul

Home table we're 16th and they are 22nd in away table

Last 6 we're 17th and they are 24th

Goals scored at home we're 3rd
Goals conceded at home we're 24th!

Goals scored away they are 21st
Goals conceded away they are 11th

I'll stop there!
Middlesboro stats on 13:46 - Nov 9 with 396 viewsCamberleyR

Middlesboro stats on 13:28 - Nov 9 by Boston

A pic from the home fixture 77/78, but not the programme cover. That day we recorded a 1-0 win courtesy of a goal by Martyn Busby. Unlucky was Busby, came through the youth and was a very talented player, suffered a broken leg away at Fulham and never reached the potential older fans assured me he had. I think(not 100%), that Martyn's brother Viv played for Fulham in that match.

I've read that some people at the time, prior to his horrific injury (was it an open fracture he sustained a bit like David Busst/Eduardo?), rated Martyn Busby higher than Gerry Francis.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Middlesboro stats on 13:56 - Nov 9 with 383 viewsBoston

Middlesboro stats on 13:46 - Nov 9 by CamberleyR

I've read that some people at the time, prior to his horrific injury (was it an open fracture he sustained a bit like David Busst/Eduardo?), rated Martyn Busby higher than Gerry Francis.

It was an open fracture. I can only repeat what older blokes said at the time, that Busby was the best player to ever come through the ranks and that his playing days were over. Obviously he overcame his injury and became a reliable if not memorable squad member. I'd always hoped we'd sign his brother to be honest.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024