Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodon 00:25 - Aug 23 with 3948 viewsKerouac

If he was to be transferred to a Premier League side this window, what would be a fair price in the current market?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Rodon on 00:41 - Aug 23 with 2712 viewsbuilthjack

Inexperienced. Had a few injuries. Probably £5m plus add ons.
Stay, have a good season, prove himself. £15 - 20m

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rodon on 08:29 - Aug 23 with 2619 viewsNeath_Jack

We'll have done well to get anywhere close to £10m.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Rodon on 12:30 - Aug 23 with 2481 viewsjasper_T

He's shown enough for club and country to warrant bidding starting at £10m as it did with Oli and DJ. Local boy, got all the attributes, just been unlucky with contact injuries.

Similar position David Brooks was in before Bournemouth snapped him up. Clubs will be looking at him and thinking if it hadn't been for injuries he could be beyond them already. Ben White (a better player than Rodon but not by a huge distance) has had one good full season in the Championship and looking at potentially £30m+ from top sides.
Rodon on 12:40 - Aug 23 with 2471 viewsBadlands

£3-5 million.
Although he has shown he is a good player and outstanding prospect he has only played 50 fish games in three seasons at senior level and has had a series of long injuries.
There are a good few similar defenders of Championship level to choose from.
While we would want £15 million, realistically it won't happen.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Rodon on 12:58 - Aug 23 with 2460 viewsKilkennyjack

Rodon on 12:40 - Aug 23 by Badlands

£3-5 million.
Although he has shown he is a good player and outstanding prospect he has only played 50 fish games in three seasons at senior level and has had a series of long injuries.

Has size, pace and can play.
Not many can match that.
Already an international.

Defenders mature later than strikers.

Joe is a way better prospect than both James and McBurnie.

Lets start at £20 m or he stays.

The injuries are the only negative but they will calm down.

Beware of the Risen People

Rodon on 13:45 - Aug 23 with 2427 viewshobo

Young, British centreback, mature beyond his years. £35m+ - whether we should sell at that price or hold out for more is another matter
Rodon on 14:06 - Aug 23 with 2402 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rodon on 12:40 - Aug 23 by Badlands

£3-5 million.

Hi Huw. Seems you still use the cheap and cheerful method of valuing players for sale lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rodon on 14:18 - Aug 23 with 2398 viewsDr_Winston

Probably a similar sort of price to the one we paid for Mawson. Maybe a bit more. Talk of £20m+ is bonkers.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Rodon on 14:46 - Aug 23 with 2370 viewsReslovenSwan1

Rodon on 14:18 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

Probably a similar sort of price to the one we paid for Mawson. Maybe a bit more. Talk of £20m+ is bonkers.

Obviously its bonkers but this is football. A good word from Giggsy and bingo.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Rodon on 14:46 - Aug 23 with 2368 viewsBadlands

Rodon on 12:58 - Aug 23 by Kilkennyjack

Has size, pace and can play.
Not many can match that.
Already an international.

Defenders mature later than strikers.

Joe is a way better prospect than both James and McBurnie.

Lets start at £20 m or he stays.

The injuries are the only negative but they will calm down.

Up to your valuation, I agree but outside Swansea not so many would.
£20 million? No where near.
Is he better than Mike Van Der horn at the same age? Not sure about that either. What he has got going for him is he's British and that will make a difference once cheaper imports are harder to come by.
And, if he doesn't get a 'big' move will his toys go the same way as Roberts' seemed to?

Rodon on 15:12 - Aug 23 with 2349 viewsKilkennyjack

Rodon on 14:18 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

In my eyes simply no comparison.

Pace alone reveals a gulf in potential.
Then throw in his size and his football.

Giggs has already likened him to Pallister.
Man Utd really need a centre back.

McGuire was £80 million.

£20 million is minimum, plus add ons for future success.
More if his injury record was not the worry it is.

And no such football team as ‘British’...

Rodon on 15:14 - Aug 23 with 2347 viewsKilkennyjack

Rodon on 14:46 - Aug 23 by Badlands

Up to your valuation, I agree but outside Swansea not so many would.
£20 million? No where near.
Is he better than Mike Van Der horn at the same age? Not sure about that either. What he has got going for him is he's British and that will make a difference once cheaper imports are harder to come by.
And, if he doesn't get a 'big' move will his toys go the same way as Roberts' seemed to?

Joe has far more potential than Mikey or Roberts.
Not even close.

Rodon on 16:33 - Aug 23 with 2290 viewsswancity

Rodon on 15:14 - Aug 23 by Kilkennyjack

Joe has far more potential than Mikey or Roberts.
Not even close.

Undoubtedly he’s got potential

But a bit like John Stones he’s a great talent but like Stones he’s got a few too many mistakes in his game

What’s he worth? As always whatever someone is prepared to pay. That could be as much as £7m to £8m even in these uncertain times.

You could see a club like Everton taking a stab but he’s very inexperienced still

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Rodon on 14:24 - Aug 24 with 2079 viewsCatullus

Rodon on 15:12 - Aug 23 by Kilkennyjack

In my eyes simply no comparison.

Pace alone reveals a gulf in potential.
Then throw in his size and his football.

Giggs has already likened him to Pallister.
Man Utd really need a centre back.

McGuire was £80 million.

£20 million is minimum, plus add ons for future success.
More if his injury record was not the worry it is.

And no such football team as ‘British’...

He was bought for 80 million after winning the EPL with Leicester though, Rodon hasn't got that card to play. Macguire had 2 full seasons with Leicester, how many EPL games has Rodon played?

The injuries, as much as people might like to dismiss them, will be in the thoughts of any buying manager. Some players are blighted all through their career and who wants to pay big bucks for a defender who seems to get easily injured through contact?

Pace is pace, it is not potential, it is a quality. The ability to tackle properly, to pass well, to read the game, they are what's looked for and the potential is looking like you can get better. Pace will evaporate with age but really good players are a yard faster in their thinking and that's what keeps them at the top. Think Sheringham, Speed, Pirlo...Giggs!
Of course the injury thing, lots of injuries can rob you off pace too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Rodon on 14:42 - Aug 24 with 2065 viewsHighjack

Rodon on 14:24 - Aug 24 by Catullus

He was bought for 80 million after winning the EPL with Leicester though, Rodon hasn't got that card to play. Macguire had 2 full seasons with Leicester, how many EPL games has Rodon played?

The injuries, as much as people might like to dismiss them, will be in the thoughts of any buying manager. Some players are blighted all through their career and who wants to pay big bucks for a defender who seems to get easily injured through contact?

Pace is pace, it is not potential, it is a quality. The ability to tackle properly, to pass well, to read the game, they are what's looked for and the potential is looking like you can get better. Pace will evaporate with age but really good players are a yard faster in their thinking and that's what keeps them at the top. Think Sheringham, Speed, Pirlo...Giggs!

Maguire wasn’t at Leicester when they won the league. He was bought on his supposedly strong performance in the World Cup.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Rodon on 21:27 - Aug 24 with 1944 viewsKilkennyjack

Rodon on 14:24 - Aug 24 by Catullus

He was not at Leicester, you fecking div.... 😂😂

Also a lack of pace rules out 90 per cent of players from being top top quality.
Joe has it - therefore his potential is not as limited as most players.
Joe has the potential to be a Champions League player.
Mawson - nowhere near that potential.

£20 m - plus add ons.

Rodon on 21:33 - Aug 24 with 1937 viewsdunvantjack100

Can’t believe some of the fees I’ve read.. 3-5 million?

We as a club have to play hardball over players like this that are only going to move to the Prem. if he moves to a Premier League side, has one good season and a Euro’s and he’s worth crazy money. Look at Ake, Maguire etc..

Not that he’s already worth it, but the potential is there. If he wanted to leave, I’d let him go at £20-25 million with a 15% sell on clause.

He’s only going to go up in value the more he proves himself at club and country.
Rodon on 22:45 - Aug 24 with 1896 viewsKilkennyjack

Rodon on 21:33 - Aug 24 by dunvantjack100

Can’t believe some of the fees I’ve read.. 3-5 million?

We as a club have to play hardball over players like this that are only going to move to the Prem. if he moves to a Premier League side, has one good season and a Euro’s and he’s worth crazy money. Look at Ake, Maguire etc..

Not that he’s already worth it, but the potential is there. If he wanted to leave, I’d let him go at £20-25 million with a 15% sell on clause.

He’s only going to go up in value the more he proves himself at club and country.

Great post - spot on.

Rodon on 00:02 - Aug 25 with 1875 viewsAndyCole

Excellent, brute of a CH, a man mountain, who can and has thrived in this league.

More Thompson than Hansen, which unfortunately is less attractive to the superpowers.

Would prefer to see him stay and build on his wider game. Wilmot was a good litmus test for him and it was clear Wilmot's ball-playing and connection with 2nd phase forward momentum edged it.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Rodon on 08:57 - Aug 25 with 1815 viewsBadlands

Rodon on 00:02 - Aug 25 by AndyCole

Excellent, brute of a CH, a man mountain, who can and has thrived in this league.

More Thompson than Hansen, which unfortunately is less attractive to the superpowers.

Would prefer to see him stay and build on his wider game. Wilmot was a good litmus test for him and it was clear Wilmot's ball-playing and connection with 2nd phase forward momentum edged it.

Superb at this level and, given his Wales performances, has potential to go to the top but, my fear is that Rodon will continue with leg injuries and be valueless as a player or asset for long stretches of his career.
If we can get a good price (£5-8 million) I think we should cash in.

Rodon on 19:41 - Aug 25 with 1718 viewsNotLoyal

Rodon on 08:57 - Aug 25 by Badlands

Superb at this level and, given his Wales performances, has potential to go to the top but, my fear is that Rodon will continue with leg injuries and be valueless as a player or asset for long stretches of his career.

I’m sure the yanks would love the cash, but will it be reinvested ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Rodon on 19:45 - Aug 25 with 1716 viewsJoe_bradshaw

He’s been left out of the Welsh squad for the September internationals because he’s recovering from injury so he presumably won’t be fit to start the season.

I wouldn’t take a punt on him in this window if I was a potential purchaser. I’d wait and see whether he can get fit, stay fit and have a decent run in the team first.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Rodon on 19:51 - Aug 25 with 1712 viewsBadlands

Rodon on 19:41 - Aug 25 by NotLoyal

I’m sure the yanks would love the cash, but will it be reinvested ?

22 posts (21 of them sensible and on topic) before another tired comment about the Americans and bang goes another tidy discussion.

Rodon on 20:59 - Aug 25 with 1678 viewsKilkennyjack

Rodon on 19:45 - Aug 25 by Joe_bradshaw

He’s been left out of the Welsh squad for the September internationals because he’s recovering from injury so he presumably won’t be fit to start the season.

I wouldn’t take a punt on him in this window if I was a potential purchaser. I’d wait and see whether he can get fit, stay fit and have a decent run in the team first.

Well done Giggs for looking after him.

Wales needs Joe next summer, not this one.

Rodon on 18:11 - Aug 27 with 1458 viewsNortbankboy

Rodon on 08:57 - Aug 25 by Badlands

Roden has come on this season.But there a mistake in him
Every game.Which at a higher level he will get punished.

As for Conner roberts,he's been poor this year as full back and gives the ball away to easily.
But when he switched to wing back,he looked a lot more comfortable
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024