Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your first Mobile phone and PC ? 23:50 - Nov 17 with 3751 views2Thomas2Bowles

Phone Mercury one2one M301 1994 cost £250 the great thing back in the day was free calls after 7pm
I think I had it when it was just Mercury Com

PC built your own about 1994/5, Windows 3.1 Pentium 166MHz / Dos 6, some stupid low Mb HD, and floppy discs, Doom and Sam and Max game
[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 7:28]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Your first Mobile phone and PC ? on 15:26 - Nov 19 with 633 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Your first Mobile phone and PC ? on 13:44 - Nov 19 by LunarJetman

We used to have Videotron cable TV when I was still at home. We also took the phone deal with them so we had a landline that offered free calls to any other Videotron customers.

In those days you paid an internet provider a fee to use their service plus you then had to pay for the calls you made on the phone to them so having internet was quite expensive.

I found out that an internet provider, Dircon who offered their dial up service that was free but you paid for the calls, but crucially they had an an alternative line from the usual 0845 numbers that was a local Videotron line. So I got this which meant that we had free calls to dial up internet long before this was a thing.

Even when Videotron (they may have become Cable and Wireless by this time) said they were going to charge £10 a month for unlimited calls to business lines it still meant unlimited internet access for £10!

It was a long time before it became financially worth switching to another provider!

As an aside, C&W eventually got bought out by NTL who my brother used for cable TV in the flat he rented with a mate. The cable TV box had a boot up display that said NLT which pretty much summed up the competency of their service....
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 13:46]

Videotron Jukebox!

When the video for 'November Rain' came out it was played almost constantly for 6 months.

Good times

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Your first Mobile phone and PC ? on 16:20 - Nov 19 with 596 viewsrobith

nokia 3210 matez, got the high score on snake innit
Your first Mobile phone and PC ? on 18:02 - Nov 20 with 524 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Your first Mobile phone and PC ? on 13:00 - Nov 18 by LongsufferingR

Never had a mobile.

Hats off to you. A rare breed indeed.
Your first Mobile phone and PC ? on 18:12 - Nov 20 with 513 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I also started with the Mercury one2one phone on the golden contract that they couldn't terminate and you could transfer on. I later sold that contract on Loot for a handsome sum.

Computer wise I wanted a Spectrum 48k as my school ran a computer club with hundreds of games that you could borrow and (ah-hum) copy. My dad, bless him, 'surprised' me with a Dragon 32k. There were a literally a handful of games on the market and the company soon went bust. Traded it in for a Commodore 64.
Your first Mobile phone and PC ? on 18:18 - Nov 20 with 510 viewsBoston

The first I ever used was ‘the brick’, whatever the feck that was. It was given to me by one of my wife’s brother in laws (we were working together) and him being all techie gadgety was over the moon at being able to talk whenever. Honestly, it was the only time I was ever glad he was so loud because reception was like listening to the BBC World Service in Papua New Guinea.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Your first Mobile phone and PC ? on 18:42 - Nov 20 with 502 views2Thomas2Bowles

Your first Mobile phone and PC ? on 18:12 - Nov 20 by Benny_the_Ball

I also started with the Mercury one2one phone on the golden contract that they couldn't terminate and you could transfer on. I later sold that contract on Loot for a handsome sum.

Computer wise I wanted a Spectrum 48k as my school ran a computer club with hundreds of games that you could borrow and (ah-hum) copy. My dad, bless him, 'surprised' me with a Dragon 32k. There were a literally a handful of games on the market and the company soon went bust. Traded it in for a Commodore 64.

Loot
Forgot all about them, was ok the first few years, used it a lot but got too big and then eBay came along and killed it and now there is Gumtree.

Surprised to see there is still a website for them, it looks useless.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 18:43]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024