Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Okay now you're taking the p*ss 12:21 - Feb 13 with 11272 viewsBuckR

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7999603/Millwall-plan-increas

I had a laugh when I saw this and then remembered our own situation!
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 08:45 - Feb 24 with 1143 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 07:39 - Feb 24 by QPR_Jim

Not to forget the support for the Kiyan Prince Foundation.

I'm not sure what it is you would have the club do. You mention ownership and I suspect that part of it would be to have some of the club gifted to supporters. But even though I agree with fans being involved and on the board of clubs I don't think that a local council should impose that on a club in exchange for support in building a new stadium. It should be brought in at a high level so all club's do it rather than being imposed on one or two clubs.

It's ok to say that we're not talking about all the good work the club does do, but the council need to understand that if we leave the borough then that's not likely to continue. If we have a new stadium in the borough then QPR in the community would have a better base and probably be able to do even more.

KPF is another great one. The club has come along massively and I am immensely proud of the stuff they do.

I’m talking about providing real tangible and physical assets to the community when developing land for a football stadium. Understand Millwall are building a community centre alongside their stadium. Perhaps we could provide x amount of social housing housing units, or free to play football pitches like the AstroTurf on SAR, or a school or medical centre. Under our current plans we are removing a asset in the LCS and replacing it with a privately owned football club.

I’m obviously coming from a ideological standpoint here, but even having the local Cllr and MP ok the board alongside elected supporter(s) would help. threatening to move outside the borough isn’t much of a threat. We don’t employ from the community I assume. Might affect local business I suppose but probably not as much as we think, considering we only play once a fortnight for 8 months a year.

So much more we could do, but they are probably things that are not palatable to multi billionaires.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 8:54]
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 09:23 - Feb 24 with 1094 viewsQPR_Jim

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 08:45 - Feb 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

KPF is another great one. The club has come along massively and I am immensely proud of the stuff they do.

I’m talking about providing real tangible and physical assets to the community when developing land for a football stadium. Understand Millwall are building a community centre alongside their stadium. Perhaps we could provide x amount of social housing housing units, or free to play football pitches like the AstroTurf on SAR, or a school or medical centre. Under our current plans we are removing a asset in the LCS and replacing it with a privately owned football club.

I’m obviously coming from a ideological standpoint here, but even having the local Cllr and MP ok the board alongside elected supporter(s) would help. threatening to move outside the borough isn’t much of a threat. We don’t employ from the community I assume. Might affect local business I suppose but probably not as much as we think, considering we only play once a fortnight for 8 months a year.

So much more we could do, but they are probably things that are not palatable to multi billionaires.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 8:54]

But we've not got to the planning stage yet, the council can request community facilities at the new stadium or as part of the LR development if we got so far as submitting plans, like Ealing have at Warren Farm. They can also request affordable housing etc on the LR site.

If they won't let us use the site they'll not be able to get those facilities. If we leave the area, jobs and businesses may not be massively effected but I would assume our good community work will go with it and be centered around our new home.

They seem opposed to it because they don't like the board, not because it couldn't be good for the public. You might not like property developers but if he didn't do it, someone else would. So the issue shouldn't be with him but that the housing market is able to be exploited like that, which is a result of political decisions past and present. Perhaps focus should be on righting those wrongs not personal anger at those who have exploited it legally.
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 10:47 - Feb 24 with 1058 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 09:23 - Feb 24 by QPR_Jim

But we've not got to the planning stage yet, the council can request community facilities at the new stadium or as part of the LR development if we got so far as submitting plans, like Ealing have at Warren Farm. They can also request affordable housing etc on the LR site.

If they won't let us use the site they'll not be able to get those facilities. If we leave the area, jobs and businesses may not be massively effected but I would assume our good community work will go with it and be centered around our new home.

They seem opposed to it because they don't like the board, not because it couldn't be good for the public. You might not like property developers but if he didn't do it, someone else would. So the issue shouldn't be with him but that the housing market is able to be exploited like that, which is a result of political decisions past and present. Perhaps focus should be on righting those wrongs not personal anger at those who have exploited it legally.

H&F Council have usable reserves of £238m, I don't think the need us to develop the Linford Christie stadium.

I don't like the board either:

Tony Fernandes
(Under investigation for receiving bribes)

Ruben Gnanalingam

Kamarudin Bin Meranun
(Accused of share price manipulation)

Amit Bhatia
(investigated by competition watchdog)

Jamie Reuben
(gentrifier in chief)

Maybe its all unfounded accusations, but I don't think these guys are well entirely meaning philanthropists.

I know my expectations are unrealistic but this is what we as a fan base should be fighting for.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 11:01]
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 13:47 - Feb 24 with 994 viewsQPR_Jim

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 10:47 - Feb 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

H&F Council have usable reserves of £238m, I don't think the need us to develop the Linford Christie stadium.

I don't like the board either:

Tony Fernandes

Ruben Gnanalingam

Kamarudin Bin Meranun
(Accused of share price manipulation)

Amit Bhatia
(investigated by competition watchdog)

Jamie Reuben
(gentrifier in chief)

Maybe its all unfounded accusations, but I don't think these guys are well entirely meaning philanthropists.

I know my expectations are unrealistic but this is what we as a fan base should be fighting for.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 11:01]

Perhaps they do have usable reserves but why have they not refurbished the site themselves? Why did their options also include for other partners such as imperial college? They clearly don't want to refurbish it themselves as they don't want to maintain it. They just don't seem to want anyone else to do anything with it either.

We don't need them to be philanthropists, if they get the club operating sustainably in a new training ground and stadium then those assets and the sustainable nature of the business will be reflected in the sale price if the choose to leave. It should be an investment not a gift.
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 13:58 - Feb 24 with 976 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 13:47 - Feb 24 by QPR_Jim

Perhaps they do have usable reserves but why have they not refurbished the site themselves? Why did their options also include for other partners such as imperial college? They clearly don't want to refurbish it themselves as they don't want to maintain it. They just don't seem to want anyone else to do anything with it either.

We don't need them to be philanthropists, if they get the club operating sustainably in a new training ground and stadium then those assets and the sustainable nature of the business will be reflected in the sale price if the choose to leave. It should be an investment not a gift.

I don't think it's fair to say they don't want anyone else doing it and as far as I can see they haven't ruled out QPR having it. They just have a few pre conditions.
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 14:13 - Feb 24 with 965 viewshoopdog

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 13:58 - Feb 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don't think it's fair to say they don't want anyone else doing it and as far as I can see they haven't ruled out QPR having it. They just have a few pre conditions.

Yeah like the owners paying a proper price
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024