Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting out of hand. 20:06 - Feb 28 with 3437 viewskrunchykarrot

Travelling from the stadium on bypass towards Llansamlet looks like a third world country with the ammount of litter discarded. The council should be ashamed that visitors are seeing this on approach. Is it me that thinks there seems to be litter and dog mess getting out of control. Even the Marina the other day was grubby, cant we get our overflowing prisons doing community work?
Getting out of hand. on 20:44 - Feb 28 with 2796 viewsbonymine

I noticed the same this week it’s disgraceful roads are being closed overnight now for litter clearance FFS society is broken between social media abuse and a general lack of personal standards and human decency I do despair and I’m no ‘Victor Meldrew’ 🤷‍♂️😩😩😩
Rant over I’ll go & watch the Swans now to chill out …..oh hang on a minute 🙈🙈🙈😩

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Getting out of hand. on 20:45 - Feb 28 with 2794 viewsFlashberryjack

I'm sure picking litter would be against prisoners human rights.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Getting out of hand. on 21:12 - Feb 28 with 2765 viewsWhiterockin

I firmly believe that when people see litter they leave litter. So many countries you go to you see no litter. Zero tolerance is the only way.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Getting out of hand. on 21:21 - Feb 28 with 2751 viewsmax936

There are to many drive through outlets, they grab the crap from those places and then chuck the empties out of their vehicles, I've seen it with my own eyes, not saying everyone who uses those outlets do it , but its the usual ones who have no respect for anything or anyone.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Getting out of hand. on 22:22 - Feb 28 with 2679 viewsBoundy

Not just here ,it's everywhere you go , I travel sometimes between Blackmill and Gilfach Goch the rubbish thrown from cars has to be seen to be believed , dog walkers (although not all including myself ) who either leave the mess there or pick it up in a black plastic bag then leave there .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Getting out of hand. on 01:28 - Mar 1 with 2644 viewsRobbie

Take a walk by any local , close to us , canal system and plastic pop bottles chucked in ,

Volunteers try their best to clear the mess , no council help of course for their efforts .

What a challenge these days to take stuff to a waste/recycle centre , know they have targets to achieve of course , there again , a very small household skip is £ 170 to hire .

Wonder why people flytip
Getting out of hand. on 07:15 - Mar 1 with 2601 viewsBoundy

It's all about a lack of education and respect for their environs

Getting out of hand. on 07:40 - Mar 1 with 2583 viewsbuilthjack

It looks awful yes.
We see a lot of people being given community service for various offences.
Surely they can litter pick.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Getting out of hand. on 08:43 - Mar 1 with 2549 viewsSTID2017

Travelling on the M4 from Gorseinon to Neath we made the same observation.
Shocking amount of litter.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Getting out of hand. on 08:47 - Mar 1 with 2546 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Getting out of hand. on 08:43 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Travelling on the M4 from Gorseinon to Neath we made the same observation.
Shocking amount of litter.

The stretch of road between Gowerton and the M4 is covered in litter. There is a large number of people who just don't care.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Getting out of hand. on 08:52 - Mar 1 with 2543 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Getting out of hand. on 07:40 - Mar 1 by builthjack

It looks awful yes.
We see a lot of people being given community service for various offences.
Surely they can litter pick.

In the past there was a scheme for young people who were low level first time offenders to avoid being criminalised by doing community work including litter picking.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Getting out of hand. on 08:58 - Mar 1 with 2536 viewsSTID2017

Getting out of hand. on 08:52 - Mar 1 by JACKMANANDBOY

In the past there was a scheme for young people who were low level first time offenders to avoid being criminalised by doing community work including litter picking.

Back in 2006 I had cause to help a young person on the YOS.
She was given community work involving such work.
Probably taught her more about being a responsible citizen than a spell in a Young Offenders Institute would have

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Getting out of hand. on 09:39 - Mar 1 with 2518 viewsonehunglow

Getting out of hand. on 21:21 - Feb 28 by max936

There are to many drive through outlets, they grab the crap from those places and then chuck the empties out of their vehicles, I've seen it with my own eyes, not saying everyone who uses those outlets do it , but its the usual ones who have no respect for anything or anyone.

The brook,30 yards from our house is littered with Red Bull,McD wraps,Domino pizza boxes. It’s the same country wide .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Getting out of hand. on 12:13 - Mar 1 with 2477 viewskrunchykarrot

So here is my solution.

£250 +(this must cover all court and supervision costs) fine for first offence and 40hrs community service) doubling for second offence thereafter. All prisoners deemed eligble let out daily to carry out community work like litter graveyards etc. The only caveat i would put on this is that if they abscond they will have to start sentence fron the start and lose the ridiculous good behaviour tariff. This would all be funded to begin by Walkers Cadburys and Macdonalds KFC etc you get my drift.
Getting out of hand. on 14:26 - Mar 1 with 2421 viewscontroversial_jack

Getting out of hand. on 12:13 - Mar 1 by krunchykarrot

So here is my solution.

£250 +(this must cover all court and supervision costs) fine for first offence and 40hrs community service) doubling for second offence thereafter. All prisoners deemed eligble let out daily to carry out community work like litter graveyards etc. The only caveat i would put on this is that if they abscond they will have to start sentence fron the start and lose the ridiculous good behaviour tariff. This would all be funded to begin by Walkers Cadburys and Macdonalds KFC etc you get my drift.

What court costs? They get a budget every year. Shouldn't be the judiciaries job to raise revenue fog the govt
Getting out of hand. on 07:42 - Mar 2 with 2285 viewsBoundy

Getting out of hand. on 14:26 - Mar 1 by controversial_jack

What court costs? They get a budget every year. Shouldn't be the judiciaries job to raise revenue fog the govt

Try thinking it through , court costs cover a multitude of sub topics

Getting out of hand. on 09:46 - Mar 2 with 2245 viewscontroversial_jack

Getting out of hand. on 07:42 - Mar 2 by Boundy

Try thinking it through , court costs cover a multitude of sub topics

No they don't. They have a budget every year and work to that. They don't work overtime. As I stated, it's not the job of the courts to raise revenue for the govt
Getting out of hand. on 12:31 - Mar 2 with 2223 viewsmax936

Getting out of hand. on 01:28 - Mar 1 by Robbie

Take a walk by any local , close to us , canal system and plastic pop bottles chucked in ,

Volunteers try their best to clear the mess , no council help of course for their efforts .

What a challenge these days to take stuff to a waste/recycle centre , know they have targets to achieve of course , there again , a very small household skip is £ 170 to hire .

Wonder why people flytip

Just wait for the inevitable council tax increase, Its incredible the amount of incompetency that is in our Councils. The amount of money wasted is disgusting.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Getting out of hand. on 12:58 - Mar 2 with 2219 viewsGoldenBear

Spot on KK, Swansea is going to the dogs. This is basic stuff we are talking about.
We are not asking for gold plated lamp posts, but keep the place tidy, it putting folk off coming here, its bad enough as it is.
Getting out of hand. on 13:15 - Mar 2 with 2214 viewsRobbie

Had to make a visit to Swansea City Centre today , as if that experience alone was a , I want to get out from here ASAP moment , the stretch of bypass from the Stadium to FRF Motors roundabout was another eyeopener .

As mentioned earlier , and as sombody who rarely visits Swansea , I was amazed at the mess on the embankment , surely sombody from the council must take that road en-route to their workplace and at least , pass a message onto the relevant dept .
Getting out of hand. on 13:27 - Mar 2 with 2206 viewsWhiterockin

Getting out of hand. on 13:15 - Mar 2 by Robbie

Had to make a visit to Swansea City Centre today , as if that experience alone was a , I want to get out from here ASAP moment , the stretch of bypass from the Stadium to FRF Motors roundabout was another eyeopener .

As mentioned earlier , and as sombody who rarely visits Swansea , I was amazed at the mess on the embankment , surely sombody from the council must take that road en-route to their workplace and at least , pass a message onto the relevant dept .

No wonder away supporters sing "Swansea's a sh******

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Getting out of hand. on 17:10 - Mar 2 with 2175 viewskrunchykarrot

Getting out of hand. on 13:15 - Mar 2 by Robbie

Its hard to believe Robbie, the other thing i forgot to mention is this recycling malarkey. We sort out the necessary then it blows everywhere overnight at times then the refuse lorry sheds litter like confetti as it hurtles about. We really need to get a grip.
Getting out of hand. on 18:59 - Mar 2 with 2134 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s a thing everywhere, people don’t care. The best moments come from throwing their fast food rubbish back in their car. Be prepared for a response though.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Getting out of hand. on 12:00 - Mar 3 with 2059 viewsBoundy

Getting out of hand. on 09:46 - Mar 2 by controversial_jack

No they don't. They have a budget every year and work to that. They don't work overtime. As I stated, it's not the job of the courts to raise revenue for the govt

You must realise that court costs are awarded to the courts , no one mentioned terms and conditions of the legal fraternity including if they work overtime , have a read you may educate yourself

https://www.gov.uk/court-fees-what-they-are

Getting out of hand. on 13:08 - Mar 3 with 2032 viewsGwyn737

Getting out of hand. on 17:10 - Mar 2 by krunchykarrot

Its hard to believe Robbie, the other thing i forgot to mention is this recycling malarkey. We sort out the necessary then it blows everywhere overnight at times then the refuse lorry sheds litter like confetti as it hurtles about. We really need to get a grip.

I'm always perplexed when I come back to Swansa and see how complicated the refuse and recycling system is.

Down with us, we've all got 2 wheelie bins that are collected on alternate weeks - 1 week refuse, next week recycling.

Seemingly you can put most eligable things in the recyling bin - glass, plastic, all paper based stuff, cardboard.

Whenever I see friends in Swansea preparing for bin day, it looks like something off The Crystal Maze.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024