Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where are the big ideas and ambition? 10:37 - Jan 8 with 1762 viewsBostonR

Like a lot of you,I have followed my team through the best and worst of times since 1973. The last three seasons on the playing and backroom staff have been painful to watch.
The brilliant Jim Gregory had a vision in the 70’s to revamp Rangers and he did it. In the 80’s we pushed on and in the early 90’s we made a go of it. Since then - apart from PL promotion, which was a disaster we’ve been in free-fall.
I acknowledge the development of the training ground, but where is the big thinking on the stadium? The ownership have to take some leadership on that subject and start to think beyond W12. The demise of the club which was epitomised by that abject performance yesterday was there for all to see. It’s all linked.
Where’s the ambition and leadership on how to solve our player recruitment which is frankly abysmal?
Often the most difficult decisions are the right ones and I hope the club realise they have reached that point today. Do nothing and we dive into L1 with a wimper. The Board need to think long-term and re-set the whole club,but with ambition, leadership and guts.
To think we were once a very respected London club - it makes me so angry!
Where are the big ideas and ambition? on 11:37 - Jan 8 with 1624 viewscolinallcars

Looking back, I had a car window sticker that said QPR - The Entertainers. We called ourselves rip-roarin' goal scorin' Rangers without a hint of irony.
It has to be said though that it was easier to pick up good players without spending a fortune then and of course, no FFP.
Where are the big ideas and ambition? on 11:55 - Jan 8 with 1571 viewsstevenagehoop

I started watching them about 10 years before in the good old third division. Fortunate to see the league cup winning team come together and in my teens followed them everywhere. Since that time we had the Dave Sexton team that so nearly won the title - the Terry Venables era which was unfortunately cut short and the Warnock years. Not too much success in a 60 year relationship.

During that time we’ve had a mix of talented players, those that have bust a gut for the hoops and others that quite frankly didnt appear to have cared less about wearing that shirt.
Managers have come and gone some good some bad and those that promised but for one reason or another didn’t achieve.

Owners have come and gone again for different reasons some who would have made a difference others that it would have been better had they not come at all. Timeing has often been against us particularly in my opinion the Briatore regime.

Fair play rules caused immense damage which we are still suffering from.

Throughout that they were my team and a Saturday with your son and all your mates in the pub and watching the match kept you going for the next week even if the football on offer was not up to much.

Then along came the likes of sky - there was always wealthy clubs Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal - but the whole football world changed - Thursday, Friday, Saturday lunchtime, Sunday and Monday night football.Weeks if not months before a Saturday afternoon 3pm kick off.

The routine was broken and all you were left with was the football that was being dished out by so called stars earning ridiculous amounts of money and the dramatics that had previously only been seen in foreign leagues. The game too has changed gone are the robust tackles that got as loud a cheer as a goal and we have the dreaded var - in theory a great idea in practical terms frustrating at the very least.

From being a die hard regular the desire started to go and in fairness over the last few years attendance has all but stopped and apart from the odd performance nothing I’ve seen has made me feel that I need to suffer all that goes in attending the match whenever sky decides it will be played.

I miss the pre and post match banter in the pub but social media helps replace some of that but as you rightly say the club has been heading in one direction for sometime and unfortunately I cannot see it being reversed.

These are my views which some will agree with and others not but as has been said on this board many times before have some pride in wearing the shirt and us fans will have pride in making the effort to watch you.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Where are the big ideas and ambition? on 12:04 - Jan 8 with 1545 viewsDamo1962

Where are the big ideas and ambition? on 11:55 - Jan 8 by stevenagehoop

I started watching them about 10 years before in the good old third division. Fortunate to see the league cup winning team come together and in my teens followed them everywhere. Since that time we had the Dave Sexton team that so nearly won the title - the Terry Venables era which was unfortunately cut short and the Warnock years. Not too much success in a 60 year relationship.

During that time we’ve had a mix of talented players, those that have bust a gut for the hoops and others that quite frankly didnt appear to have cared less about wearing that shirt.
Managers have come and gone some good some bad and those that promised but for one reason or another didn’t achieve.

Owners have come and gone again for different reasons some who would have made a difference others that it would have been better had they not come at all. Timeing has often been against us particularly in my opinion the Briatore regime.

Throughout that they were my team and a Saturday with your son and all your mates in the pub and watching the match kept you going for the next week even if the football on offer was not up to much.

Then along came the likes of sky - there was always wealthy clubs Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal - but the whole football world changed - Thursday, Friday, Saturday lunchtime, Sunday and Monday night football.Weeks if not months before a Saturday afternoon 3pm kick off.

The routine was broken and all you were left with was the football that was being dished out by so called stars earning ridiculous amounts of money and the dramatics that had previously only been seen in foreign leagues. The game too has changed gone are the robust tackles that got as loud a cheer as a goal and we have the dreaded var - in theory a great idea in practical terms frustrating at the very least.

From being a die hard regular the desire started to go and in fairness over the last few years attendance has all but stopped and apart from the odd performance nothing I’ve seen has made me feel that I need to suffer all that goes in attending the match whenever sky decides it will be played.

I miss the pre and post match banter in the pub but social media helps replace some of that but as you rightly say the club has been heading in one direction for sometime and unfortunately I cannot see it being reversed.

These are my views which some will agree with and others not but as has been said on this board many times before have some pride in wearing the shirt and us fans will have pride in making the effort to watch you.

Heartfelt, and sums up my feelings perfectly. I have immense admiration for those who continue to give their time and money supporting the club we have become. They are the definition of supporters.
Where are the big ideas and ambition? on 12:09 - Jan 8 with 1538 viewsNorthantsHoop

Absolutely spot on.
Where are the big ideas and ambition? on 13:32 - Jan 8 with 1403 viewsPaddyhoops

Best post on here for a long time.👏
Where are the big ideas and ambition? on 15:58 - Jan 8 with 1263 viewsThe_Beast1976

Where are the big ideas and ambition? on 11:55 - Jan 8 by stevenagehoop

Bang on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024