Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ice Hockey 15:49 - Feb 13 with 1616 viewsTGRRRSSS

Anyone watched any of it on the Winter Olympics coverage?

I saw a couple of games years ago but don't know huge amounts about it, one thing I wondered though what exactly does the Power Play mean? and how is it meant to be a benefit to the team with it?
Ice Hockey on 16:27 - Feb 13 with 1543 viewsBoston

I'm not watching the Olympics but....

Power Play. When one team has a numerical advantage of players due to a 'sending off', sent to the penalty box for either 2 mins (a minor infraction) or 5 mins for something deemed more serious. Power Play ends with either the time being served or the side with the man (men) advantage scoring.
There are a few twists to this part of the game, but basically that's it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ice Hockey on 17:59 - Feb 13 with 1465 viewsslmrstid

Not watching it in the Olympics but when we were in Toronto a couple of years ago we watched a few Maple Leafs games on TV whilst we were there as they had some home games. Its hard to see the puck on the TV so gawd knows how anyone manages to keep track of it when they're actually in the arena spectating.

We did try to see if we could get any tickets but they were only available on resale sites and for silly money so we didn't bother.
Ice Hockey on 20:32 - Feb 13 with 1378 viewsBoston

Ice Hockey on 17:59 - Feb 13 by slmrstid

Not watching it in the Olympics but when we were in Toronto a couple of years ago we watched a few Maple Leafs games on TV whilst we were there as they had some home games. Its hard to see the puck on the TV so gawd knows how anyone manages to keep track of it when they're actually in the arena spectating.

We did try to see if we could get any tickets but they were only available on resale sites and for silly money so we didn't bother.

Familiarity with any sport makes following a game much easier, same with hockey. Like you, when I first started watching I experienced the 'where's the f...ing puck', but it doesn't take long before it's fairly easy.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ice Hockey on 09:18 - Feb 14 with 1252 viewsMrSheen

Ice Hockey on 17:59 - Feb 13 by slmrstid

The Leafs have a claim to be the least successful major sporting franchise in the world - no Stanley Cup appearances, let alone wins, since 1967, which makes their continuing rabid following all the more baffling. Only rivalled by the Hanshin Tigers, Japan’s most popular and useless baseball team. Local rivals would be Newcastle United, Warrington Wolves and Mayo, though you can get in to see any of those.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024