Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR v Derby 1970 16:09 - Feb 7 with 1787 viewsHayesender

Some great footage here

Poll: Shamima Beghum

QPR v Derby 1970 on 16:16 - Feb 7 with 1769 viewsterryb

Thanks for that, I remember it well!

Derby had been promoted the season before & one of the television companies were filming a documentary on Clough during that season.

I can still remember in his summing up of the season him bemoaning that they had lost to THAT LOT in the FA Cup.
QPR v Derby 1970 on 16:35 - Feb 7 with 1717 viewsBoston

Love the keeper slipping in the mud for the second.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR v Derby 1970 on 17:09 - Feb 7 with 1684 viewscharmr

My first game aged 8, the mud, the kit, the atmosphere...............hooked
QPR v Derby 1970 on 17:15 - Feb 7 with 1673 viewsTGRRRSSS

Is that the old Ellerslie Road stand?

I think the one from now was built... late 70's??

Apparently a building firm from Maidenhead
QPR v Derby 1970 on 17:55 - Feb 7 with 1622 viewsQPRKirty

If they returned the paddocks to how they were and got rid of those stupid exec boxes, it would increase our capacity quite a bit.
I used to have a season ticket near the dugouts half way back. It was great there and the atmosphere really good.
QPR v Derby 1970 on 18:19 - Feb 7 with 1587 viewsplasmahoop

QPR v Derby 1970 on 17:15 - Feb 7 by TGRRRSSS

Is that the old Ellerslie Road stand?

I think the one from now was built... late 70's??

Apparently a building firm from Maidenhead

According to my old football grounds of great Britain book, the current one was built in 1972, so that would be the old one. Looks pretty similar on the face of it. Don't think I've seen footage of the old one before. Most old videos tend to be from the mid 70s onwards
QPR v Derby 1970 on 18:29 - Feb 7 with 1569 viewsBoston

QPR v Derby 1970 on 18:19 - Feb 7 by plasmahoop

According to my old football grounds of great Britain book, the current one was built in 1972, so that would be the old one. Looks pretty similar on the face of it. Don't think I've seen footage of the old one before. Most old videos tend to be from the mid 70s onwards

72' it was. As mentioned before, only been in the Ellerslie twice in my life, the day it opened and the evening Routledge ripped Reading a new one when we won 4-1(?) I'd say the newer stand has a third higher capacity than the old one.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR v Derby 1970 on 18:33 - Feb 7 with 1560 viewsCamberleyR

QPR v Derby 1970 on 17:55 - Feb 7 by QPRKirty

If they returned the paddocks to how they were and got rid of those stupid exec boxes, it would increase our capacity quite a bit.
I used to have a season ticket near the dugouts half way back. It was great there and the atmosphere really good.

That will never happen. Take away the executive boxes and you take away the only other income stream the stadium has other than matchday ticket sales. If you did that, it wouldn't bring back that many seats anyway, 1500-2000 tops.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR v Derby 1970 on 18:34 - Feb 7 with 1547 viewsterryb

QPR v Derby 1970 on 18:29 - Feb 7 by Boston

72' it was. As mentioned before, only been in the Ellerslie twice in my life, the day it opened and the evening Routledge ripped Reading a new one when we won 4-1(?) I'd say the newer stand has a third higher capacity than the old one.

I was playing that season & so my memory could be way out, but wasn't it p*ssing it down with rain & we lost at home to Oxford?

We definitely lost on the day that the SA Road stand was opened as well!
QPR v Derby 1970 on 19:21 - Feb 7 with 1504 viewsCamberleyR

Old

Old, under demolition

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR v Derby 1970 on 19:22 - Feb 7 with 1499 viewsTGRRRSSS

I'd never seen that side either, good to see, imagine it was very small and tightly compact then too.
QPR v Derby 1970 on 19:49 - Feb 7 with 1454 viewshantssi

QPR v Derby 1970 on 18:29 - Feb 7 by Boston

I’ve only ever been in there a handful of times myself, last time Blackburn at home October ‘19!
It was weird watching from that side like it was all back to front!
QPR v Derby 1970 on 20:56 - Feb 7 with 1387 viewsdixiedean

Legend has it that the old wooden Ellerslie stand was moved from the old Park Royal ground . The teams came out from separate tunnels from the changing rooms . And I think that’s right that we played Oxford when the new one opened in 72. Had a season ticket there with my grandad for years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024