Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated 17:20 - Feb 6 with 1979 viewsKeithHaynes

With fish like analogies.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 17:22 - Feb 6 with 1974 viewsKeithHaynes

Jordan Rhodes 😂

And a comment on transfer window signings.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 17:31 - Feb 6 with 1932 viewsWhiterockin

A lovely man who was shite on by the owners, just to get a fellow countryman in. Only my opinion of course.
Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 17:31 - Feb 6 with 1931 viewsDr_Winston

He's right about the players.

Check out our points per game with Fer in the team Vs our points per game after he got injured and Ki became our midfield linchpin. The same Ki who had already agreed a deal elsewhere and didn't want to get his boots dirty. We might have got away with losing Ayew if we hadn't lost Leroy as well.

That was one thing that could have saved us had it worked out differently. The other was Clement being an utter coward earlier in the season. We must have thrown away at least half a dozen points with our refusal to attack teams at home. A bit more bravery, a couple of wins instead of defeats or draws. Wouldn't have taken much.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 17:32 - Feb 6 with 1926 viewsDr_Winston

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 17:31 - Feb 6 by Whiterockin

A lovely man who was shite on by the owners, just to get a fellow countryman in. Only my opinion of course.

Different manager.

Guidolin was aces.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 17:35 - Feb 6 with 1909 viewsWhiterockin

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 17:32 - Feb 6 by Dr_Winston

Different manager.

Guidolin was aces.

Sorry, you are of course correct, stupid error.
Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 17:38 - Feb 6 with 1894 viewsDr_Winston

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 17:35 - Feb 6 by Whiterockin

Gave me a chance to talk about how good Guidolin was though, including my theory that he was Frankie Burrows' long lost Italian half brother.

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 19:45 - Feb 6 with 1710 viewsSTID2017

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 17:35 - Feb 6 by Whiterockin

Good to hear the reasoning behind what went wrong.
Easy for us fans to criticise him and the players for failing to finish the job ( as I did and have since May 2018 )
Doesn't make it any easier to swallow but still.
Seems a decent guy.
"Jordan Rhodes" and "Leicester" though ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:00 - Feb 6 with 1677 viewsmax936

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 17:32 - Feb 6 by Dr_Winston

Different manager.

Guidolin was aces.

Guidolin was treated appalling by Jenkins he treated him like shit because he knew he could, because Guidolin was a mild mannered man and he shabbily took advantage.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:03 - Feb 6 with 1671 viewspencoedjack

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:00 - Feb 6 by max936

Guidolin was treated appalling by Jenkins he treated him like shit because he knew he could, because Guidolin was a mild mannered man and he shabbily took advantage.

Agree thought Guidolin was a good manager (& man) thought Carvalhal was a bit of joke tbh.
Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:06 - Feb 6 with 1658 viewsshandyjack

He threw away all momentum by playing a weak team against spurs in the cup and we never recovered from there

Poll: Expectation for the season

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:08 - Feb 6 with 1655 viewsSTID2017

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:06 - Feb 6 by shandyjack

He threw away all momentum by playing a weak team against spurs in the cup and we never recovered from there

Yes forgot about that

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:18 - Feb 6 with 1632 viewslifelong

We should never have gone down.
If memory serves me correctly we only needed 4 points from the remaining 8 or 9 games to stay up.
We lost 7 of the last 9 and sharing the points in the other 2.
Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:34 - Feb 6 with 1603 viewsJack11

Yeah we got into a position where it was easier to stay up than go down, not to mention the run in Huddersfield had. I think they beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge midweek which basically did for us.
Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:39 - Feb 6 with 1580 viewsmax936

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:18 - Feb 6 by lifelong

We should never have gone down.
If memory serves me correctly we only needed 4 points from the remaining 8 or 9 games to stay up.
We lost 7 of the last 9 and sharing the points in the other 2.

That game against Southampton was a heart breaker and made worse due to the fact that Hughes was their manager, we didn't seem to have any purpose in that game, they always looked like nicking it.

But I agree we virtually embraced relegation in those last 9 or 10 games.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:40 - Feb 6 with 1564 viewsonehunglow

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:39 - Feb 6 by max936

That game against Southampton was a heart breaker and made worse due to the fact that Hughes was their manager, we didn't seem to have any purpose in that game, they always looked like nicking it.

But I agree we virtually embraced relegation in those last 9 or 10 games.

In football terms that Soton defeat was traumatising

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:42 - Feb 6 with 1567 viewspencoedjack

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:34 - Feb 6 by Jack11

Yeah we got into a position where it was easier to stay up than go down, not to mention the run in Huddersfield had. I think they beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge midweek which basically did for us.

I was in a pub in Cowbridge with 2 Italian colleagues (who I took to watch the Swans a few times) felt sick when they got a result.
Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:50 - Feb 6 with 1547 viewsKeithHaynes

Flew over for the Liverpool win in the January, I thought that night we had sealed it, looks like the team did as well.

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:52 - Feb 6 with 1526 viewsJack11

Add in the good natured banter with Stoke fans on the last day and the whole thing feels like a fever dream.
Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:55 - Feb 6 with 1505 viewsSTID2017

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:52 - Feb 6 by Jack11

Add in the good natured banter with Stoke fans on the last day and the whole thing feels like a fever dream.

I remember we had a chance to stay up by beatinStoke 10 - 0 or something?
Oddly enough never looked close

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 21:23 - Feb 6 with 1465 viewsBoundy

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:40 - Feb 6 by onehunglow

In football terms that Soton defeat was traumatising

Absoulte horrible day , Ki all smiles entering the ground who was soon put back in his box with a few chosen words , quickly followed by Dineen who must have covered the 10 yards from his car into the ground in a sub 3 seconds . We should never have gone down under those circumstances but we did and look where we are now , sad

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 08:03 - Feb 7 with 1293 viewsKilkennyjack

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 20:06 - Feb 6 by shandyjack

Was that the terrible weather game ?

Beware of the Risen People

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 09:25 - Feb 7 with 1243 viewsSTID2017

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 08:03 - Feb 7 by Kilkennyjack

Was that the terrible weather game ?

Not that I remember ?
I think he just picked a very weak side when we seemed to have a good opportunity to give Spurs a decent game.
Losing then became a habit

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 09:34 - Feb 7 with 1233 viewsjojaca

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 09:25 - Feb 7 by STID2017

Not that I remember ?
I think he just picked a very weak side when we seemed to have a good opportunity to give Spurs a decent game.
Losing then became a habit

I always thought the turning point was Ayew sending off.

Even when you know, you never know?

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 09:49 - Feb 7 with 1210 viewsSTID2017

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 09:34 - Feb 7 by jojaca

Definetly in the league.
He referred to that and felt the same.
However we should still have had enough to get over the line.

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 09:53 - Feb 7 with 1206 viewsFireboy2

Carlos Carvalhal on why the swans were relegated on 09:34 - Feb 7 by jojaca

Definitely, we went downhill after that game at Huddersfield, a game we would have won and probably never looked back.

The game at WBA springs to mind, they were awful and we were so negative, scrapped a draw when a win would have come with a positive attitude.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024