Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brain Haemorrhages (non-QPR) 11:45 - Apr 11 with 1711 viewsWesley2Hoops

To lift the mood a bit (actually, genuine apologies if this thread brings up painful memories for anyone), my Mum's fella had a brain haemorrhage last week.

Apparently he had an 'acute on chronic' bleed which so far they can't identify a cause for. He was treated by burr hole drilling (when the NHS is good, it is truly humbling to see), he came round really well (seemed to have movement and understanding etc) but has since dipped a bit (last night thought he was in prison).

Dr's are understandably reluctant/unable to say much at the minute and was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge, advice or experiences out there? I'm mainly supporting my mum rather than personally effected so no need to sugar coat things.
Brain Haemorrhages (non-QPR) on 11:59 - Apr 11 with 1629 viewsmikeygunn

No advice sadly but passing on my thoughts and best wishes to you and family.
Brain Haemorrhages (non-QPR) on 13:12 - Apr 11 with 1530 viewsPunteR

I can't give any advise about the condition but as someone that has gone through plenty of operations with my son. All I can say is not to panic and try and be a calming influence on your mum which sounds like you are anyway.
Let the experts do their job. The human body can take all sorts of pummelling and operations and recover.
That's all I've got I'm afraid. Thoughts and prayers to you guys .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Brain Haemorrhages (non-QPR) on 15:08 - Apr 11 with 1429 viewsBklynRanger

Brain Haemorrhages (non-QPR) on 13:12 - Apr 11 by PunteR

I can't give any advise about the condition but as someone that has gone through plenty of operations with my son. All I can say is not to panic and try and be a calming influence on your mum which sounds like you are anyway.
Let the experts do their job. The human body can take all sorts of pummelling and operations and recover.
That's all I've got I'm afraid. Thoughts and prayers to you guys .

I'd go with that advice absolutely.

My dad had a couple of brain haemorrhages. They are traumatising things to be close to and I'm in no position to give any medical advice, but I will say they're not necessarily the end for the person they happen to. That confusion you mention is quite normal I'm fairly sure - he had it anyway.

Any after affects your mum's fella experiences are going to be based partly on where in the brain it happened - for example my dad had aphasia afterwards (the thing Bruce Willis recently came out as having) which meant he had trouble remembering words - would often ask "What do you call that thing?...." but the point is he and we could live with it.

I'd just try to physically be there for her, help her understand all the info flying around, stress the positive things in terms of his condition and see what the plan is for his recovery. Best of luck with it all anyway.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 15:09]
Brain Haemorrhages (non-QPR) on 16:26 - Apr 11 with 1349 viewsHayesender

My Dad had one whole driving his lorry for Gowing and Percy on the M4 about 26 years ago.

Somehow he managed to pull over before he became unconscious and sat on the hard shoulder for over two hours before anyone intervened.

He's now 82 and still going, so there's always hope with these things. Best of luck 👍

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Brain Haemorrhages (non-QPR) on 19:34 - Apr 11 with 1221 viewsWesley2Hoops

Thanks for the messages folks, bit of cause for optimism which is nice, time will tell I guess...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024