Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disney + Unable to subscribe 22:40 - Nov 25 with 3859 viewsGloryHunter

Any streams for the Beatles film?
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 17:32 - Dec 3 with 472 viewsA40Bosh

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 09:34 - Nov 30 by GloryHunter

I think you just have to have been alive at that time. Anyone who wasn't will not appreciate how massive the Beatles phenomenon was, and how those songs were the background to our lives.

I was 14 months old at the time it was filmed Glory, but fell in love with the Beatles when I was around 13 or 14 so I think it is more the case that those who do get it have a love of The Beatles and or the music production process rather than simply being old enough to remember then first time around.

Spent an hour with my old band mates in the pub on Weds night and they are aged 30 - 35 but are Beatles obsessives too.

Also, love the Rick Beato channel although sometimes even as a musician I get completely lost with his in depth analysis of songs

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 19:48 - Dec 3 with 410 viewsGloryHunter

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 17:32 - Dec 3 by A40Bosh

I was 14 months old at the time it was filmed Glory, but fell in love with the Beatles when I was around 13 or 14 so I think it is more the case that those who do get it have a love of The Beatles and or the music production process rather than simply being old enough to remember then first time around.

Spent an hour with my old band mates in the pub on Weds night and they are aged 30 - 35 but are Beatles obsessives too.

Also, love the Rick Beato channel although sometimes even as a musician I get completely lost with his in depth analysis of songs

Good points, all taken. I'll admit there are long stretches of the film that are pretty boring. But I'm assuming that anything that Peter Jackson didn't cut out was left in because it was important to the overall narrative.

I just watched the final episode yesterday, with the gig on the roof, and one of the most amazing things was the contrast between the way the individual Beatles looked - basically the coolest dudes on planet Earth at that time - and the civilians in the street, some wearing trilby hats, and every male wearing a tie.

The Bobbies, too, were SO 1960s English - tapping politely on the door and saying, "Can we have a word?"
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 22:59 - Dec 3 with 376 viewsGaryT

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 19:48 - Dec 3 by GloryHunter

Good points, all taken. I'll admit there are long stretches of the film that are pretty boring. But I'm assuming that anything that Peter Jackson didn't cut out was left in because it was important to the overall narrative.

I just watched the final episode yesterday, with the gig on the roof, and one of the most amazing things was the contrast between the way the individual Beatles looked - basically the coolest dudes on planet Earth at that time - and the civilians in the street, some wearing trilby hats, and every male wearing a tie.

The Bobbies, too, were SO 1960s English - tapping politely on the door and saying, "Can we have a word?"

I laughed out loud when an older gentleman shuffled into view on a roof top with a pipe hanging from his mouth, I heard the voice of Graham Chapman in my head say "what's going on here then?".

I guess it will mean different things to different people but watching Paul go through the motions of fine tuning, Get Back, Let it Be and The long and Winding Road, brought a tear to the eye. I wanted to shout at the telly "a thing of beauty is being created here, will everyone please stop what they are doing and pay attention!"

And it all happened 52 years ago...bloody hell. Yes John, you passed the audition.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024