Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crown & Sceptre Landlord 20:09 - Jun 9 with 13653 viewsLblock

Just seen on a QPR WhatsApp group that the Landlord of the C&S may have passed away today?

Hope that's wrong.

Anyone confirm or hopefully deny???

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Crown & Sceptre Landlord on 12:26 - Jun 30 with 1779 viewsFulhamFreds

Very sad - Good man - who run a great pub.

RIP Gerry.
Crown & Sceptre Landlord on 15:45 - Jun 30 with 1603 viewsqpr_1968

got to the crown and sceptre at around 12.30.
a good turn out of a couple of hundred people.
hearse left the pub just after 1 o clock, to a very emotional round of applause that lasted for a good few minutes.

best wishes to the family.....rip Gerry.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Crown & Sceptre Landlord on 12:40 - Mar 9 with 1227 viewsCamberleyR

I used to know a Gerry Higgins, who when I knew him was the governor of the Cambridge Hotel in my home town of Camberley back in the 90s. It never occurred to me that when I saw the name Gerry Higgins who was governor at the Crown that they could be the same person (I used to drink in the Crown before games but haven't been in there for a few years).

I have just looked on the C & S's Facebook page out of curiosity, seen a picture and fck me, it's the same bloke, I'm slightly stunned. What an absolutely fantastic bloke Gerry was when I knew him 25 years ago. I got to know him fairly well through work (they used to do their banking where I worked) and socially as the Cambridge Hotel used to be the busiest boozer in Camberley back then. Whenever I went in and he was there and he saw me, he would always get the first drink in on the house without fail.

I can only echo what others have said, he was a really lovely bloke born to run a pub and is sorely missed.

RIP Gerry.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024