Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Green 09:52 - Sep 30 with 6127 viewsDubaiR

Apparently incoming, 22 released by Villa but had decent loan spells at Preston and Charlton. Played in all the Villa play off games, was highly rated at one point. Not a bad free signing this one if we pull it off.
Andre Green on 15:06 - Sep 30 with 1768 viewsW7Ranger

Andre Green on 14:54 - Sep 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Good info.

I wonder how many minutes he played on either wing.

Also, the Cardiff goal was down the left but it was a breakaway from a corner so he may have played on the right that day, I can't remember.

Well he scored his first against Cardiff from the right.
Then his second on the left but he started on the centre circle and then sprinted to the left to get Lumley's brilliant clearance. (training ground routine that one, see them attempt it so many times since)
Then I think he got 2 assists from the right in the 2nd half.

11/10 performance that one. I think our goal difference was -9 before that game. I honestly thought we would wipe it out. We were so good that day. Had BOS stayed on, I'm sure he would've got his hat trick, or set another one or two. He/we were that good for 65mins.
Andre Green on 15:07 - Sep 30 with 1759 viewsextratimeR

Just had quick chat with Villa family member, all sounds good, very pacey, knows how to beat a player, Steve Bruce got the best out of him wide on the left, (a lot of this has obviously been mentioned here already) only negative was " tends to take to many touches sometimes"
Andre Green on 15:08 - Sep 30 with 1755 viewsDavieQPR

Contrary to a previous comment he had a pretty disastrous spell at Preston and his loan was cut short. Preston like to play with their wingers tucked in whereas Green likes to play wide. He seems a much more suitable addition than Adomah. I would be quite happy to get him, it will depend if he wants to rebuild his career or wants the money.
Andre Green on 16:43 - Sep 30 with 1464 viewsphilc

I was reading that Charlton played him down the middle and they seem to think that could be his best position.

Providing he fits the budget he could be worth the chance
Andre Green on 17:49 - Sep 30 with 1233 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Andre Green on 13:42 - Sep 30 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm not sure about that. I think he works hard to influence play and rather than play on top of a solid structure, I think he's a huge part of it.

I agree he’s a grafter. There’s no lack of effort there. I’ve just never really seem him as a match winner as such. He tends to score and play better in our better team performances. Not really a criticism, I’m sure the same could be said about lots of players.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024