Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All you on Gower.... 13:52 - May 31 with 3680 viewsdickythorpe

...say hello and tell me where exactly you live?
Plus how are things? Is it getting busier? What premises are doing takeaways?
I think the Britannia is.....gosh I miss the area immensely.
All you on Gower.... on 10:21 - Jun 2 with 768 viewsgrabsplatter

All you on Gower.... on 09:51 - Jun 2 by LeonWasGod

Caswell car park opened yesterday, so I assume Langland is open now too. We're supposed to be avoiding travelling more than 5 miles, but I doubt anyone will stick to that.

All the council run beach car parks opened yesterday - no lifeguard supervision on the beaches though
All you on Gower.... on 10:28 - Jun 2 with 766 viewschad

Seems NT car parks still shut in Wales. Helpline bod just checked the website (as I had already done). Was totally unaware that Wales had changed its lockdown position.
All you on Gower.... on 12:35 - Jun 2 with 724 viewsSwanjaxs

We gonna need a bigger boat 👀

Shark found cut off from sea and swimming around water pool on Welsh beach

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/shark-found-cut-sea-swimming-18346

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

All you on Gower.... on 12:39 - Jun 2 with 720 viewsdickythorpe

The golf courses are open, are the clubhouses?
All you on Gower.... on 18:37 - Jun 2 with 684 viewsBrynmill_Jack

All you on Gower.... on 14:53 - May 31 by dickythorpe

Llanstephan beach which is 7 miles from me has its car park closed.......however if you reside there you're allowed to go onto the beach.

The locals are keeping an eye on any unknown vehicle/person in the village.

Llansteffan

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

All you on Gower.... on 18:39 - Jun 2 with 682 viewsdickythorpe

All you on Gower.... on 18:37 - Jun 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Llansteffan

https://beachguide.wales/swalessomerset/llanstephan.php
All you on Gower.... on 18:54 - Jun 2 with 664 viewsjazzswan

Pretty busy in Langland today . Car park is open , groups of youths arriving with bottles of corona ! Walked there but It was hard going picking your way through the people on the beach , keeping 2metres from them to get in the sea for a swim ! Lockdown is definitely over for many people !
All you on Gower.... on 19:19 - Jun 2 with 648 viewsjack247

All you on Gower.... on 18:54 - Jun 2 by jazzswan

Pretty busy in Langland today . Car park is open , groups of youths arriving with bottles of corona ! Walked there but It was hard going picking your way through the people on the beach , keeping 2metres from them to get in the sea for a swim ! Lockdown is definitely over for many people !

It won’t be for long if they keep that up.

As much as people have missed the beach, the sensible thing to do is avoid Langland and Caswell until the novelty wears off.
Login to get fewer ads

All you on Gower.... on 21:15 - Jun 2 with 625 viewsLeonWasGod

All you on Gower.... on 19:19 - Jun 2 by jack247

It won’t be for long if they keep that up.

As much as people have missed the beach, the sensible thing to do is avoid Langland and Caswell until the novelty wears off.

I think so. I have a daily(ish) walk down to Caswell but will be steering clear of the crowds and going early or late. Just because we can go doesn't mean we should. I may be being too cautious, but then that fits in with work and school where were unlikely to be back mixing until september at the earliest.

It is possible to eradicate this completely and quickly by doing the right thing and we should still be locking down hard imo - NZ proved that and have had no cases in 10-12 days now. Did you see their BLM protests? They were packed shoulder to shoulder, which looked really weird, but they can do that now again and lead perfectly normal lives. It's the perfect example of how we've got it so very wrong in terms of both health and economy. It's not one or the other - good health-centric actions are good for the economy too).

Anyway, I've gone off track a bit, but yeah we'll be in trouble again soon because people aren't taking this seriously (rates already rising last few days).
All you on Gower.... on 22:26 - Jun 2 with 605 viewsdickythorpe

Is the Langland Brasserie open for alcoholic drinks?
All you on Gower.... on 23:13 - Jun 2 with 588 viewsBrynmill_Jack

........”look at me look at me”

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

All you on Gower.... on 08:17 - Jun 3 with 533 viewsjack247

All you on Gower.... on 22:26 - Jun 2 by dickythorpe

Is the Langland Brasserie open for alcoholic drinks?

Don’t know mate, but if you’re considering driving that far to go to a packed beach you’re mad!
All you on Gower.... on 08:29 - Jun 3 with 530 viewsjack_lord

All you on Gower.... on 08:17 - Jun 3 by jack247

Don’t know mate, but if you’re considering driving that far to go to a packed beach you’re mad!

The Newton Inn was open yesterday evening for "takeway" drinks. There were quite a few/lot of punters and the police turned up. No idea if they were called out but they were all moved away by the time I came back from the shop. There was a gang of about fifty kids by the pavilion in Underhill park, so I guess we will quickly find out if this virus is fading if the same behaviour is happening in all the other areas.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024