Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Early Hull Match Thread 09:54 - Jan 27 with 39877 viewsDieByYourSide

Time to switch things up a little bit I think. Would like to see Johansen come in for Tim who needs some time out of the firing line, and JCS (if he fancies it).

Dieng

Laird (if fit)
JCS
Dickie
Paal

Johansen
Field

Roberts
Chair
Lowe

Dykes

Won on our last two visits there, doing so again shouldn't be beyond our capabilities but we are so out of the winning habit.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:50 - Jan 28 with 2364 viewsstainrods_elbow

Nick London's opening post-match gambit ought to be something like: 'So, Neil, feckless in defence, ineffectual in midfield and feckin' cack in attack, how do you pick the bones out of that one?'

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:50 - Jan 28 with 2380 viewsqprd

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:41 - Jan 28 by Dixie_CT

I don’t understand why Kakay gets away with as little criticism as he does. He is very poor, always has been and always will be.

Shouldn’t be anywhere near a 1st team in the Championship and will end up in League One, or more likely, League Two.

Who at the club is looking at him and thinking he is good enough?

Absolute joke!!

we're a bottom half championship budget squad

do people genuinely expect us to have a brilliant reserve right back FFS?

hes a limited player. so what? he is not our first choice fullback. hes a very serviceable player who tries his hardest and can play across the backline and is a handy defensive sub

yes he played connolly onside for the second goal... but from memory (and i might have this wrong) the reason they even had the ball in that position is b/c we gave the ball away and so our defense was out of shape.... not really his fault
Early Hull Match Thread on 16:50 - Jan 28 with 2374 viewsBklynRanger

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:45 - Jan 28 by Damo1962

Field is another one who gets an easy ride from supporters. What does he actually contribute? They are all varying degrees of shite.

Get a grip would you. Field's the only consistently fit contributing midfielder at the club. OK even he's looked out of sorts recently but who hasn't.
Early Hull Match Thread on 16:50 - Jan 28 with 2368 viewsDixie_CT

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:44 - Jan 28 by Rangersw12

Laird is inured so who would you have played at RB today?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 16:46]

Based on his performance today, the late Queen would have been a better choice.

You’re missing the bigger picture here but are right, we have no other options so he had to start. But the fact is that Kakay shouldn’t even be the option and that is a fault of our most fabulous recruitment team and DoF.
Early Hull Match Thread on 16:52 - Jan 28 with 2294 viewsR_from_afar

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:47 - Jan 28 by Rangersw12

Field is the least of our problems

He tackles and wins headers which is good enough for me in his position

…and is almost always available to play

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:52 - Jan 28 with 2262 viewsqprd

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:50 - Jan 28 by BklynRanger

Get a grip would you. Field's the only consistently fit contributing midfielder at the club. OK even he's looked out of sorts recently but who hasn't.

if fans are having a go at field, they rly dont understand whats going on

hes a defensive midfielder. his job is to brak things up, which he does very effectively. his job is not to link up defense to attack, dribble past people, score goals, etc.

he didnt have a great game today, but bizarre to knock him
Early Hull Match Thread on 16:55 - Jan 28 with 2074 viewsVancouverHoop

Utter shambles.
Early Hull Match Thread on 16:56 - Jan 28 with 2020 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:50 - Jan 28 by qprd

we're a bottom half championship budget squad

do people genuinely expect us to have a brilliant reserve right back FFS?

hes a limited player. so what? he is not our first choice fullback. hes a very serviceable player who tries his hardest and can play across the backline and is a handy defensive sub

yes he played connolly onside for the second goal... but from memory (and i might have this wrong) the reason they even had the ball in that position is b/c we gave the ball away and so our defense was out of shape.... not really his fault

He's actually our first choice as we don't own Laird. He's League One level at best. Remember Warburton lost his job for suggesting the likes of Kakay weren't good enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:56 - Jan 28 with 2009 viewsDamo1962

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:48 - Jan 28 by MelakaRanger

Something is very very wrong at the club

last season we fell off the cliff in January

This season we fell off the cliff in November

Twice in 2 seasons we have gone from promotion candidates to relegation candidates almost overnight

I genuinely fear for our Championship survival and even in League 1 this manager and team would struggle to achieve mid table.

And whatever happens I can’t see Critchley being in charge next season

If this carries on, I fear for Critchley. He has been saddled with some of the worst players I have ever seen wear our shirt, but he seems unable to get any sort of response out of them. I suppose this is the the culmination of terrible management and signings finally coming home to roost. I was pretty confident we wouldn't get drawn in at the bottom - now I'm not so sure. Next game will be interesting.
Early Hull Match Thread on 16:57 - Jan 28 with 1986 viewsJimmyR

Field is easily one of our better performers
Early Hull Match Thread on 16:57 - Jan 28 with 1966 viewsLogman

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:32 - Jan 28 by NorthantsHoop

We let Warburton our best manager in years leave, we are paying for the consequences. This lot don't want to play for Critchley been obvious for weeks.

Even when we were losing under Warburton it was only by one goal and we were unlucky with many of those defeats. What we are witnessing here is much more ragged.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 16:58]
Early Hull Match Thread on 16:58 - Jan 28 with 1904 viewsconnell10

Will the players go down and clap the fans?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 28 with 1875 viewsNortholt_Rs

Fck….where do we go from here?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 28 with 1861 viewsDamo1962

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:49 - Jan 28 by VancouverHoop

Picking on individuals misses the point. This is a team failure. And not just a 90 minute one.

Then they are all responsible.No one should get off being criticized.
Early Hull Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 28 with 1853 viewsRangersw12

Tim and Roberts should never be allowed to play for thr club again after today

Nobody was good but those two epitomise everything wrong with the team
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:01 - Jan 28 with 1760 viewsJAPRANGERS

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:57 - Jan 28 by Logman

Even when we were losing under Warburton it was only by one goal and we were unlucky with many of those defeats. What we are witnessing here is much more ragged.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 16:58]

Bring him back. Not doing much as one of several coaches at a West Ham maybe heading to the Championship.
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:02 - Jan 28 with 1700 viewsDamo1962

Which was my point. I don't need to get a grip either. This game will soon be forgotten by me.
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:03 - Jan 28 with 1644 viewsqprd

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:56 - Jan 28 by Wegerles_Stairs

He's actually our first choice as we don't own Laird. He's League One level at best. Remember Warburton lost his job for suggesting the likes of Kakay weren't good enough.

thats not how it works, mate. he's our second choice right back, as we have a loanee there until the end of the season.... we own laird's rights until the end of the season, no different than if we had a squad player with a half year left on his contract

we obviously dont rate kakay enough to make him the no 1 man, which is why we signed laird

kakay is not brilliant but again (and i dont get how after years of frugality ppl dont get this) resources are limited. we cant be man city and buy two world class players at every position... every pound we spend on a backup fullback is a pound we cant spend on a striker or a central midfielder

kakay is not even in the top 25 problems in this club... hes perfectly serviceable as a backup fullback
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:04 - Jan 28 with 1632 viewscolinallcars

How does the old movie song go ?
The clown,
With his pants falling down……
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:04 - Jan 28 with 1615 viewsMelakaRanger

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 28 by Northolt_Rs

Exeter, Fleetwood, Swindon, Milton Keynes
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:05 - Jan 28 with 1591 viewsLblock

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 28 by Northolt_Rs

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:05 - Jan 28 with 1571 viewsHooping_Mad

Add that performance to the Fleetwood one and you realise we are a total shambles.

If this is us at the end of January, we are in a relegation scrap. Don't kid yourselves otherwise.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:06 - Jan 28 with 1529 viewsMelakaRanger

Early Hull Match Thread on 16:56 - Jan 28 by Damo1962

If this carries on, I fear for Critchley. He has been saddled with some of the worst players I have ever seen wear our shirt, but he seems unable to get any sort of response out of them. I suppose this is the the culmination of terrible management and signings finally coming home to roost. I was pretty confident we wouldn't get drawn in at the bottom - now I'm not so sure. Next game will be interesting.

Yes. But this team with these same players were top of the league and apparently going places just 3 months ago

How can we go from serial winners to serial losers overnight?
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:06 - Jan 28 with 1518 viewsJimmyR

Well that was shite - there should be a few lads getting stuck in on the boxing later hopefully
Early Hull Match Thread on 17:07 - Jan 28 with 1491 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Early Hull Match Thread on 17:03 - Jan 28 by qprd

thats not how it works, mate. he's our second choice right back, as we have a loanee there until the end of the season.... we own laird's rights until the end of the season, no different than if we had a squad player with a half year left on his contract

we obviously dont rate kakay enough to make him the no 1 man, which is why we signed laird

kakay is not brilliant but again (and i dont get how after years of frugality ppl dont get this) resources are limited. we cant be man city and buy two world class players at every position... every pound we spend on a backup fullback is a pound we cant spend on a striker or a central midfielder

kakay is not even in the top 25 problems in this club... hes perfectly serviceable as a backup fullback

I would respectfully disagree. He's League 1 at best, so every time you play him you're liable to concede because of him.....as has been evidenced recently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024