Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest accounts 07:52 - Mar 11 with 5535 viewsNorthernr

For 19/20 (pre-Covid), just the £32m lost this time.

Forest accounts on 11:52 - Mar 11 with 1752 viewsBostonR

The EFL are in a tailspin on what to do with FFP pre and post Covid. I understand Lee Hoos was seeking support from other Championship clubs to re-consider our FFP penalties and got short-shrift.
The economic hit on all aspects of dally life is still not fully known, but we all know it is huge. Football clubs are not immune and when you see numbers like the Forest accounts, it makes no-sense for the EFL to continue to enforce our penalties.
The club should see out the season and give notice of their intention not to continue paying the penalties as well as recouping what has been paid to-date.
That would leave the EFL and the Championship clubs with a huge problem to resolve rather than kick the can down the road.
Forest accounts on 11:59 - Mar 11 with 1719 viewsNorthernr

Forest accounts on 11:52 - Mar 11 by BostonR

The EFL are in a tailspin on what to do with FFP pre and post Covid. I understand Lee Hoos was seeking support from other Championship clubs to re-consider our FFP penalties and got short-shrift.
The economic hit on all aspects of dally life is still not fully known, but we all know it is huge. Football clubs are not immune and when you see numbers like the Forest accounts, it makes no-sense for the EFL to continue to enforce our penalties.
The club should see out the season and give notice of their intention not to continue paying the penalties as well as recouping what has been paid to-date.
That would leave the EFL and the Championship clubs with a huge problem to resolve rather than kick the can down the road.

Well he got short shrift from one club in particular, whose CEO has some fcking brass neck on him.
Forest accounts on 12:00 - Mar 11 with 1716 viewsCamberleyR

"The club should see out the season and give notice of their intention not to continue paying the penalties as well as recouping what has been paid to-date."

I like that idea. Might even give us enough to do a deal with Charlie!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Forest accounts on 12:26 - Mar 11 with 1643 viewsRoller

From the FFP perspective the £32million loss is misleading. That is their operating loss. Kieran Maguire's tweet also show that they made £11m profit on player sales reducing the loss to £21million. They will be lucky to get loans written off taken into consideration though. The £21million will be reduced further by disallowable costs.

If I've got my dates right, the 19/20 season is going to be assessed in conjunction with the 20/21 season after allowing for any direct cost and lost revenue due to the pandemic. If the dates haven't been allowed to slip, clubs will be submitting their 20/21 projections to the EFL by the end of this month. However, as the dates for submitting accounts to Companies House have been extended by 3 months there is every chance that the same applies to the projections.
Forest accounts on 12:27 - Mar 11 with 1641 viewsWatfordR

Forest accounts on 11:59 - Mar 11 by Northernr

Well he got short shrift from one club in particular, whose CEO has some fcking brass neck on him.

What I find infuriating about our fine is not that we broke the rules as they were, we broke rules which by the time of our judgment were already proven and accepted to be unworkable and had been changed.

As I said at the time, it seemed a bit like sending people to prison for having same sex relationships after the law had been changed because the relationship took place before the law change.

By that logic, the FFP rules remain in place, so the likes of Forest should be judged with no consideration of the effects of the pandemic, otherwise that looks like discrimination. The FL set the precedent.

In summary, it looks to me as though there is plenty of ammunition for our club to have the original ruling quashed if they wanted to.
Forest accounts on 12:29 - Mar 11 with 1631 viewsBostonR

Forest accounts on 11:59 - Mar 11 by Northernr

Wasn't Forest was it? That would be brilliant!
Forest accounts on 14:26 - Mar 11 with 1414 viewsMalintabuk

Forest accounts on 07:59 - Mar 11 by Rs_Holy

I assume it means they will breach FFP rules??? does anyone have any idea what the upshot will be?
... a massive fine? 12 points deducted? 6 points deducted? Just ignore it because of everything else thats going on?

Statement just in from the FA saying though we can not condone the flagrant disregard of the rules the bigger question is QPR. After all the whole of football know that they do not ever going on winning runs like they have and also have the temerity to keep clean sheets. We have therefore decided to send a very harsh letter to Nottingham Forest football club and have decided to double QPRs fine, deduct then those 21 points they have obviously cheated out of fine upstanding clubs, revoke all their loan players, how dare they select good loans and take the defence outside and shoot them.
This will send a clear and unevokable message to all clubs. No matter what you do it is QPR we are really after
Forest accounts on 14:44 - Mar 11 with 1370 viewsderbyhoop

Forest accounts on 10:10 - Mar 11 by Konk

One of my best mates is a Forest fan, and him and his mates have always been pretty grounded about Forest's place in the grand scheme of things; it's why Clough is still worshipped so much; most of them know that amazing spell was a once in a lifetime spell for a club of their size. You would have expected them to have had a year or two back in the PL since they were last up, though; they are one of the bigger clubs in the division.

That said, I've always enjoyed watching him shut gobby fans of "big" clubs up at work up by simply lifting two fingers in the air - "We went to Europe...we won the cup twice". Was even better before Man Utd got their second. One of my favourite away days and I loved the sides Clough put out. Hope they get a decent owner at some point.

If you look at the 3 biggest cities in the East Midlands, you have to wonder how/why Leicester have managed to move into a new stadium, win the Premier League and establish themselves in the top half of the PL while Forest are languishing in the Championship.

Nottingham is a bigger city than Leicester and, although County are only a stone's throw away, Forest attract good support. Just really badly mismanaged over many years.
Derby is half the size of Nottingham, so Championship is probably their rightful place. But they won the League twice in the 1970s. Might have been something to do with a charismatic manager who ended up down the A52. (Yes, I know Mackay was manager when they did the 2nd one).

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Forest accounts on 15:18 - Mar 11 with 1304 viewsTacticalR

Forest accounts on 14:44 - Mar 11 by derbyhoop

If you look at the 3 biggest cities in the East Midlands, you have to wonder how/why Leicester have managed to move into a new stadium, win the Premier League and establish themselves in the top half of the PL while Forest are languishing in the Championship.

Nottingham is a bigger city than Leicester and, although County are only a stone's throw away, Forest attract good support. Just really badly mismanaged over many years.
Derby is half the size of Nottingham, so Championship is probably their rightful place. But they won the League twice in the 1970s. Might have been something to do with a charismatic manager who ended up down the A52. (Yes, I know Mackay was manager when they did the 2nd one).

You have to pick the right sugar daddy.

Air hostess clique

Forest accounts on 15:28 - Mar 11 with 1274 viewsslmrstid

Forest accounts on 14:44 - Mar 11 by derbyhoop

I wish Leicester weren't so good, its bloody annoying...

(Although they have effectively got their stadium for free in the end as they went into admin not long after it was built and the contractors went bust as a result if I remember rightly whilst the new company carried on scot-free!)

Lots of talk about it being expanded now to 45-50,000+. Whether it actually happens or not is another question but the space is there.

The family still seem hugely committed to the club and city too, which I'm a bit surprised by as I wondered if after the helicopter crash it might transpire it was Daddy's toy and the kids would squabble to get rid of it as soon as possible whilst it loses money, but then the fact they're still at the sharp end of the Premiership table probably helps with that!

*Edit - also worth mentioning that Leicester is literally a one-club county - the only professional club in the entire county and I think you have to go down to Barwell in the Southern League 1st Division to find the next highest ranked Leicestershire club in the football pyramid. That helps their support levels a bit.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 15:29]
Forest accounts on 14:29 - Mar 12 with 892 viewsphilc

I’ve seen that Preston’s results show that they are spending £163 on wages for every £100 of revenue and I thought they are a well run club.

How is this sustainable, I blame the money in the Premiership for raising the expectations of players, when did it become the expectation that they could retire at the end of their careers?
Clubs should refuse the demands but until there is a realism from both fans and players that clubs cannot keep spending what they do not earn it will not stop. Commentators speak about the riches of the Premiership but if the money is spent on increased wages, it will not bring financial stability to a club, as we all know.
Forest accounts on 16:07 - Mar 12 with 781 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Forest accounts on 15:28 - Mar 11 by slmrstid

I wish Leicester weren't so good, its bloody annoying...

(Although they have effectively got their stadium for free in the end as they went into admin not long after it was built and the contractors went bust as a result if I remember rightly whilst the new company carried on scot-free!)

Lots of talk about it being expanded now to 45-50,000+. Whether it actually happens or not is another question but the space is there.

The family still seem hugely committed to the club and city too, which I'm a bit surprised by as I wondered if after the helicopter crash it might transpire it was Daddy's toy and the kids would squabble to get rid of it as soon as possible whilst it loses money, but then the fact they're still at the sharp end of the Premiership table probably helps with that!

*Edit - also worth mentioning that Leicester is literally a one-club county - the only professional club in the entire county and I think you have to go down to Barwell in the Southern League 1st Division to find the next highest ranked Leicestershire club in the football pyramid. That helps their support levels a bit.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 15:29]

Good points about the ground. Very fortunate. And when you consider the farcical events we’ve been through since that place opened it all could have been so different.

Comforting though that we don’t have to watch games (if we could) in that chronically diabolical stadium of theirs. It’s probably my least favourite I’ve ever been to. Absolutely no character, no charm, not even an attempt to make it remotely unique or special. There must be hundreds of stadiums across the world which share the precise footprint and seating structure. I will be completely heartbroken if we eventually move into something akin to that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024